20 - Younghoon

1.4.18 (revised and edited 1.15.18)
genre: romance, comedy, angst
YOUNGHOON - (><)
length: 1 part
P.O.V: 1st & reader insert
~~~~

"Let's ditch school!" Younghoon suggested excitedly like a small child, bouncing up and down in his seat during lunch

"Let's ditch school!" Younghoon suggested excitedly like a small child, bouncing up and down in his seat during lunch. "Now?!" I glanced around suspiciously. "Lower your voice. The teachers might hear us," I hissed to him through clenched teeth. "Okay, okay," his volume dropped significantly. "But can't we ditch today? It's been so long since we last ditched school. Hasn't it been one year?" He pouted, displaying a series of aegyo to try and convince me. "And last time we got caught by the teacher and given a ton of demerit points! We also had to do volunteer work outside in hot weather. You like that?" I raised my hand to slap him. He flinched and grinned, raising his own hands to defend himself. "I know, I know, but I'll make sure to get out safely this time!" He promised.

"You sure?" I raised an eyebrow and lowered my hand with a frown of deep thought. "But I can't get anymore demerit points... My parents are really going to murder me this time," I sighed. "It's fine, Y/N! I'll make sure nothing happens to you," Younghoon smiled, which made my heart flutter. "So, where should we go to?" He twirled a strand of my hair around his index finger. I rolled my eyes and slapped his hand harshly. "Ow!" He yanked his hand away from my hair, causing that individual hair to get ripped out. "YAH!" I screeched, kicking him in the legs as hard as I could. I looked up to check for his reaction, and it was hilarious. I began laughing hysterically at his screwed up face of pain.

"Ok, ok. We'll go wherever this princess wants to go," Younghoon forced a pained smile. "Thank you," I pretended to curtsy. "Princess, my a$$," I overheard him mumble. "She's as brutal as an ox." I reached up in a flash to pinch his cheek. I pulled roughly at his flesh. "What'd you say about me?" I fumed, plastering a fake smile onto my face as I mercilessly tugged at his cheek. "AH! AH! I'm sorry! Forgive me!" Younghoon cried out, earning strange looks from the students surrounding us that were eating calmly at their own tables and with their own friends. People often wondered if Younghoon and I were even dating and loved each other since we bullied each other so many times that they got used to it.

I let go of his cheek. It was red and I could tell it was throbbing. But I didn't care. That good-for-nothing deserved it! I crossed my arms and huffed. Then I thought of an idea. "Let's go to the dog cafe!" I clapped my hands enthusiastically. "Again?! You always want to go there!" Younghoon argued. I glared at him with a malicious smile. "If you don't want to go, we can always go to your house and hang out," I planted my hands on my hips triumphantly. "My parents are going to kill me! Fine, fine, let's go to the dog cafe," Younghoon defeatedly said. I always managed to win these small quarrels. "Ha! I win," I crowed happily before bounding out of the cafeteria.

Younghoon followed me. "Let's hold hands," he suddenly perked up. "Wha? I'm not holding hands with someone as contaminated as you," I shook my head. "Aw, but last year you even gave me kisses-" I interrupted him by stamping my foot on his. He howled in agony and leaped away. "You say that one more time, I dare you," I advanced towards him. "Your Highness, I want you to calm down. It was just a social experiment-" He shielded his face and grimaced, prepared to get hit. Confused after feeling nothing, he lowered his arms. Then I swooped in and pecked him on the cheek.

Proud, I walked off, hands behind my back. Younghoon smiled and ran off towards me. "Hurry! The door's right there," He beckoned to the front double doors. We raced each other there. He, of course, won, since I am not an athletic person whatsoever and I never aspire to be one. I was out of breath by the time we reached the front gates. I giggled while panting and puffing for air. Younghoon examined the tall gates. "Let's climb," he seriously said. "I'll help you up."

I decided to trust him. He grabbed my by the arms and hoisted me up so I could grab some of the bars. I managed to jump over it courageously. He got over by himself and began boasting about how he did it himself. We leisurely walked down the sidewalk and began heading to the dog cafe. We both memorized the way there because we had gone there so many times do to my whining and desperacy of seeing dogs. I linked my hands with his and I could tell he was smiling at our warm touch. I was also smiling. Not because we were holding hands, but because I got to spend time with Younghoon, my boyfriend.

"You know, they might give us a discount for the drinks there," Younghoon brought up. "Huh? Why's that?" I tilted my head to one side curiously. "Because I'm good-looking," he pried his fingers away from mine and made peace signs next to his face to emphasize that he was handsome. I laughed heartily. "Ha! What a joke," I grinned goofily, holding his hand once again.

We arrived at the dog cafe not even seconds later and I immediately ordered what I always ordered, along with Younghoon's typical iced tea. We began playing around with the dogs of various sizes and shapes. I nuzzled one of the smaller dogs. "Aw, you look cute. But that dog's cuter," he joked. I raised a fist. "You wanna die?" I threatened before returning my attention to the adorable puppy that cocked its head to the left in puzzlement. Younghoon sighed and sipped on his tea while watching me fondly.

"Hey, Younghoon, I have something to tell you," I quietly began, sitting down next to him. My bright smile had disappeared from my face as I remembered that I had to inform him of something serious. Tears were suddenly stinging my eyes, but I didn't let that faze me. "What? That I'm undeniably handsome and irresistible?" He teased, poking me in the cheek. I couldn't smile at his jokes. Not after the news I had for him. He knew something was wrong almost immediately from my reaction, or the lack of one. I normally easily smiled and laughed, and always giggled or punched him for his lame jokes, but now was different. Younghoon's expression turned serious. The atmosphere was tense. "Is something wrong?" He asked, cupping my face in his. I began tearing up, tears uncontrollably spilling down my face. "Younghoon, I..."

I couldn't finish my sentence. I choked up on my words and my waterfall of tears. I was glad that I could ditch school with him... Because I wouldn't be able to tomorrow. I couldn't even imagine how much pain he would be in after I told him. I sniffled and hiccuped as he kissed me gently on the lips before pulling away, our faces still close together. "What is it? Don't cry, Y/N... Don't cry," he murmured words of comfort, but I was numb to the reassurance in his tone. A question crossed my mind, and I immediately knew the answer. Later, would we be able to see each other and enjoy each other's presence like just now?

No. The answer was no. It's because

"I'm going to die tomorrow, Younghoon. I'm going to die."