1

Instances where you have struck up an unusual relationship with a random stranger whom just happen to be a part of your life, strange isn't? Yeah. That what I always ask myself when my mind is off wandering somewhere. Just like now, I've been sitting here recalling what I had to go through just for me to get here.

The age-old saying has always been "opposite attracts". I used to scoff at that idea. It seemed silly that I would ever get close to someone who wasn't exactly me. Who would have thought? Two very different people embarking on a strange journey.

As one could imagine, It didn't started as good.

But I firmly stand with the idea that even broken things can be beautiful.

For some, the cycle goes typical; you liked each other, put a label and make it official then sex.

But us?

Heck no, sex was first on the list followed by everything.

And oh, we hated each other, very very much.

-------------------------------------

Jennifer's POV

Venturing across the floor as I was carrying plates on my hands, trying to check the table's number where people wait for their food. "Hash browns and egg, here you go sir" I mutter, "And one order of three stacks of pancakes" I flashed a small smile to the little girl. "What will you say Lily?" The man looked down at her daughter, "Thanks" She said whilst shoving pancakes into her mouth. "You're welcome" "You have a daughter?" He asked, "Oh no no, I have a sister but a little older than her" I said, smiling and leaving the table before he starts hitting on me. I could feel it. Man with his looks are evidently divorced, I've experienced a few during my two years of work here at the cafeteria. "Hey, slow poke" a voice behind me said, I turn to look around and see Maurice, standing beside me with her usual messy bun and dark eyeshadow. "I'm the slow poke? You're an hour late!" I whispered-yelled. "And you have hickies!" I chuckled, pointing at it. "Mmm..don't worry about it" she winks, covering it with her hair, "You're ridiculous. Wha? You're with your sugar daddy again?" I tease, "He pays the bills!" "Then why are you still working here?" I asked, quite puzzled. "Do you want my family to get suspicious? I'm not stupid, just a little slutty" She winks. Oh dear, Maurice.

"A little?!" I tease earning a slap on the arm from her.

I could never understand how crazy she gets with her thing.

I let out a sigh and shake my head. "How did you end up with him though?" I asked curiously, "You'll regret you asked that" I furrowed my brows. "Okay, you promise you won't tell a thing? you'll keep your mouth shut?" She pulled my arm as she walks around the corner. "I can do that" I shrugged, and she looked around her before whispering to me. "See, I have a friend who works there. First, they put me up into an agency and you know the basics-- made me sign a few papers then we went to a club" "So that's it? You go to a club and grind to some random ass people?" I frown, cringing inside.

"No! That's not how it works! I'm not a stripper! Listen- they like put you up to an auction, but with wealthy people! If someone bid you for a lot of money, half of it is yours and the other one's on the agency. It could be a night, week or even a month I think, then that's it, you get your money and you're done. You can get back with your crappy life" she explained and by the end of the sentence, my mouth is ajar.

"W-what? People do that? Is that even legal?" "You say like its a bad thing" "Because it is! They pay people for sex!" I exclaimed, "Shut your mouth! Look Jen, I need money and this is the easiest way to do it. Serving strangers here are not doing its job so yeah, figured you might be interested" she said, and I chuckle in disgust. "And you'd rather ride dicks than serve people who eats actual food. Hell no. I'm fine, Maurice. This will do" I said and pat her back, "Damn, okay fire cracker but whatever, here" she pulled something out of her phone pockets, a little card. "Seriously?" I rolled my eyes, "No way. I'm not taking that." I said through my teeth. "You never know when you need it" she said, raising her brows at me. "Mmm.." She smirked, walking past me but I feel her slip it in my apron. I sighed. She knows I'm in need of money, but I'm not sure if I'm ready to sacrifice my body for such thing.

