16

Jennifer's POV

It's been three days since we had that ridiculous conversation. I kept thinking why would she say it was a offer where in fact she didn't leave me no choice. I don't understand the purpose of whatever contract she will be demanding me to sign. My two cents in this are useless. I've also realized the reason why she introduced me as her girlfriend at the ball.

She's giving a hint to her parents. Terrible, what a pity, Jennifer.

Anyway, I've been avoiding her ever since that day, it hard but I'm managing. I'm still mad and I'm trying to stay that way at least for now.

If you think about it, I don't need the money. I've already got my fair share. So I don't see a point of doing this. Because I won't. I'm not marrying someone who doesn't love me, and I made a promise to myself that the only person I'll be marrying is the one.

"Get dressed, we'e having dinner at my parent's." Excuse me, what? I looked up and tried to muster up for words. I'm mad but she is being unreasonable. "W-what? W-why?" I stammered. "You're my fiancé, That needs a proper introduction, don't you think?" She said, as she lean against my door frame. "No one said I agreed to this. You can't do that." I said with a pinch of courage. She looked at me with those dark eyes and let out a deep breath. "You're making this complicated for yourself." She says, "Well it is complicated. Everything is twisted around here." I blurted out. She walks closer to me and pull my hands towards her. "Not if you marry me." She whispers. I forced myself to look on the ground. "Just a year Jennifer. I'll make you happy." She whispered, putting a finger under my chin. And I'll be living with false hopes for a year.

"I don't understand- you're a billionaire already, why would you want the rest of it?" I can't help but ask. She sighs and looks into my eyes. "You wouldn't understand even when I tell you." She said. "Well, try me." I insisted. "No" she says. "Then I won't do it." I said confidently making her chuckle. She stood I front of me as I sat on the bed. She tucked a piece of my hair behind my ear and rub a finger against my jaw. "What do you wanna know?" She says, clearly don't like the idea. "Everything. If I'm marrying someone, I wanna know everything single thing about her. Important or not, don't you think?" I grin being a smart ass. "You surprise me." She mutters. "Says you" I smirked. She sat beside me on the bed and put her hand on my thigh. "Where do you want me to start?" She ask, my smile grew wider.

But it's odd, clearly she's not an open book. I looked at her in disbelief. "You mentioned you have siblings." I shrugged. She run her fingers through her hair. "Well you met one of them." She says and looked at me. I frown. "Who?" I bit my lip. "Taylor" As soon as I heard that name my heart sinks in my stomach. Taylor? As in the one that I-- Oh my god. No.

Shocked would be an understatement of what I truly felt

I gulped, "Taylor- your driver, T-Taylor?" I breathed. She nodded and after a few seconds she spoke again. "My father spent some decent time in London without my mom while the construction of his company began. He kept coming back. And there, had two children with his mistress, and one of them is Taylor." She explained while I'm trying to register everything in my head. That explains his British accent.

I couldn't help but notice the hurt in her voice. That's almost impossible.

"Oh" I muttered but it's still not clear to me. "Uh- Why is he working for you? If he's your brother. It makes no sense." ,she stare at the ceiling then on the floor. "My father insisted me to hire him, I guess that's one of his sneaky way of helping the rat." She grits, and a hint of anger forming in her face. "Does your mom know?" I dared to ask. She looked at me before speaking. "No." she said and faked a smile.

I appreciate how she dared to tell me that. I know she's far from that person. Her strong exterior clearly had a reason. And she has a good heart considering she's helping someone that she don't accept fully, well for me at least.

"Is there any questions left?" She said and raised her brows. "None, and- I'm sorry. I know that must be difficult for you to tell me. Sorry I had to ask." I said. She didn't say anything else. It gets quiet for a moment, and I'm trying to make a decision for such a short notice. I know I don't have any choice but If I'm doing it, I wanna make sure I'm okay with it. "Well, You're stubborn." She says.

I straddle her hips and put my arms on her shoulder. I stare into her deep dark eyes and let my lips brush against hers. "I am?" I whispered and peck her lips two times in a row. "Well I suggest get used to it since you'll be marrying me." I said with a grin. Maybe doing this is not the end of the world. Call me stupid, but I don't have much options, don't I?

A small smirk started to form on her lips. Her hand grips my hair and pull it back. I can feel her breath against my neck making me shiver. "So beautiful" she says and peck my skin. "And stubborn." She continues, "That a very bad combination." She says.

"And Jennifer?" She whispers, I bit my lip and mumbled. "Mhm?" , "Don't ever go through my things again" she added making my eyes widened. How did she know about that? Oh god, cameras. Fucking cameras. "You do realize that I have to bend you across my knees right now, don't you?" She hissed, making me smirk. "Gladly" I smirked.

Before I know it, we're on the bed having one of the best amazing sex ever. My poor skin is left with nail dents and hickies. It's like she's marking her territory by planting it all over my neck. It felt good. And there's another odd thing I'm feeling right now.

I'm happy.

-