CHAPTER 33

I wanna hold you

I wanna hold you.

"O-oh, Mr.Kim. What a suprise to see you here." Jihoon's eyes widened but bowed at the elderly nonetheless. His heart raced, he suddenly remembered what Daniel told him, Minji and her father had a talk about him.

Minji's father warmly smiled, though he was disappointed at the boy, he still had respect for him. "Just dropping by to get some snacks." He chuckled.

"Y-yeah . . same here." Jihoon breathed out, his cheeks turning red of embarrassment. If he was this embarrassed in front of Minji's father then how is he going to face Minji one on one?

"I . . see that you dyed your hair." He pointed at the boy's hair, Jihoon nervously chuckled. Is he judging me? He thought. "Yeah . ." Jihoon nodded.

"Well, it was nice seeing you around, Jihoon." Mr.Kim gave the boy a hard pat on the shoulder before walking past him. Jihoon let out a breath of relief, it felt like he was suffocating.

"How am I supposed to face Minji if I can't even face her father properly?" He sighed, running his fingers through his vibrant hair.

~

"He seemed pretty flustered, his ears were visibly red." Minji's father chuckled. She imagined a flustered Jihoon, making her inwardly swoon. Flustered Jihoon was her favourite type of Jihoon.

Goodness, Minji! Get him out of your mind! She thought.

"Mhm . ." Minji mumbled, trying to seem uninterested as possible at the sudden topic but how could she do so when her heart was beating and her cheeks painted with crimson red? "I liked him for you. So disappointing that he had to do such things." Her father sighed.

She dryly chuckled, her eyes glued to the television.

*

"What happened to you!?" Youngjin, Nari's older brother panicked as he saw the sight he least wanted to see, she had red swollen eyes. ⏤from crying⏤ Nari chuckled which made him furrow his brows, he looked at her like she was crazy.

"I've done it." She smiled.

Youngjin mirrored her warm smile, immediately catching on to what it was. He pulled her in to a tight hug, seeing his little sister this happy made him happy. After all, all he wanted for her was pure happiness because that's what she deserves.

"Now, I need to meet him. Y'know, just some brotherly talk." He chuckled causing Nari to do the same.

"Don't scare him." She pulled away from his hug, still smiling. Her eyes shining brightly as ever as the rays of the sun pointed at it. Her brother playfully scoffed, "I wouldn't even dream about it. Just going to give him a big thanks for accepting who you are, ignorant people in this world need to learn from him."

"I have one more thing to do." Nari spoke.

Her brother caught on to the sentence and gave her shoulder a manly pat causing the girl to wince, "You can do it. I believe in you and your friends."

>>

"Ow⏤ why are we rushing for!?" Minji exclaimed, trying to get away from Nari's iron grip. "Shh! Just . . do as I say." Her friend replied making Minji quiet. She sighed and let herself get dragged by Nari.

"Woah⏤ what's with the reunion?" Minji asked, it was the very first time she had seen all of them together, in one place. No one was missing, no one was arguing. ⏤yet⏤ Daehwi shrugged, staring at Jihoon before focusing on Minji.

"Okay, you sit there." Nari guided Minji to her seat. "What? Why? I'm not sitting next to Jihoon!" She whisper-yelled at her, Nari took a deep breath. "He's your friend, isn't he?" Nari wasn't going to take anymore crap fro. Minji at the moment.

The situation obviously didn't help her, the more seconds passed, the more she became nervous. Nari wanted to get it done and over with.

"It's not like I want to sit next to you. Does it look like I have a choice?" Jihoon scoffed earning a hard nudge from Jinyoung. That was a lie, Jihoon would do anything and everything to be as close to Minji. He wanted her to be around.

"Jihoon." Daehwi glared at the boy.

Minji sighed and turned to him, "Okay? Does it look like I care? If you don't want to sit next to me then leave." He dryly chuckled, standing up. "Why don't you leave?"

She rolled her eyes, "Me? Leaving? That's something I don't do. Why don't you leave instead, after all, you've done it before." Minji smirked, throwing off Jihoon.

The boy's heart sank.

"Stop living in the past Min⏤" "Okay, stop! Stop arguing, you two! Enough! This friendship isn't just about the two of you okay!? So please, would you two sit back down and stop arguing? For me?" Nari bursted out, startling the two.

"She's right, guys . . just listen to what she's going to say." Jinyoung softly spoke. Minji looked at Jihoon one last time before harshly sitting down, the boy sighed but did the same, nonetheless.

Daehwi reached out for Minji's shoulder, giving it a soft pat whilst smiling. Minji returned the smile before giving her attention to Nari, who seemed really off.

"Sorry . . anyway, what were we here for? Why the sudden gather?" It wasn't like Minji didn't want their group to be together as a whole but it just seemed somewhat weird to her, seeing all of them in one place, together.

Ever since the break up, Jihoon slightly parted from the group and hung out with Daniel and his friends more whilst Minji got comfort from Woojin meaning the two were mostly stuck with each other, this left the three, Nari, Jinyoung and Daehwi to stick together since the two found their own ways to distract themselves.

It was indeed weird, despite the up-vibes of the Cafeteria, the air around them seemed to be thick and uncomfortable. It was too noticeable.

"Firstly, I miss seeing us like this and secondly, I have something to say . ." Nari started off.

>>

"I have something to say." Woojin blurted out, the boy seemed pretty distant, he would only stare at the hard concrete beneath him, probably counting the sparkles on it.

"Hm? What is it?" Minji turned to him, examining his facial features. School just finished and the two currently made their way to Minji's house, Woojin never took 'no' as an answer. It was like he needed to walk her home.

"Hear me out . . okay?" He finally met her eyes making him nervous as ever. Minji slightly nodded, smiling.

Woojin returned to staring at the concrete, "Lately . . I've been feeling really weird, like really weird. It's true, people say that you can never control you feelings and I do believe in that . . because it happened to me. No matter how much I tried telling myself to stray away, my feelings would deceive me. I fell in love with someone I'm not supposed to love."

"I fell in love with you, Minji."

+++

apple hair jihoon made a comeback ! :) it's so cute and the fact that he wore overalls and apple hair because the wannables requested it was cute, he deserves the world.

i hope daniel and ong are well, apparently danik has a high fever, severe coughing and felt dizziness whilst ong apparently was sad. hopefully ymc treats all of them better.