Kizano ending

Ayano stared wide eyed as the leader of the drama club stood with an enormous bouquet of red roses in his arms, Ayano didn't know what to think of it.

"Kizano?"

"My darling Juliet, I decided that I should give you my confession before that simpleton comes. Please accept this as proof of my undying love for you!" He proclaimed and handed over the bouquet, Ayano took it and she felt flattered from his gesture, Kizano would occasionally give her roses, well when he wasn't arguing with Osano and Nemesis or even with Aso sometimes. 

She had simply thought that this was simply a friendly act, same as how her cousines shared their things with her. 

She hadn't been in his club at all and so she didn't know what the leader was like with his fellow club members... from what she once heard he was strict and always found roles that somehow matched the club members, him always taking the leading role, of course.

But Ayano had seen further than that and in all honestly, she wasn't really taking the words of others seriously. 

Ayano knew that Kizano wasn't as bad as people thought, he was considerate and pressured himself a lot in order to see results. He was a hardworker and loved to show his abilities but he did care for others, he sometimes seemed like a big brother who she could rely on... so why was she so suddenly not seeing him like that?  

She pondered that question for a short while.

There were times he was kind and there was times he was strict with her. Still... she felt that this had been because he was looking out for her. He never tolerated bullies and refused to so much as breath the same air with a bully, especially if she was the bully's target.

She thought back at those moments, realizing that where Taro had chosen books over her, Kizano would never put her in second place.

Not now, not ever.

"Thank you... senpai." She clamly replied as she looked at him with a small smile, to many people it wouldn't mean anything but for Ayano who rarely showed any sign of feelings... it meant that she chose. 

Suddenly they saw Taro coming up.

" Ayano... Kizano? What are you doing here?" He asked and Ayano panicked... what was she going to do? She- 

"Taro I..." 

Before she could think of an excuse, Kizano stepped forward, covering the girl behind him and faced Taro directly.

"Me and Ayano know of your love for books and recently I have been thinking of performing a play based on a historical novel, Ayano told me that you would be the best to advise me on books... and I only listen to the best." He anounced and looked back at Ayano before giving a wink. Ayano's face became calm and relaxed at that. Kizano was indeed a really good actor.

"You want me to advise you?" 

"Ayano said there's no one better than you when it comes down to this matter. And I trust her judgement."

"Is that true Ayano?"

"It is..."

"Wow! You're such a cool friend Ayano, I doubt anyone would be as caring as you." He said and that hit her hard... was that all she was ever going to be? A friend?

 Ayano's heart broke in two but somehow... it didn't feel all that bad. She looked at Kizano who placed his hand on her shoulder, which caused her to smile. 

Perhaps Kizano was the reason her pain wasn't as bad as she imagined. 

She, Kizano and Taro began heading down the hill, Ayano looked at her bouquet with a tender, loving gaze and immediately decided to take action. As her attention returned to Kizano she suddenly kissed his left cheek. Shocked by her actions Kizano stopped but Ayano walked faster, a small blush appearing on her face.