22

Jennifer's POV

Just as I finished straightening my hair, my phone beeped for the second time. Unplugging it from the socket, I grabbed my phone with me as I fumbled wearing my shoes. But as soon as I did, I stood there frozen. The color in my face drains out. I quickly delete the message and put my phone away, act like nothing happened. Although it really bothered me, a lot.

"Leah?" I called out once I heard the doors closing downstairs. I walk down the huge staircase and she watches me, with her signature sexy grin on her face. "You blew my mind every time." She said and pulled me closer by my waist. She kissed me deeply, rubbing her hand on my sides. I pull away and wipe my lip gloss that smudged over her lips. "Are you ready?" I asked, looking at her lips. "Of course, I am." She slightly smiled. "You good? Nervous?" I made a face causing her to chuckle. "Why would I be nervous? It's a dinner with your mom. Are you nervous?" She said shooting back the question at me. "No, I'm excited and happy. She just gets a little talkative..can you handle that?" I frown. "There's nothing I can't handle." She says confidently. I sighed and shake my head. "C'mon you said you find it annoying how I never stopped talking." I teased. "I see where you got it." She added.

I pouted and rolled my eyes off her. "Jennifer, it'll be fine okay? Please calm down." She says and put two fingers under my chin. She peck my lips two times in a row and rub my sides, I have to say. It helps.

Less than thirty minutes later we reached my mother's house. Taylor parked the car in front of it and we got down walk through the doorsteps. I grabbed Leah's hand and clasped it with mine. It's a bit cold, I glance at her quickly and see that she has an emotionless face, nothing new to that. But I could tell she's a bit nervous.

She's so cute.

"You okay?" I whispered before pushing the doorbell. "Of course." She reassured and put her hand on my lower back, leaving it there. Not a minute passed before I could hear fast footsteps towards the door. It soon opens and there's Emma with a huge smile on her face. "Jennifer!!" She yells and hugged my leg. "Baby!" I exclaimed and carried her on my hips. I grabbed Leah's hand and we step inside the house. I could see her eyeing everything.

She's very observant person so I wasn't really surprised. Our house is not so big. It's simple. As you can say, it's very much different from her mansion. She stood there like a lost kid.

"Emma, this is Leah. Can you say hi?" I said and pushed her tiny little hair away from her face. "Hi..Leah" she said and wave her hand before leaning into my ear. "Who is she, Jennifer?" She whispered. "She's my wife, Em." I said and she makes an unsure face but I know she knows what I'm talking about, she's just shocked. "Really?" She said and looks over Leah. "She's beautiful isn't she?...but don't tell mom, yet okay? She doesn't know still. It would be our little secret until dinner's over" I winked and she nodded, looking amusing at Leah.

"Leah, this is my sister, Emma." I said and put her down.

Leah looked at me like she's begging for my help. God, she doesn't even know how to be around with children. She's standing there frozen, eyeing me and Emma. "Hello...Emma" she said and smiled a little. It's no surprise that reaction from Leah either. She's not a softy person. She looks unsure to be here.

"Mija!" I heard a voice behind me. I turned around and my mom welcomed me with a hug. But once she saw Leah, she shoots me a questionable look. "Is this your boss who hired you to be her fake girlfriend?" My mom whispered enough for Leah to be heard. I gulped and look at Leah who's frowning at me.

Okay, I might have made a mistake about not telling the both of them the truth. My mom of course doesn't know the fact about how we actually met. But I'm not planning to go over that, it would be an uncomfortable topic. But what I'm not really sure is how I'm gonna explain things to my mom that I'm married. With a woman. With my boss.