Later that day, I came home tired as hell with my back and feet aching. I've been standing and roaming around that cafeteria all day, receiving random sultry looks from people I don't know. "Jennifer?! Is that you?" I hear my mom yelled along with the loud footsteps. "It's me" I mumbled, "Great, cause I need something, hun !" She says, and I already know what she meant. "Mom, it's not even my payday yet and plus, I've been saving for college" I let out a sigh, "Oh cmon! This will be the last time this month, I promise. It's just I need to buy something" What? Condoms? I secretly whispered inside my head. I shake my head as I fish for fifty dollar inside my purse. "This is all I got" She takes it from me, grinning widely as she stays in her position, raising her brows at me. "Mom, seriously" "Alright, thanks Hun. The bills are on the counter by the way" she says and kisses my cheek before she walks inside her room. I shake my head, and closed my eyes in frustration. I went to check it and as expected, it just a pile of bills that is due this week. Before going to bed, I went to Emma's room and see that she's asleep. I leaned down and left a kiss on her forehead before putting away the book she's holding.

I didn't mean to snoop but I happen to see something clipped on her book, it's a paper.
I read it and it's indicated the tuition fee and examination permit that needed to follow up this month. I put my hands on my face thinking how my life is a full of crap.

That's the thing about being the bread winner, you feel like you're  carrying the world up on your shoulders.

Meanwhile, I managed to calm myself and I changed my icky working clothes into loose shirts and panties, I lay comfortably on my bed quickly dozing asleep but my eyes shots open when I hear audible moans beside my room. "Mom" I mumbled, putting a pillow over my head. It goes for a few minutes before the click-clacking stopped. Thank God. She's ridiculous, she must've forgotten I was inches away from her room and not to mention this happens all the time, there isn't new about this. Ever since my dad left her, she starts mingling around, bringing random guys inside our house. I stare up the ceiling, not feeling sleepy anymore. Who wouldn't? It's so disturbing and disgusting honestly, I don't know how she does that knowing there's two of her kids across her bedroom. I turn my position and hug my favorite pillow tightly. Beside my nightstand is a stacks of magazine I've been reading ever since I was in high school. I remember reading their issue every month. I didn't have to buy it cause my mom works there at that time. Across the magazine cover there's a printed name of the company named, Naked Wardrobe. It's basically full of apparel, blogs and articles about clothes. It's heaven. For a moment, I feel like I was Rachel there from Friends.

Funny story, so my mom worked there as an editor in chief but when dad left us for another girl, my mom lost her shit so I had to stopped schooling. I didn't finish college, It was one year until my graduation when everything turned upside down. As one could imagine, it sucks so bad that I had to find a job. And so, I felt confident enough to try applying at this magazine company thinking I have a chance knowing my mom worked there for years, but they didn't accept me since I was just a high school graduate. I made a fool of myself. Yep, I just got rejected and it was the worst feeling ever.

I wanted so bad to work there, fashion has always been my passion ever since I was a kid and I couldn't understand why my mother would waste such an opportunity, yeah they broke up but at some point she's gonna have to realize he's gone and she need to move on. I ended up working at this junk cafeteria instead, it's my second year so I got a raise from my boss, fortunately. When you don't have college degree, people will look down at you and underestimate you. It was a struggle finding a decent job with a average salary. I went 0 to 100, real quick.

Why things don't work out so well for me? Like seriously, I was doing good during my high school days, I have everything I want. A nice car, boyfriend, family, money and now it is the complete opposite shit. Life is a bitch sometimes, no wait, scratch that-- all the time.

I went to grab my phone on the pocket of my jeans that I was wearing earlier along with my apron until something fell down, I looked down at it and it was the same paper Maurice handed me earlier. I shake my head, about to throw it but it made me stopped for a moment. Curiosity kills they say, and so I read it.

Elite '17 was written in bold uppercase letters.

That's it? Just that?

I turn the paper around and there's an address with a number written behind it.

Is this even legit?

I find myself crazy for even taking my time for considering this. It not even a proper option. This is basically selling your body to someone who you don't even know. I know, I'm against about this ever since the beginning but she's right. It's an easy money. All night, my mind was just contemplating whether to do it or not.