Chapter 27

Lizzy and Sirius sat cuddled on the couch with a red and gold blanket over them as the fire flickered in the fireplace,dancing to the movements of Lizzy's fingers.The fire swayed and turned different colors with Lizzy waving her hands around in the air.Sirius watched the flames and then watched Lizzy as she toyed with the flames.The fire from the fireplace was the only thing that lit up the room.It was comfy in a way and it also provided warmth in the cold winter night that caused the temperature to drop to a negative.It did however,cast eerie shadows on the walls.She waved her other hand as a stream of water made its way from the kitchen and formed a orb in the air.She then caused a fireball to appear in her hand and made it go into the orb of water.Making it seem like lighting fire in water was possible.

Lizzy had been thinking of many things.Given she did have huge amounts of time on her hands,seeing she was trapped in her very own summer house.But,she had been contemplating on whether she should just...run.She had brought enough harm and grief to her friends.So,was it right to stay hidden and safe?She really wanted to run.She's dragged them deep enough into her problems.Why drag them deeper?

A crack sounded from the kitchen and Lizzy hastily dropped the orb of water onto the plush carpet,soaking it and splattering water into the fireplace.Sirius reached for his wand as did Lizzy as they cautiously made their way to the dining room where Remus sat.Sirius held his wand to Remus' throat.

"What year did Lizzy and I get engaged and where?"Sirius hissed,his wand pressing at Remus' throat.

"7th year.In the third floor corridor."Remus whispered.

Sirius and Lizzy lowered their wands and placed them in their pockets.They knew only Remus-and the exception of Dumbledore-knew of where they lived.Yet,they had to take safety precautions just to be safe.For they may never know if word of where they lived got out.And everyone knew fairly well that Voldemort and his death eaters were constantly on Lizzy's tail.

"Sorry."Sirius mumbled,offering a hand to Remus as he pulled Remus up.

"Its quite alright.Safety precautions.I understand."Remus said.Lizzy smiled softly and gave Remus a hug.

"How've you been,Lizzy,Sirius?"Remus asked.His eyes showed Kindness,love.But most of all,Pity.He pitied them beyond what words could explain.

He pitied them because they couldn't get out of the house without attracting attention or danger to themselves.And that's what limited them from seeing he sunlight.The beautiful places they could go.Prevented them from shopping.Or even going in dates.

Lizzy smiled softly but her eyes told a different story.They held longing for hanging out with friends and family.She longed to walk under the sun and smile as though nothing was wrong.She longed for the joy of freedom.But,Dumbledore prevented them from doing so,insisting that she was the key to ensuring peace was maintained amongst the other magical beings.

But was there really peace?Or was it but a mere excuse to ensure them of their safety as well as the safety of her friends and family.But who was to say it was safe as long as he was alive?Whose to say he wouldn't murder innocent people in order to lire her out?Who was to stop him from hurting her friends and family?

But no,Lizzy chose to stay in the safety of their house while her friends were obvious targets.They were supposed to be in hiding.Not her.She would rather she be taken then risk their safety.

But Lizzy continued smiling.

"We're doing just fine."She said.Sirius smiled sadly and snaked an arm around her waist.How long could they keep up the lie?They wanted oh so much to finally be able to get out of this situation.

Remus' hand found its way to his hair as he tousled his hair as he sighed.

"I know you want to go out.But this is for your safety-"Remus started,getting cut off by Lizzy immediately.

"No.Nothing here is ensuring my safety as much as it is ensuring yours.How are you even able to smile knowing that while I'm in hiding you are in potential danger?How dare you say Its for My safety!I am not scared of him.He can come to this house for all I care.You of all people along with Lily and James should be hiding.Aren't you scared of what may happen?Just because your aquatinted with me?"She hissed.But,her voice dropped to a whisper.

"I am.Believe me,Lizzy.But I would rather die happily knowing I managed to save you and Sirius.And quite possibly,a possibility of a future generation."He said,glancing at her rather flat stomach.She covered her stomach with her arms,wrapping them around herself.

"Do you though?Do you think that risking your life is worth it?For me?Am I even worth saving?Think about it.All I've ever brought upon all of you has been trouble and dangers.What could possibly be worth saving me for?"She mumbled.

And for the first time,Sirius spoke,wrapping his arms around her tighter and brought her closer to him.

"Your worth saving,Lizzy.I would know.

"You guys have such a bright future ahead of you.And being friends or even in a relationship with me makes it impossible.I've dragged you guys through this monstrosity enough.I can't just sit here and wait for everything to be settled by the Ministry."

Before Remus or Sirius could speak,she ran out of the house and out of the protective field that somewhat protected them from the dangers of Voldemort.

"Lizzy!"Sirius shouted,running after his wife.

"Stay away Sirius.I've put all of you in enough harm.I've had enough of this.I can't just sit there idling and staring blankly.I have to fix this."She said.She took off her wedding ring and her engagement ring with tears in her eyes as she placed them gently onto the floor of the road.She couldn't stand hurting them any longer.Taking off the rings felt wrong.And it left a ghostly feeling on her skin.It also made her feel empty.But,she reminded herself she was doing this for their protection.To keep them safe.

She was doing this for them.

"Even if it means surrendering to him."She whispered.But,even though she intended for them to not hear it,it was clearly heard as their eyes widened as they chased after her,a second too late as she apparated directly into his lair.

------

A crack that sounded made all heads turned to the blonde that stood there with tear streaked cheeks and bloodshot eyes.She was determined to end him.Or...They could end her.Then and there.She had ruined her life enough.It was either kill Him.Or they kill her.

Wands of the death eaters raised and pointed at her.The tips illuminating in different colors.Red.Green.Orange.Blue.She smiled sadly at the green lit wands.She knew which spell illuminated the wand that particular shade of green.And that,was the killing curse.She rubbed her finger where the rings once sat.Housed upon her ring finger.

She raised her head and eyes wondered around.She saw amongst his ranks many familiar faces.Severus Snape.Lucious Malfoy.Bellatrix Black.Regulus Black.It didn't surprise her.Yet,she couldn't help but let a tear slip as her anger boiled.Her mother stood with her wand raised,her wand tip illuminated a sickly dark green of the killing curse.

She slowly took out her wand and raised it.In her other hand,a white fireball formed.She'd discovered this fireball was particularly deadly,for it was an everlasting flame.One that gave off a particularly sweet scent.But,it was still deadly.You couldn't put the flame out unless you were Lizzy.She made this flame.And only she knew how to put it out.A tedious process,yes.But,she wouldn't dream of putting this flame out.Not when she had a chance of killing them all.

She had a name for this flame.It was deadly.Everlasting.And as hot as lava.She only had one word to describe the flame all in all.

This spark could change everything.For better or for worse.

Everblaze.