Saikou and Aishi

Saikou Residence Saturday Morining.

Ichirou was sitting in his office checking the reports for the sales of their new products when his phone rang. Without really any interest he picked up and spoke in a cold, robotic-like tone.

" Hello?"

" .... Leave her alone...."

" Huh? Who is-"

" Leave my daughter alone, Ichirou. All of you should... if you value your heads." The female replied, her tone cold and threatening, Ichirou realized who she was because of that... he had heard that tone before after all.

" Ryoba, it's been a while. I never thought you would call me." He said, unable to hold a small smile.

" And I didn't plan to. However when I learnt that your son is trying to court my daughter, I had no other choice."

" I guess history repeats itself. Do you remember when I confessed? You turned me down with a smile."

" And you held a gun on my head the following morning. You had discovered everything and you threatened to kill me unless I obeyed you."  

" And somehow you managed to beat me."

" Because unlike me, you don't want to be a monster. If you had pulled the trigger no matter the reason, you would have been the same, a monster just like me."

Her tone was cheerfull but the memories it brought weren't... he wanted that smile to be truthfull, he wished for that tone to be loving... but instead it sounded mocking.

" Ryoba you're not a monster, you're just sick." He said softly as he desperately tried to keep the memory of the once cold, smilling schoolgirl in his mind as misunderstood and noble.

" If love is a sickness then I don't want to ever find the cure." She chuckled and suddenly a voice called her from the distance.

A voice Ichirou knew and hated.

"Is that... him? Jokichi is with you?"

"Of course! My darling is always with me, I have to hung up now... or maybe I shouldn't, I would love to see him get a bit jealous." She giggled at the thought of her husband becoming possessive.

" Ryoba.... I want to tell you something." He said, his voice gentle and his mind calm and relaxed.

"Eh~ What?"

" I am still in love with you, Ryoba Aishi."

" Huh? I think you are loosing your mind Ichirou chan, I am already married with the man I love and I even have a lovely daughter with him. There is no place for you in my heart. There never was and never will be."  Ryoba said sweetly, the emphasis on the last two senteces showing clearly that she did not care wether these words would crush his heart. 

Suddenly the door of the office was gently pushed and Megamo came in.

" Father,  she's here." He said, a small smile appearing on his face. He didn't have to think who he was talking about.

 It was already obvious.

" Well, Ryoba, I must end this call now. Your daughter is waiting for me."

" Remember well Ichirou Saikou, you didn't pull the trigger then, however I will have no problem pulling it if you do ANYTHING to my child." Ryoba said before closing her phone. Ichirou, left a sigh before standing up.

 "Father, you said Ryoba, was the Ryoba on the phone...."

"It was Ayano's mother. She warned me that if I harm her daughter she will kill me." He said and Megamo knew that just like Ayano, her mother wasn't joking when she said that she would kill someone if they did something against her wishes. 

They then went downstairs, with Saisho joining them. There they saw the young girl looking around with a blank expression. 

" Mom would find a good hiding spot for her victims if she lived here." The girl whispered though the men heard it. 

They frowned at her comment, of all the things she could think of she had to say that one.

"Welcome, Ayano. I'm glad to see you." Ichirou said and gave the girl a warm hug. Despite his pain and sorrow, he truly cared about the girl the same way a father would about his own child. Ayano didn't say anything but returned the hug for a mere second before pulling herself away. 

She seemed the same in the outside but inside her mind she was terrified of what could happen. She was alone in enemy territory and without weapons... security was extremely strict after all.

" Thank you for inviting me." She said modestly and after that she handed a small box with desserts she got along the way. 

Megamo ordered a maid to take them and serve them with some tea in the guest room. The four of them sat and chatted for a while.

 Megamo, learnt a lot about the incident with Ayano getting lost and also he, along with his father and grandfather, learnt a few things about how the Aishi family worked.

 For starters the males were watched twenty four hours daily but from what Ayano described they always had a good time, even if she claimed to be emotionless she still admited that she had a good time with her family. They also discovered how loyal each member of the family was to both their lovers and their family in general.

" You don't sound all that different from other families." Megamo noted, though Ayano hadn't mention that every time a female, who did not belong to the family, tried to get close to one of the males she was killed on the spot or was lured in and was used as an example to the younger members to show them what they had to in case someone wanted to steal their special one. 

She also didn't mentioned how Ryoba only allowed group hugs back home, meaning that Ayano could never hug her father unless her mother said it was a hug for all three of them. 

" I suppose so. What exactly did you think we were?" Ayano asked him blankly. He thought something like the family of a demon lord and a serial killer mixed. 

" Nothing in particular." He said, he knew it was stupid to have such ridiculous fantasies. 

"By the way Ayano, the last time we saw each other you said you still have that stuffed bunny I bought you, right?" Ichirou asked and Saisho smiled at her, his usual grim expression was gone as he watched the young girl nod, never losing her composure or changing her expression.

" Yeah. You could say I considered the color pleasant." Ayano said refusing to admit that she actually thought of it as cute.

" Would you like something else? Another bunny perhaps to match your friend." He asked and Ayano felt that there was a small hint and cleared her throat. All three noticed the small blush on her face but did not comment on it.

" I don't think I am in the age to play with stuffed animals anymore." She said and Megamo smirked... how could he not adore her? She looked so mature and composed... but turned cute and shy in the blink of an eye.

"Then how about a dress, one you will wear for the Akademi High foundation ball." Saisho said and the other two seemed to agree with the idea.

"No, it's okay. I'm fine, my grandmother has already dealt with the issue." She replied, Saisho smirked, of course they were ready. They were always ready.

" Then what do you want?" He asked and Ayano didn't like it that they were willing to buy her something.

" I am content with the things I have. Therefore I have no need for anything." She said and they seemed to understand. She took a quick glance at the clock before telling them that she was going home.

 As she walked out she failed to notice how pleased Megamo, his father and granfather seemed.

Clearly... this wasn't a simple visit... where Ichirou wanted to see if she was okay, Megamo wanted to learn more about her and Saisho wanted to see the new Aishi generation.

And all three of them were pleased with what they got.