CHAPTER 32

note!: chapter ahead may be offensive to some readers. i was hesitating to put such plots in the story since ive truly never experience them, please do stop reading if you get offended. im really sorry, i just wanted to put something more realistic to try get a specific message across. i hope yall understand :)

I thought it was a given back then.

"I missed this so much." Jihoon's father inhaled the familiar scent of their very own home, bringing back sweet memories that he'd shortly forgotten.

"Do you want to rest for a bit?" His mother asked, holding on to Mr.Park's forearm. He nodded. She carefully guided him to their bedroom upstairs since it was hard to walk up with two crutches, Jihoon grinned at his parents, they warmed his heart.

His father was finally discharged from the hospital, although he's ninety percent okay, the doctor had ordered him not to move around so much since his leg is still fragile. He also needed to finish the pills for his leg that they've bought to make sure that everything will be fine.

The doctor had also said that it would be best for his father to not drive for a while.

"Mom, Dad, I'll head out a bit to get some food!" Jihoon called out to them before heading out, he was still in his uniform since he and his mother headed straight to the hospital.

Jihoon figured he should buy his father some of his favourite snacks and food as a gesture of welcome back.

*

"Where are we going?" Nari furrowed her brows as the boy ahead of her dragged her to somewhere, not saying a single word. He seemed pretty frustrated and looked like he would explode if Nari asked the same question one more time.

And she did.

Jinyoung turned around, huffing. He stared at her eyes for a good 5 seconds, "Tell me . ." The boy started off, his voice dull and cold as ever causing Nari's heart to race.

"Tell you wha-" "What's the reason, Nari?" He cut her off.

Jinyoung ran his fingers through his chocolate brown hair, "I want to know the reason why you can't return my feelings. I don't know about you but I can definitely tell there's something between us."

Nari stared at Jinyoung with pity, her hands shook. She was too nervous to even speak.

"J-jinyoung, I can't tell you yet-" "I've been dying of curiosity for the past few weeks! I gave you space Nari and I think it's about time to tell me. I don't want to be left hanging, I don't want to hope for something that's not going to come." He sighed.

"You don't know how hard it is opening up to someone and not knowing what their reaction is. Will they ever look at me the same? Will they still stay by my side? Those, those thoughts swim inside my mind, Jinyoung. I have lots of worries and thoughts . ." Nari ran her fingers through her hair, her hands trembling.

Jinyoung stepped closer to the girl, "That's why you open up to me. I'll understand whatever it is-" "You won't! I never chose to be born this way! I never chose to be born liking both freaking genders!" She bursted out, cutting him off in the midst of his sentence.

Nari quickly covered her mouth as she just realized what she had spilled, her tears pooling on the brim of her eyes. "Go ahead. Call me names like others did. You guys will never understand our situation anyway . ." She spoke, her blocked hands making her voice muffled.

The girl slowly stepped back, away from him. The silence was making her even more anxious, it made her want to hide herself from Jinyoung.

He probably thinks I'm a disgrace to the human race. She thought.

"Nari . ." Jinyoung stepped forward but soon halted as she spoke, "I'm used to it. Go ahead and call me names, Jinyoung. This is why I never wanted to tell you in the first place, you would be extremely shocked." Nari dryly chuckled, wiping her tears.

"I'm never going to do that, calling you names won't make me any much more in this world. I know it's hard to block all the hatred but that's how you can move on. Who cares if you're attracted to both genders? You never chose to be like that. Every single one of us might be different with how we feel but on the inside, we are all the same. What I'm trying to say is, no one should be any lesser than anyone because of a difference, ⏤heck I don't even think that's a difference⏤ there's no such thing as rules in this world where you can only like one gender so why should they hate you? They don't own this world. Look at the brighter side, there are people who treat everyone equally no matter what they are because they're still humans, there are still people like that in the world, just like me. And I'm one hundred percent sure that our friends will do the same."

He made his way towards her, pulling the sobbing girl in for a tight hug, showing his sincerity for what he just said. "My feelings for you will never change." Jinyoung whispered to her.

Nari smiled, she was so touched that someone actually accepted her as a whole other than her very own brother, not even her parents could do the same.

It was indeed painful.

*

Minji casually stared at the television before her, she decided to watch some television before doing light revisions for their exams next month. It somewhat helped her mind calm from all the stress stacking up.

She jumped a little as someone loudly knocked on to their door, "I'll get it!" Minji called out, jumping out of the leather sofa and towards the door.

It was her father. "Hey dad." She greeted before returning to her spot, it was still warm.

"I saw Jihoon at the store today. His hair looked okay on him." He spoke causing Minji to widen her eyes. I wonder if they talked. She thought.

+++

this girl right here almost passed out yesterday aha.

anyway hope yall enjoyed, my neck, shoulders and head hurt so much smh.