5

Leah's POV

In the midst of talking to Mrs. Norris through phone call, a knock got my attention followed by my assistant, Elsie, peaking her head through the door, however she noticed that I'm currently busy and closed it back instead. "And how is she doing?" I asked, while signing a couple of paper works. "She's good, Hun. She refused to eat lunch though" she answered, "Alright, I'll call you back. Bring food to her room instead, please" I said, and hang up.

As soon as I did, I pressed my thumb against the telephone beside me, connecting to Elsie's. "You may come in" I said and wait for her. Not too long before I heard another knock, assuming it's her. "Excuse me, Ma'am. This is all the information I've got so far, hope this helps. I'll be surfing as much as I can" she handed me a white folder, "Alright. Thank you, I'll buzz you in when I need a follow up" With that, she left my office with me reading the files.

If you're wondering, I ran a background check to Jennifer which I normally wouldn't do but for some reasons I was so intrigued by her, I can't put my finger on it. It says here, her birthday and all the basic information. She has a sister who goes to school, and alcoholic mother. Hm, interesting. No wonder why she's eager to do everything. I know for a fact she's in need of money, but it also written here that she never done auction so this is her first time. Maybe that explains everything,

Out of the blue, another ring echoed around my office. I fish my phone somewhere in my desk and find out he's calling again.

"What do you want?" I hissed, "Well, good morning to you too, my friend" I rolled my eyes in annoyance. "Look, Dylan. I'm busy so I can't make it to our appointment today, maybe we can reschedule" I reasoned out, "Ah, I see. Here comes the believable alibi of Leah Remini. But I must say I'm impressed" It's been about two weeks since he's bothering my ass. "Listen,I don't know what you're talking about. This is a waste of time, I'm on a meeting right now so bye, Dylan-", "Oh really? I'm in the hall waiting for your secretary to buzz me in" Shit.

I hang up the phone call and pressed the buzz bottom connecting to Elsie's cubicle. "Let that bastard in" I heard her talking to him, and not a minute passed he's re entering my door in his black suit. His look never changed a bit, still the same; his neatly brushed up black hair, beard, and you can see his blue eyes through the Sunnies specs that he's wearing, his broad shoulders and tall figure makes girls gushed every time he's seen somewhere else.

I can't believe my parents forced me to marry him. You heard it right, it was a long story but in a nutshell, they've set up an arranged marriage,  but of course I won't let that happen. Evidently, my father got so mad at me for refusing, he didn't talk to me for months. However he got no choice, he was retiring that time so he had to pass me his legacy and that will only happen if he agreed to spot being control of my choices. Until now, I'm hoping that it'll hit him someday that I'm an adult making real life decisions.

The reason behind that fuss is because Dylan's dad is the owner of one of the successful business in Italy. If we got married, both companies will emerge together that will benefit both sides. So I guess you've figured out- yes he's Italian. That summarize why he looks so damn good.

If I'm straight there's no doubt I'll marry this man in a heartbeat, but I'm not.

I narrowed my eyes at him as he venture down behind my desk, his familiar grin forming on his lips as he got closer to me, leaning down and kissing my cheek. "You look good" he says causing me to roll my eyes at him. "What? No 'you look good' too?" he chuckled, flopping down on the couch on my office, staring at the window before returning his gaze to me. "Why are you here?" I grit through my teeth, pretending that I'm doing something on my computer. "You know damn well why I'm here. You keep forwarding my calls for about two weeks now" he said, I can see him roaming around my office with his hands in his pockets. "Dylan- we're done okay? Our silly sessions are done. I'm pretty well now, look." I said, "You're too good at lying, you know that?" He shakes his head. "I know what you did. You hired another slave from that auction again" Fuck. "What? You're insane, that's not true" I denied, "Stop bluffing, I've talked to Mrs. Norris" My blood boiled when a I hear him say that. "So what if I did? That's not any of your goddamn business" I grit, "Leah, you know you gotta stop. You were nearly there! And now-- look, I'm your psychologist for a reason and I'm not gonna tolerate another stupid move from you" I clenched my fist as the anger build up inside my head. "It's already bad that I  let my dad hired you when I don't need one so if you're gonna start discussing some goddamn bullshits again, you may leave my office." I heard him let out a deep sigh. "This isn't about your dad, I'm here because I'm trying to help you, I care about you Leah. At some point you've gotta stop pushing people who actually wants to be in your life" he said leaving me silent.