5:42 p.m October 27th

Abe's footsteps lightly tapped against the cobblestone walkway, his eyes were bagged and he had become pale, almost sickeningly pale. 

Abe slowly adjusted the strap of his bag and took a deep breath before slowly exhaling, the cold air slightly fogging his breath. 

He slowly approached the Manor gates and reached to push it open, but hesitated. He lowered his arm and looked up at the Manor. 

Abe's head quickly snapped down, his eyes squeezed shut, blocking any tears that threatened to fall. Abe tightly clenched his fists, his knuckles slightly turning white. Abe was shaking and he didn't exactly know if the cold or his rage was the cause. "Damn this place" he cursed under his breath, slight griming.

Abe shook his head, in some sort of attempt to clear his thoughts. He slightly licked his chapped lips and gave the Manors gates a rough shove, causing it to loudly creak open.

 Abe shivered and reached into his coat pockets, clenching his wallet as he continued up the pathway to the Manor doors. 

Abe knew (Y/n) didn't want him to come back, to put himself at risk, but in a way, (Y/n) was the only partner he hadn't completely lost, he wasn't going to just let that go. 

Besides he had some interesting and arguably confusing news, he had to tell (Y/n) what he had found out.

Abe slowly and gently opened the front door and took a shaky breath, "(Y/n)! It's Abe... I- I found some interesting news, a-and whereabouts of Damien and the others!" Abe called out, there was a moment of silence before (Y/n) stepped into view. 

Instead of being a black shadowy figure, (Y/n) looked almost like he/she did before the incident. Except (Y/n) was slightly purple and transparent as if he/she was a spirit. Even so, just being able to distinctively see his friend made Abe feel slightly more at ease.

(Y/n) reached out to touch Abe, but his/her hand fazed through him. (Y/n) gave a somber sigh and shook his/her head. 

"I missed you... partner" Abe greeted gently as (Y/n) motioned for him to follow him/her. 

(Y/n) gave a light chuckle and glanced over at Abe. "C'mon, it's still October, I haven't been gone long" (Y/n) chimed before giving a heavy sigh. "I missed you too, partner... and I miss everyone else (Y/n) admitted dropping the optimistic facade. 

(Y/n) and Abe sat down against the wall beside the stairwell, (Y/n) gently shook his/her head.

"What did you find out" (Y/n) queried tiredly, Abe nodded and pulled several newspaper scraps and loose papers from his bag. 

"So I was looking up relatives and people or places involved you, Damien, and Celine. Since, in a way, you three didn't exactly escape in your own bodies" Abe started explaining, laying out the papers and newspaper scraps in-front of them. "And... well, just take a look at what I found" he finished, motioning towards a newspaper scrap.

(Y/n) cleared his/her throat before reading the newspaper headline out loud. "Mayor Jonathan Wheeler gives a welcoming speech to a good friend and district attorney, Timothy Bishop... (Y/n) read, his/her voice slowly trailing off, he/she hesitantly looked up at Abe, who just motioned for (Y/n) to read the other article headline. (Y/n) gently bit his/her bottom lip and took a shaky breath. "Paranormal researchers recruit a seer named Emile Birou" 

(Y/n) sat frozen for several seconds trying to comprehend what he/she just read. "I-it's just like, we..." "never existed" Abe finished slowly.

(Y/n) shakily exhaled before clearing his/her throat, "okay, what else did you find" (Y/n) questioned.