Chapter 8

Lizzy kept running,not even bothering to go back for her winter jacket.She climbed up flights of stairs into an abandoned corridor.She sunk down to the cold floor,burying her face in her arms and knees,sobbing softly.It kept replaying in her mind.The voice filled up her mind as she scratched at her ears,begging for it to go away.

She lifted her face from her hands he eyes red and puffy and tears stained her cheeks.She looked beyond horrible.But that didn't matter to Lizzy.It never did.She opened up her palm and lit a fire,warmth coursing through her petite body as she exhaled a cold breath.She extinguished the fire and looked around her.

The corridor seemed to be pretty much abandoned.Spider webs had decorated every corner along with doors that had come off its hinges.She stepped inside a classroom,no table or chair in sight.Just an old and grim looking classroom.She quickly stepped out of the classroom and back into the cold corridor.

She stared at the walls of the corridors and giving her hands a swish.The stone seemed to pull out of the walls as the wall slowly pulled itself apart,flying in mid-air.Lizzy smiled as she swished her hand,the stone forming different shapes.She stopped abruptly as she heard shuffling further down the hall.

She swished her hand again,the stone forming back into the wall it once was.She turned towards the source of the shuffling and creeped down the hall."Lizzy."Remus called.She stepped out into the light,face to face with Remus Lupin.He heaved a sigh of relief as he engulfed his friend in a hug.

"I'm sorry."she whispered,Remus nodding.He pulled away from the hug and led her into the Gryffindor common room.

"What happened?One moment you were trying to pull your hair out and the next moment you ran out of the class."Remus said,eyeing the blonde haired girl."Josh was worried about you,you know."Remus continued.She shook her head."I heard him.I heard a hissing sound.Like a snake."she paused,biting her lip."I heard him,Remus.I heard Voldemort."she whispered.

Her friend's eyes widened."He wants me,Remus.He wants me to work for the dark side.For power."she choked.Remus looked at her sympathetically,giving her another hug.

"Shhh.Its going to be alright,Liz.We won't let him take you."he whispered,comfortingly to the sobbing Lizzy.She nodded."Thank you,Remus."she said,resting her head on his shoulders as he rubbed her back comfortingly."What are friends for?"he chuckled.

The chimes of the school bell were heard and students and teachers started filling up the corridors for break.The Gryffindor common room door swung open to reveal 4 boys breathing heavily.They stepped into the common room and ran at Lizzy to give her a hug.She giggled."I'm sorry,guys.I just felt sick so I went into the infirmary."she lied.

The boys nodded,happy to see her doing fine.But,Josh eyed her suspiciously but shrugged it off.

After their last period of the day was over,they made their way to the great hall for dinner.Lizzy looked around in hopes of finding the red head of their dorm.But,Lily was not in sight.She glanced towards the door but,a hand turned her face.

"I believe your looking for me,sweetheart."Sirius cooed.Lizzy rolled her eyes and scoffed."In your dreams,Black."Sirius winced at bus last name.Lizzy's eyes widened."I'm sorry,Sirius.I didn't mean to call you Black."she apologized,looking down at the floor,the others in their group just watching on with interest.

Sirius shook his head."Its nothing."he said,laughing dryly.Lizzy sighed and sat down,grabbing grape juice with a turkey leg and a couple treacle tarts.Regret filling her up to the top.

Lizzy looked out of the big stained glass windows in the great hall.The moon was rising and tonight was another full moon.About a whole month since she'd met her brother.She guessed he'd be in the shrieking shack.She looked at he group of friends,realizing Remus was absent at his usual seat on the table.

She raised an eyebrow,looking at the boys whom were busy eating.Now that she noticed,it seemed peculiar that he was absent at dinner during the full moon now was it.

"Where in the name of Merlin is Remus?"she asked.The boys' eyes widened,pausing what they were doing.They looked at each other,color draining from their face.She looked at them suspiciously."Is there something you're not telling me?"she asked,an eyebrow raised as she took a sip of her grape juice.

Peter was the first to speak."Yes...Remus is in the shrieking shack!"Lizzy's eyes widened as she nearly choked on her drink.She covered her mouth."Excuse me?"she asked."He's in the shrieking shack...?"James said slowly.Lizzy stood up."Excuse me.I have to go."she said before excusing herself and running in the direction of the courtyard.

She pushed the doors open and leapt up into the air,turning into a falcon.She flew up into the cold night air towards the shack.Growls and grunts were heard.Lizzy hovered near the window,catching a glimpse of a werewolf.She wasn't sure if it was Josh or Remus but,she was sure both were having a painfully hard time.

Lizzy had given Josh moonbane potion the month previous and so he was able to attend school feeling energetic the next day.But,this time,Lizzy was short on ingredients,taking note to bring more after winter break and doubling it for Remus' sake.She wasn't a werewolf but,according to her brother,it was excruciatingly painful.And to think that another person she knew was going through what her twin was going through was just too much for Lizzy.

But,thinking back into the past on the day Josh got bitten,they were playing in the park when the werewolf bit him.His writhing on the ground made Lizzy cry hysterically.She could have prevented it.She could have prevented Josh from getting bitten.It was her job as the older twin.But,instead,she stood there,cowering in fear.She could have saved him if she had control over her powers.

A lone tear fell down her cheek and into the snow below.She flew up to the roof and went down the chimney into the old,broken shack.She flew down the corridor and just dodged a flying piece of wood.She turned to her right and spotted a darker werewolf.She chirped disapprovingly and continued down the hall.

She stopped before a door that was closed.She chirped angrily as she went back down the hall with the other werewolf that had thrown the piece of wood that nearly hit her fragile wing.

It was sure to already be late at night and everyone had retired to their dorms for the moon was at its peak.She decided to stay as she perched on the shelf above the chimney,watching as the dark werewolf destroyed the black velvet sofa.