33

Jennifer's POV

I smiled in satisfaction as I looked at my reflecting through the mirror, straightening my white dress that has a low cut on the neck line. We landed at New York a few hours ago and we're going straight to the event before stopping by to see my mom and Emma tomorrow.

"Damn." Dylan muttered behind me, leaning on the door frame. "You look stunning." He smiled. I grin and walk closer to him, chuckling when I see how messed up his tie is. "You're a big man but look it." I teased, fixing it for him. "I was looking for you. You always do it better than me." He says. "There." I said and tap his chest. "My mother seems to love you more than I do. She can't stop talking about you." He chuckled. "She's so sweet. She keeps insisting to meet her mom, now that's something I'm not sure of." I laughed lowly.

"We can make that happen." He winks, taking my hand. "Let's go, the driver's waiting." He smiles. We got inside the car and within less than thirty minutes, we arrived at some five-star hotels. The place were exclusive, that's for sure. People in a suit and long dress were being dropped off at the grand entrance. I could see it through the windows.

Dylan briefly explained everything to me,p. This place is actually their property, and the grand opening is happening tonight. That explains the numerous people entering the event. It's crazy how they keep expanding what they already had, as if, it wasn't enough.

They indeed love making money.

We got out the limousine, as Dylan keep me close spotting the constant flashes of the cameras waiting at the entrance. We got through the crowd with the security's help. "You okay?" Dylan asks. "Yeah." I nodded, looking down only to see the trail of red carpet heading to the venue. Dylan suggested that we should stop by for pictures before going straight inside, so that's what we did. He gripped my waist, smiling as we let them capture numerous photos, but my gaze quickly drifted from the cameras sitting in front of me as soon as someone caught my eye.

It easily drive my attention because she was quite familiar to me.

But I had just to make sure, so my gaze followed her until it got really crowded.

And then I was sure.

If there's one thing I could not easily forget about Leah is the features of her face. I know every damn lines my fingertips traced every night.

Even though her hair was short and was facing side view from my place, I am damn sure it was her.

And I'm still staring until she left my sight.

You must think I'm crazy. Well, I think I'm insane. Because, I have pictured this moment inside my head many times. It's easy to catch yourself imagining how it's going to go the first time you run into each other. Will you talk to her? Or just walk past like you've never met?

The truth is, you never know. You just wish you're saying the right words.

"Babe, what's wrong?" Dylan whispered in my ear discreetly while keeping his eye on the cameras. "Oh, Nothing..Let's go?" I looked up at him but I could hear the press asking questions repeatedly as we talk, Dylan ignored him and we walk out.

"Don't leave me for more than two minutes, please." I said and tug on his suit. He chuckled, shaking his head. "I won't. But expect a lot of boring political talks for the rest of the evening." He says. "That I can deal with." I replied.

I really just don't want to see Leah without Dylan by my side. It's not sort of revenge, probably because I would rather Dylan do the talking, in case that happens.