2

Jennifer's POV

It seems like no matter how I try to keep up with optimism, it would disappear in a blink of an eye. I have been working my ass off 24/7, I even work late shifts just for me to earn extra money. How terrible what I had to go through everyday to survive this freaking world. Mind you that I literally have no day offs as much as I want to lay in bed all day and do nothing, I can't. Apparently, that's not how life works. You ever gotten to the point of your life where you just keep going without knowing what shit would smack you in the face out of the blue? Yeah, that's where I am at the moment. It's pity how it gets tiring as day continue to pass, tired from all the shits I've been getting from people to be honest. It's unbelievable how people judge with just looking at you once, I do that sometimes too, let's not be hypocrite but some people don't know where their limits lies ahead.

With stupid ideas shouting inside my head, a poke on my shoulder snapped me out of my daze. I turn around and see Emma on her daily school uniform, her hair was in a messy ponytail. "Eat your breakfast, it's on the table" I said, pointing the plates, she obeyed and went to sit on the dinning area. While she eats, I attempt to fix her hair into a neatly ponytail. "Jen?" She mutters, "Yeah? Something wrong with the food?" I asked, as I pack her lunch on the counter. "I don't think I feel well to go to school today" she said while playing with her food. A frown formed in my face, "Are you sick?" I walk over to feel her forehead and it seems to me, she's fine. "Em? What's wrong?" I asked, she went silent and refused to look at me. "Em?" I whisper, "It's just my teacher won't let me take the exams today" I sigh deeply, feeling crushed. "Look- I'm sorry, Em. I'll find some money okay? I will figure everything out, for now finish your breakfast and I'll go talk to your teacher" she nods and I let out a deep sigh secretly, thinking of something to do.

It's a matter of time when I sent Emma to school, I managed to talk to her teacher and fortunately they let her take the exams. I really need to find some money. For it seemed like forever, I was staring at this piece of paper in my hand. This is stupid, but no matter how I think it through many times, I would end up in one conclusion. I don't have another choice. I couldn't borrow money from Maurice either, I know she just had enough for herself. It's a good thing rent is not a problem because we have our own house, or else I'll go nuts.

I've probably gone mental but I made up my mind, as soon as it registers to me. A cringe in disgust, I can't believe it would come to a point where I had to sacrifice my own body I have been saving all my life for a fucking stranger.

As expected, I arrived late at work. As soon as I get there, I immediately looked through the food served on the counter. I grabbed my tray and do what I usually do. "Now, look who's the slow poke now" I hear voice behind me says, I looked back and saw Maurice walking across the floor with drinks in her hand, she served it to the blonde woman that has been sitting there for a while and went to get back at me. "Oh shut up, you know I take Em to school everyday" I said frustratingly. "Excuses!" She teases, "I kinda believe that part but your bugs under your eyes say otherwise." She raises her brow as she chew on her gum. "You were thinking about it, weren't you?" She said, reading me like a book. "Can we save this topic for later? We're in the middle of work hours, Sam will reduct money from our pay check again", "Who cares about that old man, he can go fuck himself" she whispered-yelled, rolling her eyes. "There's no new customers still, c'mon tell me" she says, being annoying. "Okay, fine. I've been thinking about it, you happy now?"

"It's not you. If I don't pay bills, Em will get drop out of school. I don't want her to go through the same shit happened to me" I sighed, "Then do it" she tells me. I looked up at her and let out a sigh of frustration. "It's terrifying" I said, "At first yes, but it gets easy. Just think of someone while your doing it, like your ex boyfriend of or something" she said, shrugging. "That's the problem, Mau" I said, "I'm a virgin" once I said it, her mouth drops and eyes gets bigger. "You're a what?!" "Don't act like its a big deal, so what? I'm only 26. It's not too late" the expression on her face last for a minute. "You mean- you never..you know" "No, the farthest I've gone with a guy is grinding" I chuckled, remembering my ex-boyfriend. "Unbelievable" she mutters, shaking her head. "And what do you want to imply?" "I mean, if you ever considered doing this. You'll receive a lot of money. Oh let me tell you, they love virgins especially old---"