Book 3: Chaper 34

"What the heck is that thing?" Jack asked as Absol glanced at his trainer. There were large snake like pokemon fighting in the middle of the city. Absol gave a growl before sprinting forward and tearing through a vine that tore through the ground. "You're right let's focus on getting to the gym." Jack stated as absol gave a nod and the two started to run again. The disaster pokemon leapt over the top some rubble getting a clear layout of the area.

"Hurry." Voices shouted as fire sprung up from rogue members of Team Flare.

"Thunderbolt." Jack ordered as the electricity sparked from absol before surging forward and hitting their pokemon, knocking them unconscious. Jack grabbed another pokeball from his side, tossing it into the air as bisharp formed. "Both of you clear all of us a path." Jack commanded as the Team Flare members fled the scene. Bisharp and absol nodded as they charged forward cutting through stone and vines. More people began to filter out of hiding joining the new group of people as they made their way to the pokemon center.

Once there people scattered helping out more injured or being tended to themselves. Jack turned to look back at the destruction of the city as others came sprinting to the center. Emma was carrying a young child in her arms and a woman sprinted beside her. Setting the child down the mother quickly took the child inside.

"This is chaos." Emma stated wiping some of the soot and dust from her face.

"At this rate it's only going to get worse." Jack said as Emma nodded.

"Jack. Emma." A voice called out a silvally came rushing up to him, Gladion looked him over before turning his attention to the city. "What's going on?"

"Team Flare." Jack responded as the president of Aether nodded his head.

"Then we better get back out there." Gladion stated as silvally gave a small coo.

"Where's Auster and N?" Emma asked.

"Right now that isn't the worry. We need to stop those two." Gladion said, pointing to the red and green pokemon that were fighting.

"What about everyone who's still trapped? Emma asked as Gladion glanced at her and huffed a breath before nodding.

"You're right. Emma, head south Jack and I will take north." Emma nodded rushing off in the direction that she was told as she called out houndoom and infernape. The two fire types leading the way through the fallen debris and fighting. Infernape charged forward, grabbing a houndour by the leg throwing it into its trainer. A vine tore from the ground as houndoom let the fire spewed from his mouth, encompassing the black vine before it crumpled and collapsed.

"Fletchinder, find people who need help." Emma shouted as she tossed the pokeball. Fletchinder took shape in a matter of moments his wings beating before he turned, searching over the city. Infernape rushed to her side as houndoom led the way through the torn apart city. Pieces of a building came crashing down in front of them as screams filled the air and Fletchinder gave a call. Emma picked up her pace as the houndoom charged forward, leaping over fallen debris and coming upon a group of people. They screamed as more pieces of the building came down around them.

"Blaze kick." Infernape leapt up into the air, his right foot connecting with the falling stone breaking it into pieces and sending it flying back into the building. "I made a path back to the Pokemon center." Emma pointed out as the people obeyed without another word before they rushed off the way Emma had come.

"Fletch!" Fletchinder cried from above them as Emma nodded, following after the birds directions. Flames flew from houndoom's mouth as it burned its way through debris, making a single path through the streets.