16. aVOIDance

It had been two days since the shadowhunters had watched Pipers performance. Clary has assured each of them that piper was the best, they would find it amazing her talent. There was no doubt in it, Piper Fray was the best dancer.

When the first tear fell from the red heads cheek clary and Isabelle felt shocks of heartbreak. Clary began crying silently, holding onto Isabelle like a lifeboat.

"Clary, Isabelle, what's wrong?" Jace whispered.

"I-it's not me, twintuition." Clary explained.

"Parabatai." Isabelle clearifed through a quiet sob.

"Is Piper in pain?" Alec asked and the girls felt the trigger point, which was him.

Clary began to wipe her tears.

"Pipers heartbroken." Izzy whispered. "I know heartbreak, I've felt it but this. This is...this feels like I'm dying very slowly on the inside."

"Why?" Alec asked as they glanced to the stage where Piper sobbed getting standing ovations from the panel as the invisible shadow hunters ran to the stage.

Isabelle stabbed her brother as Clary pried the redhead from the stage. "Alec she's not heartbroken about her mother, I told her about the arranged marriage, this is about you." Isabelle glared daggers into him. "If I see you anywhere near Piper I swear to god I'll kill you myself."

There had been changes. Isabelle looked more like her mother, dressed like her and acted like her. Piper let herself wild, Maryse found herself talking to the girl. How strange that the lightwoods has all crafted the redhead into who she was now.

.Flashback.

Piper was sitting stoically on Isabelle's bed when Maryse walked in. The mother, though she was cold sometimes, knew that she needed to talk to the redhead.

"Piper, can I offer you some advice." The girl nodded and the woman sat beside her, tucking a hair behind her ear. "Heartbreak is what makes the strongest warriors, I don't know who the man is but I do know that you can adapt." The woman had no idea that her son had done this to her. "Sleep tight." She walked from the room.

Piper drug herself to her own room where nightmares woke her. "AL.." her scream died down. She didn't want to call him, although she didn't know any other name. "I'm alone." She would whisper and hide under her blanket.

.flashback over.

Now, as the red head blasted music with her red hair wild and curled into ringlets from sweat piper put every once of herself into fighting. In two days it was funny how she had become the best warrior, beating Hodge and Alec both.

She was fearless, she liked it, she didn't care if Maryse was carving her into her own little tool she did as she pleased. As she wore her high waisted black leggings with mesh cutouts and strapy sports bra Clary ran into the room.

"Luke's awake." She called and the redhead dropped her sword and followed her back to the residence of Magnus bane.

Sure enough he recited the very nightmares that Piper had dreamed of every time her eyelids closed. "We had a brother?" Piper asked holding the box in her hand.

"Johnathan Christopher." Luke nodded. "He died in a fire, that Clary's father started."

Piper glared slamming her hand down. "He will never be her father." Then she realized the box was gone.

Clary looked in surprise with her sister as piper held the once blank page up. The box was in the page, it looked exactly like....

"The tarot cards." Both said at once.

"Your a genius." Clary grinned hugging me.

"We know where Mom hid the cup." I announced to Magnus who lay on the couch and Luke who leaned on the wall.

Magnus stood up. "Come again?"

"The mortal cup, see I accidentally put this box into a piece of paper and that got me thinking."

"The tarot cards my mom painted for Dot." Clary spoke and I nodded.

"It looked like the real deal, I know that's where it was and if I can put something into paper." I slowly reached into the paper and removed the wooden box. "I can take something out."

"That's great bow we just have to get it." Alec grinned as I handed him the J.C. box and went behind Magnus's changing screen and put on normal clothes. Skinny jeans with tears and a cropped black sweatshirt and hightop red converse.

"Dot doesn't have The tarot cards." Luke spoke, wounds healed from werewolf healing and a shirt on. "I do, back at the office." Clary grinned, she was already wearing normal clothes and Jace still looked like a shadow hunter.

"Let's go get the goblet of Huffelpuff." I rubbed my hands together taking out my stele and drawing a glamour rune on my arm before walking with my twin to the car.

At the precinct, Luke told us to wait here. "So Piper, did you get you letter yet?" Clary asked me and I shook my head.

"No, not yet, I'm actually starting to get worried." I then glanced up. "Not as worried as he is." I pointed to Luke being led down a hallway by...

"State officials." Jace then pulled up a sleeve with a rune on it which I immediately copied onto my own arm. "Better than binoculars." I returned my ruby wand back into my back pocket, my hair was in a bun on my head.

As we walked to the interview room the man doing the questioning opened the door and the three of us slipped in. Luke raised a tissue and fake sneezed. "Camera."

Jace looked to the corner of the room and pulled the cord so that we could all talk. "What happened, why are you in here?" Clary asked looking around the room.

"I'm being investigated for homocides." Luke paused. "But The tarot cards are in the drawer in my desk."

I walked to the door ready to exit. "I assume there's other people here, so we should assume everyone can see us." I offered and Luke nodded.

I knew that we needed backup, which was the lightwoods including Alec...who was a lightwood. My plan of avoidance was leaving a blank space in my heart. A empty void of emotions