CHAPTER 59

I'm drawing out the familiar times with my hands

Exams were finally over.

The group had pretty much guessed they all did well in each and every exam, "How 'bout a post-exam celebration?" Jihoon turned to his friends as they walked out of the building, setting foot on the concrete.

His friends seem a little uninterested at first but as soon as he said "I'll pay for the food." They all nodded in agreement. "You earn money anyway." Nari chuckled.

They all walked in the cafe Jihoon worked at, Hyungseob greeting them from behind the counter as they walked towards him. "Order whatever you like, it's on me." Jihoon gestured his friends to start ordering whatever they like.

After a couple of minutes, the group had their own slices of cake and bevarage in front of them. "Hopefully I get good grades." Minji sighed after swallowing a piece of her lemon cake.

"Don't worry, I'm sure you will. I want you to make your father proud." Jihoon grinned whilst patting her back.

For the past week, Jihoon had been visiting Minji's house to help her study with specific subjects. Despite Mr. Kim's cold shoulder towards him, Jihoom still gave him full respect. Letting the girl's father know that he would revisit Minji again the next day.

After all, Mr. Kim was Jihoon's future father-in-law.

Minji mirrored his smile, somewhat calming her racing heart. "Thank you."

>>

"Hey! Where are we going?" Minji chuckled as Jihoon covered her eyes, leading her somewhere. All she could hear was the bustling streets of Seoul, the two had finished their little hang out with their friends, Jihoon decided they should have some alone time together.

"Shh. Just follow my steps, do you trust me?" He whispered, lightly pushing her along the footpath.

"I trust you." Minji replied. She let him drag her off to wherever they were going, they both stood out among the people with their vibrant yellow uniform.

"Okay, I'll uncover your eyes in 3 2 1!" Jihoon hastily removed his hands from her eyes, the bright light of the internal building slightly blinding Minji. She took in the place and immediately remembered it.

Minji furrowed her brows, "Why are we at Namsan Tower?" She looked at him only to be met by a smiley Jihoon.

"To visit our lock." He grabbed her hand and led her to the elevator, his wide smile never leaving his handsome face. Minji couldn't help but melt at what he's doing.

Both of them reached the certain part of the bridge where their lock is located. "Here it is." Jihoon bent down on one knee, reaching for the lock.

Minji bent down next to him, examining the unchanged lock. "Remember how I said this lock symbolises our undying love for eachother?" He spoke whilst caressing the lock with his thumb.

"Mhm." She hummed.

Jihoon turned his head to look at her, his golden brown eyes shining as the ray of sun reflected against it. "It became true." He smiled.

Minji mirrored his smile, "It did."

"Oh! I forgot. I'm pretty sure this needs to go back to it's owner." He dug inside his pocket and hastily took out something. Jihoon opened his palm and there rested the infamous rose necklace, shining so brightly.

Minji chuckled. "Here let my put it on you." Jihoon stood up, unclipping the necklace. Minji did the same and face her back on him, putting her hair in a make-shift ponytail.

His fingers grazing on to her neck sent chills down her spine.

"There." Jihoon whispered as he finished clasping it together. She turned around, smiling. "It looks beautiful, you look beautiful." He breathed out, looking at Minji with so much affection in his eyes.

The two found themselves eating at a nearby fast food chain.

"Hey, do you want to attend our last basketball game this Saturday?" Jihoon asked before taking a sip of his cola. "This Saturday?" She asked.

The boy nodded, "Are you free? I'm hoping you could come watch and cheer for us on our last game, it'll definitely end well for me since you're there."

Minji nodded, "Yeah, I'm always free. Where is it?"

"At school. It starts at 8.30 AM, make sure you come early so I can see you before the game . . y'know just need some motivation." He chuckled. Minji grinned at his little confession, she wasn't going to lie, it made her heart race.

"Of course." She replied.

>>

"Hey, I had fun today." Minji smiled whilst holding on to Jihoon's hand. The two stood in front of her house, bidding eachother goodbyes.

Jihoon smiled back, "That's good to know."

"I guess I'll see you at school tomorrow?" She asked slowly releasing his hand, Jihoon nodded. Before Minji could completely let go of his hand, he pulled her closer, wrapping an arm securely around her waist.

Jihoon placed a gently peck on her forehead and resting his against hers after.

The two stayed like that for a while, letting the silence engulf the both of them. It was peaceful, it felt like they were in their own world. Birds chirping, cars passing by and the cool wind blowing.

Jihoon pulled away, his eyes full of affection as he looked at her. Minji melted at Jihoon's stare, the way his eyes sparkled under the ray of sun. It was beautiful. "I'll see you tomorrow, bub." He smiled before completely letting go of her hand.

"I'll see you." Minji waved to him.

+++

oof, sorry for the late late update :( i just got back from a tiring hang out and i'm basically spent. anyway hope yall enjoyed and i can already see this book ending soon.