Book 3: Chapter 5

Raichu looked up at her as Izzy chuckled before rushing up the steps to the pokemon lab. Coming to a stop, she knocked as joltik tickled her hair a bit. The two pokeballs at her side gave her a bit of confidence.

Sycamore answered the door a few moments later giving her a big smile.

"Hello, Izabella. Are you here for your starter?" Sycamore asked. Izzy nodded as he gestured into the lab. Once the two were inside Sycamore walked over to a table and grabbed the three pokeballs.

"Yes! Yes! Yes." Izzy squealed as Sycamore called out the three pokemon. Fennekin swished her tail as she yipped. Chespin jumped up into the air clapping his hands as Froakie smiled. Izzy knelt down getting eye level with the starters. She scanned them over for a few moments.

"Izzy one last thing. Your brother sent me a pokemon." Sycamore said as he dug a ball out of his coat pocket. "He said that you would want this to be your starter. Because after all an electric type gym leader needs electric types." Sycamore stated as he tossed the ball into the air.

Elekid looked up at Izzy his eyes big for a moment. Small sparks came from the prongs on the pokemon's head. Izzy gave a soft smile as she offered her hand to the electric pokemon. Elekid hesitated for a moment before taking her hand in return. Sycamore nodded as he recalled the starters and handed Izzy a handful of pokeballs. Reaching into his other pocket he pulled out the pokedex and Izzy took it. slipping the pokedex into her backpack pocket. Pulling her backpack off her back, she dumped the balls in as raichu hoped forward.

"Elekid this is raichu, and this." Izzy said as she lowered her arm allowing joltik to climb down. "This is joltik. You're my new partner." Elekid smiled as raichu nodded her head.

"Good luck, Izzy." Sycamore said as Izzy turned allowing the two pokemon to take her hands.

"Thank you professor."

"Are you traveling with your brother?" Sycamore asked as she walked towards the door.

"Jack's training for the league. I'm traveling with someone else." Izzy admitted as Sycamore nodded. Opening the door, they walked outside to the main gate. Shady leaned against the stone post as Nappy got up from where he sat on the steps.

"Ready?" Nappy asked. Izzy looked down at the two electric types for a moment.

"Of course." Izzy laughed as they grabbed their bags and headed off towards Santalune. Izzy couldn't help but laugh, it was finally her turn to be a trainer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know guys. A super short chapter again. Anyways hope your all doing well.