18

Jennifer's POV

Few weeks after our 'honeymoon' there's been a quite change that I wasn't expecting. That week we spend together was the happiest moments I've been with her. Now, it's hard to believe at she's ignoring me again. I'd be the one who tries to initiate a conversation but she would snap at me, sometimes say completely nothing, ignoring my presence. I had to repeat it to myself that I shouldn't find this unusual, that's what she is. But why does it hurt me?

What changed?

Right now, she's working and I managed to convinced Maurice to pick me up. Of course she started asking questions like her usual self, I caved in and tell her what happened; the marriage and all complicated shit that she didn't took well at first. Who wouldn't?

"So you're telling me, you married your boss- I mean, the damn billionaire woman who bid you that night at the auction?" She huffed as we're strolling through the mall, helping her fit clothes. "I know! It's twisted, but it turns out the reason why the contract says its for a year is for- I don't know. It's money matters. I just agreed, it's not like it's real anyway" I sigh, sitting on the chair inside the fitting room. "You could just refused in the first place!" She said, rolling her eyes. "It's hard, and it wasn't because of the money." I look at her reflection in the mirror as she check herself, turning around. "Well, I can't blame you. She's a hottie and cha-Ching!" She exclaimed, mimicking a sound.

"She's ignoring me again." I sighed. "She's your wife. Boss her around!" She says. "Real helpful, Mau. Faster please? I just sneaked out, I wasn't supposed to be seeing anyone without her damn permission." She made a face. "I know it supposed to sound different but I find it really really sexy." She laughed, I shaked my head and kick her in the leg.

After shopping, It was already dark and my phone's dead. But It's around six in the evening so Leah's probably not home yet. I got inside the house, walked towards the stairs when I heard a deep voice.

Fuck.

"Where the fuck were you?" She hissed. I slowly turn around to face her and when I do, she's still on her work clothes with two buttons undone, giving me a nice access to her chest. Damn. "Out" I gulped, showing her my paper bag. I wasn't in the mood to argue, I'm just tired of getting this attitude and treatment from her.

"I know that. Where? You didn't ask for my-" I cut her off by letting a chuckle. "So now you care?" I sassed making her eyes darken. "Jennifer. Don't test me." She grits through her teeth, I can see her fist clenching.

I was testing her patience. I truly hate being ignored, I don't know why I'm acting like this but I can't help it. I want her.

"I had lunch with someone but don't worry it's a girl!" I smirked, her lips pursed into a straight line and before I know it I was being pushed against the wall. I dropped the bags on the floor and I can hear her heavy breathing on my neck. "You are testing my limits, Jennifer." She hissed lowly in my ear. "Wrong move." She continues. "Who were you with?" She says in a deep to tone. "My friend. Let go off me" I said, turning my head to side. "Who?" She repeated, "Maurice! It's Maurice, okay? Now please, get off. I'm hurting." I said but she won't budge.

She began planting harsh kisses on my neck and the last thing I know is me panting like a damn dog on the bed.

-------

The next morning, I woke up to an empty bed. I fought the urge to cry and get up, looking at my reflection at the mirror. These hickies are so bad. 98% of the time, the reason why I don't get to wear tank tops is because my neck looks the worst.

What I was expecting? I sighed secretly to myself. This is wrong, I trained myself not to care. To accept what it is. That this is never going anywhere. But I want more than this stupid contract, what I want is her. Why is that so hard?