19. Meet the parents

IF YOU'RE COMING BACK TO READ THE PART I ADDED SCROLL DOWN TO WHERE YOU SEE THE SPILT> I MADE IT SO YOU WOULDN'T HAVE TO RE READ THE WHOLE CHAPTER:)

Alec, Isabelle and Piper had gone to tell everyone it was a false alarm and nothing had been spotted before their mother called them into the office.

"Okay, don't show my mother your special abilities because she won't like them, she's not much of a fan of different." Izzy whispered before the three walked into the room.

"Where's Jace?" Their father asked, before smiling at me. I praised myself that at least one of their parents liked me, Robert and I had a very nice chat about destructive children.

"I will be standing in for Jace Wayland". I sat between the lightwoods, Before Maryse nodded. Hey, at least she didn't hate me.

After the lecture on being good while someone from Idris watched over the institute Alec and I walked with max. I had decided to just be friends with Alec, staying away was too hard and having too many feelings was too hard.

"So I need you to be good while the persons here." Alec told his brother, they looked so diffrent, short and tall.

Max frowned, clearly not pleased. "If your good I'll get you your stele back, pinky promise." I spoke and max grinned.

The doors opened and Valentine walked in, although I spotted a ripple, that wasn't valentine. Alec yanked a arrow from my quiver and as he shot it I ran infront of the fake valentine and caught the arrow before it hit her. So much for not showing my powers.

The person waved a stele over a mark and a blonde woman frowned. "Why did you stop the arrow?" She asked me.

"Because I saw a rippled in the bottom left corner, this was a test. I figured it as soon as I heard that you were coming." I explained and she smiled.

"That reaction time was a dismal." She informed the shadowhunters in the hub who stopped, looking at her. "Except for you two, the red head in particular, she must be the smartest of you all." She smiled extending her hand to me. "I'm lydia brownwell."

Biting my tongue, I knew this was important, serious enough for my grown up side. "Piper.. just piper." I shook her hand. "I know red hair, rare in the shadowhunter world, minus the king and queen....may they Rest In Peace." I added quickly.

"Your diffeent I see, smarter and the best warrior." She complemented and from the look on Alec's face this woman didn't hand out complements.

"Thank you." I nodded.

"However your sister is a different story, where is Clary Fairchild?" She asked and Izzy stepped on my toe, while this woman was here I needed my best behavior, even if it meant not defending Clary.

"She's our in the field, Jace is training her." Alec stepped in for me and I gave him a light smile.

"She shouldn't be just running around, anyway, while I'm here I will temporarily be taking over this institute." Then she looked to Maryse and Robert. "And for my second I pick Penelope."

I choked on air, "Why me?" I asked and she turned back to me.

"Because your fresh water, you caught an arrow without blinking and figured out my test in under five seconds...unless you don't want to." She asked and Alec bumped my shoulder.

"Yes, Id be happy to." I agreed.

"Along with Alec Lightwood, since one day he will be running the institute." He nodded, looking at me carefully.