15

Jennifer's POV

"Excuse me?" I scoffed, obviously surprised. My eyes fixated on her trying to read her but that's the thing about this woman, dangerously secretive. Mysterious. She sighed, rubbing her knuckles on her chin, walking around her desk. "What are you talking about? Wife?" I shot back, still frozen on where I'm standing. She just chuckled back at me.

"I'm here to offer you a deal, Jennifer." She said and sit back down on her chair while I looked down at her with the same reaction I have two minutes ago. "Deal?" I narrowed my eyes.

"Marry me" she says causing the water to spilled out of my mouth.

I coughed and wiped it using a tissue then looked at her.

"I'm gonna double the money I gave you." I furrowed my forehead even more. What the hell is this woman saying? "I-what?" Is all I managed to let out. I could her her tapping her fingernails against the glass table. I glance at her face, seeing a calm look plastered on her face. "I don't think you'd understand but I'm gonna discuss it to you anyway." She says. Of course I have the right to know, who the hell does think she is. Asking me to be her wife, isn't being her slave isn't enough?

"The one I had a meeting with an hour ago is my father's lawyer. He came to discuss a few things." She paused.

"My father made a deal with us- his children,  about the things we will inherit if one of us gets married first. I want it. I won't let my father's children from a mistress benefit from it. And I don't think there's much to say other than, marry me." I scrunch my face. This is ridiculous. I chuckled not believing what she's saying. "I-I..S-S-Sorry what? I s-still...d-don't get it." I said and sat down. She have siblings? "It's simple don't make it complicated for you. You're gonna marry me and it will last for a year. That's the reason in the first place why it's written in the contract that you will be my slave for a year. As soon as I get everything, I'll file a divorce right away. After all of this, everything will be back to normal. It's like you didn't even know me. "She said with a straight face, talking like it's not a big deal.

"So I'm your slave yet you're asking me to be your wife?" I said with a tone. I just couldn't understand why would she put herself into this. Not to mention she's accusing me of making it complicated, well it is!

This woman is full of mystery. You can't read her even if you try. The past few months, she asked me to be her slave. Last week, she asked me to be her girlfriend. And now her wife? And oh, scratch the work 'asked' because she didn't. She demanded. She likes things to work only in her way.

This isn't even about the money anymore. She wanted me in a way I couldn't give myself to her. Because I know, she's doing it for the money...and greed. She don't feel anything for me, I don't even know why I'm bothered when I am just her damn slave.

"Well, you are my property Jennifer. I can do everything that I want with you. Even if it takes to marry me."

This is not what I signed up for. She didn't discuss this from the beginning, if she did I probably have different thoughts about all this.

"That way, you're even more stuck with me." She grin playfully, taking a sip of her coffee. I'm being serious and she find this amusing. Great.

"You can't be serious" I muttered, trying to register everything inside my head. "Do I look someone who would pull jokes to you?" She asked causing me to look up, I said nothing because number 1, I'm still sinking everything that's happening, number 2, I'm annoyed and mad.

"Exactly" she growled. "You have siblings?" I asked, "That is none of your business." I chuckled. "It is my business. You can't just ask someone to marry you and keep things from her. " I said, clenching my fist under the table. I was so mad. I don't know why.