Chapter 9: Helpless.

(Seol ah)

After we went to the nurse office, the nurse said that my injury was nothing serious. She cleaned my wound, put cold packs on my leg for few minutes then wrapped it with an Ace wrap. She told me not to play any sport for the following few weeks, take more rest and apply ice packs for 10 minutes 3 times a day so it reduces pain and swelling.

Sung-jin stayed with me during the whole process and he kept asking me if I was okay every five seconds. His friends joined us after a while, they introduced themselves and asked if I'm okay. They seemed quite friendly, I then knew that the other guys, Juno and Si-woo are the transfer students everyone was talking about. I was really surprised to know that Sung-jin and I are in the same class except that happened to attend a few days ago when I wasn't around, whereas Juno and Si Woo are juniors.

None of us had class after lunchtime, and since we didn't have lunch we all went straight to the cafeteria. We had a chat while eating.

Juno: What's with the other two girls? They seemed like these cliche high schools mean girls. So immature.

Si-woo: You shouldn't let it pass Seol-ah! Do you even know them?

"It's a long story" I sighed.

Sung Jin: You can sum it up for us, can't you?

We all seemed to get into some quite deep conversations after I told them my story, and I felt like I've known them for ages. I knew later that they're some trainee idols whose label happened to be quite big in the industry, and that explains why they can only be around now and then but not so often, we exchanged numbers and promised to have lunch whenever we're all around.

" I don't know what I did to meet you guys, I'm so lucky that I got to know you. Is there anything I can do to pay you back?"

Juno: We want to graduate from this university, and since we missed some classes and we won't be attending so often, can you help us catch up on what we missed? He shyly asked. Si-woo nodded in agreement.

"Is that all? I'll be glad to help you." I accepted enthusiastically.

_____________________________

After lunch, I went home and rested a bit then went to the company. Now that I became a part of a junior songwriting team, I've got to come here at least 4 times a week depending on the schedule I was given, and today was my very first day as a trainee. Everyone here is friendly, except for some seniors. Some of them even boss us around and make us do things that are not even related to what we're supposed to do. I was so tired, and my leg was hurting so bad. I needed to take some rest before I go home, so I went to an empty practice room.

I suddenly remembered the little time I spent with Myungsoo in one of these practice rooms, all the sweet and encouraging words he said, and the waves of our laughter that circled the room. I still can't get why he suddenly started treating me that way.

I was too lost in my thoughts until a piano placed in the corner of the practice room caught my eye.

(Flashback)

"Cassie? Come here darling I want to show you something."-Dad.

"Dad? Is that a piano? Woah, it's huge!"

"Yes, sweetie, It's your 8th birthday's gift. Your dad and I wanted to give you a special gift and since you love music. We thought this would be the perfect one" -Mum.

"Oh, mummy, daddy! Thank you, I have the best parents in the world. I love you so much."

"We love you too darling, from now on we're gonna play it together every day until you become really good." -Dad.