Epilogue

The days passed and the twins alongside Allison grew and just as the months passed, the year passed as well.

And on the eve of a cold night, Word of the potters' death spread around both the muggle and wizarding community like wildfire and within the span of a day, the whole Wizarding community had heard of it as did the muggles of Britain.

Petunia buried her face in her hands upon locking herself in the toilet, she was no exception to the news. And despite having hatred for her and her magical family, she was still her sister nonetheless. And to hear of her sister's death with her last words being I hate you, she felt guilty knowing her sister died thinking she hated her. This broke her heart. She wanted to say she lived her and that she was sorry.

But, it was too late and there was no turning back time.

"I'm sorry,Lily." she mumbled, tears falling endlessly.

"I'm so sorry..." she sobbed, choking on her saliva.

———

Lizzy sat on the couch having put Allison to sleep, Sirius paced the living room, raking his hands through his dark locks.

"What are we going to do, Liz?"Sirius asked her softly as he looked at Allison that lau cradled in his beloved's arms.

Looking up from her baby, Lizzy smiled softly, shaking her head and shrugging her shoulders.

"I don't... I don't know,  Sirius," she whispered, "I don't know."

She bit her lip, biting back the tears that were threatening to fall. Her best friend was dead and the twins... who was to take care of the twins? She was hoping that it wouldn't be Lily's sister.

She'd met Lily's sister once. It was the Christmas of fifth year. And Petunia had been anything but harsh to her sister. Lizzy was sure it was the jealousy. It was the jealousy that her sister was more successful than she was. That her sister was seen as the golden child. That her sister was special. So much more special than she ever was. Than she ever could be. Because her sister was magical. And she was just plain, boring, magicless Petunia.

The child that her parents neglected. And so, the harsh words that she'd carelessly throw at her sister was the built up hatred. The built up jealousy that she'd let her soul embrace. The kind of jealousy that decided her actions and words. No matter how hurtful.

"They can't go to Petunia. They just can't- Where are you going?" She asked, her eyes trailing her husband as he took his wand from the dining table.

"Sirius, where are you going?" She said, watching as he refused to reply, instead taking his coat from the coat racks and hastily made his way to the door.

Placing Allison on the crib in the corner of the living room, she threw her hand out, slamming the door before Sirius.

"Lizzy! You have to let me out of here now!"

Lizzy shook her head, walking slowly towards her husband. Placing a hand on his shoulder, she looked into his eyes, hoping that what she thought he was about to do wasn't what was going through his head.

She felt her eyes burn, the unmistakable feeling of tears welling up in her eyes. The unmistakable signs of heartbreak.

"You- you can't, Sirius. You can't go after him. You can't go after Pettigrew. I won't... you can't Sirius, please. He isn't worth going to Azkaban for. You can't leave Harry and Emily alone. You can't leave me and Allison alone. You can't leave us alone. Please Sirius... I need you." She whispered, voice cracking with desperation.

She couldn't lose him. Not when she was slowly losing everyone. She'd lost her parents. She'd lost her best friends. What more lose her husband? Her lover? Her soulmate?