Chapter Twenty-Five

(Sky's POV)

When I awoke, my body felt heavy and it felt like I had been hit by a train going full speed. I winced as I sat up silently, casting a glance at Lucus to see that he was still asleep, and stood up on shaky legs as I made my way to the bathroom. When I got there, I peeked in the mirror to see that I didn't hallucinate last night; that Father really did get rid of my wounds. But...why did it still hurt?

I frowned and rubbed at my ribs, which still felt like were broken with how painful it felt. I sighed, stepping out of the bathroom, and yelped when I bumped into Allen, who blinked at me before stepping back.

"My apologies," he said, frowning, "I didn't see you there."

I blushed sheepishly and rubbed the back of my neck, my eyes falling to the floor. "Ah, it's alright. No need to apologize." I replied to him, watching him nod before he went into the bathroom.

I started walking back to Lucus' room when a sudden thought crossed my mind. Didn't Allen have his own bathroom attached to his room? Why would he need to use mine if he had his own? I stopped in the middle of the hallway, looking back at the bathroom door wearily. Maybe Katelynn was using theirs? I furrowed my eyebrows, shrugging before I walked back to Lucus' room, seeing the boy sitting up and rubbing at his back.

He looked at me with those blue orbs, wincing when his hand rested against the small of his back. "Dude, the hell I do yesterday? I feel like I've been hit by a bulldozer."

I gulped my eyes darting to the side as I nibbled the inside of my cheek. So I was right...he didn't remember what happened last night. That was good, I'd hate to see him try to go after that demon...Lycan. I subconsciously rubbed my cheek where the demon's blade had been, then looked back up to see Lucus walk over to me.

"You ok?" He asked. "You look pale."

I blinked and bit my bottom lip, drawing in the pale pink flesh in thought. What should I tell him? That we were attacked? He'd probably ask how we got away, if I told him that. Not to mention, Father healed our injuries, so there was no proof that we were attacked. So what should I tell him, then? I wasn't very good at lying, and thanks to my vow, I couldn't lie. I promised myself that I wouldn't be a liar...so what do I tell him?

"Ah shit...did we get drunk? I don't remember drinking." Lucus muttered, making me blink out of my thoughts.

"No...um...we never consumed alcohol." I replied, watching as Lucus cast me a curious glance.

He walked over to the couch and sat down, drawing one long leg over the other while twirling his dyed hair around his pointer finger. "Then what the hell did we do? Did Anabell beat the shit out of me? Again?"

I slowly shook my head and took a seat next to him, folding my left leg underneath myself as I pulled my long hair over my shoulder. "Again? She's beat you up before?"

Lucus glanced at me and nodded, a smirk on his pink lips. "Yea. And boy was she terrifying. I should warn you so you don't piss her off, since I'm that awesome and all. She doesn't like dick jokes. I don't know why, I mean, they're funny as hell." He mused.

Dick jokes? Ok...ew. Why would he say dick jokes to her? That was quite rude, especially since she was a lady. I rolled my eyes and peered over to the clock, seeing that it was nearing noon. Which meant that I had to do my chores, even though my body protested my every move. I tucked my bangs behind my ear and stood up, wincing when my back screamed in pain. My face pinched up and I placed a delicate hand on my lower back, my breath coming out shakily as I bit my bottom lip to lessen the pain.

Lucus immediately sensed my distress and jumped up from the couch then over to me, his arms raised as if he were hesitant to touch me. "You ok, Sky?"