Book 3: Chapter 35

Jack sprinted with absol and bisharp at his side as a vine tore through a building above him and he barely dodged the incoming debris. Silvally tore through the wreckage as Gladion looked behind him, seeing the way they had come blocked.

    "We need to stop those things." Gladion said, pointing towards the two towering snakes as they fought. Jack wiped some of the dirt from his face before nodding, his speed picking up. A red beam flew above their heads striking the green snake, causing Jack to stop as the pokemon's color turned to red.

"That machine. Find it, stop it! If it hits anything else we could be in big trouble." Gladion stated as he pointed towards the lumiose tower. "I'll try to stop them." Gladion said as he and silvally turned away from Jack heading towards the snakes. Jack rushed off towards the tower as bisharp sprinted ahead of him cutting through a vine as it ripped from the ground. Absol leapt on some fallen debris her white hair getting covered in dirt and dust.

"Come on." Jack shouted to his two partners as they took off again, sliding through a side street as people rushed past him towards the Pokemon center. "Cut through it." Jack ordered as Absol charged forward her horn glowing as the pink slices flew ripping through the pile of debris. Bursting from the alley, the Lumiose gym came into view as a burst of fire erupted from Jack's side. Barely dodging the flame thrower Jack, caught himself before meeting his opponents gaze. Three houndour growled at him as their trainers stood behind them looking triumphant.

"You won't win."

"Luxray, thunderbolt!" A voice echoed over top of the roaring of fire and the crashing of buildings. The electricity surged forward, striking the houndour knocking them unconscious forcing the Team Flare members to retreat.

"Clement?" Jack asked as the inventor rushed up to him, his eyes locked on the tower himself.

"Hey, Jack. I need a favor." Clement started as he took a deep breath. "I need you to guard the entrance. I'm the gym leader of the Lumiose gym, it's my job to take care of this." Clement said before smiling at the green haired man, as he got a nod in return. Jack offered his hand to the gym leader as he hesitated for a moment before taking it.

"Good luck in there, if you need anything we'll be right out here." Jack stated as Clement nodded turning and rushing into the gym. Jack took a deep breath as he heard a low growl coming from behind him. He faced the admin as she smiled at him, at her side was a drapion and a toxicroak as they glared at Jack. Three other members stood behind her, their own pokemon growling as Jack grabbed for the pokeballs at his side.

"Let's do this." Jack said as he called out rampardos, sceptile and yveltal. The pokemon roared as Jack grabbed for his key ring on his finger. "Absol, show them our combined strength, mega evolve!" Streams of energy flowed from the ring and the mega stone around absol's neck. She started to glow the power of the bond pooling inside her as her horn grew larger. Tufts of fur appeared on her legs and two white wings stretched out of her back. The glow died away as absol threw her head back in an almost howl as the rest of Jack's partners roared in response.

"This is going to be fun." Jack whispered as a scream filled his head and the roar of the vast white pokemon sounded. He blinked, trying to clear his vision away as he heard his pokemon start the fight without his command, they could take care of themselves.

His head reeled as he heard the huffing of a breath that wasn't his. The world around him shifted and changed as he gazed around trying to get his bearings. Black clawed hands rubbed at his head as a few purple hairs filled the edge of his vision. Another huff sounded as the world around him blurred again, what was he seeing? Destruction filtered across his eyes as Reshiram called from above a soft sound echoing through the noise filled the air. Stones were falling and the scent of blood wafted through his nostrils. This did little to stop himself as whatever form he was in, as he rushed forward knocking stones away.

Greninja landed beside him helping him push a large stone out of the way. Liepard clawed at some of the smaller stones her claws tearing them away as she tried to clear a pathway down. A cry escaped the feline as she kept digging as leafeon's tail glowed and he slammed it into a large stone breaking it apart before the others continued to dig. Panic rolled through him as he kept digging, the edge of his claws catching a fabric that Jack knew far too well. The jacket that Ryder always wore, he'd recognize the brown hood anywhere and his stomach churned.

The vision broke as sceptile nudged his trainer, getting Jack's attention. He looked over his pokemon for a moment, noticing they had won the battle. Panic roared through him as he tried to calm his breathing, the vision couldn't be real right. No of course not. A shout came from in front of him as more Team Flare members rushed towards him calling out their partners.

"Okay, I'm here. Let's finish this." Jack muttered as his pokemon nodded. His eyes quickly scanned the sky as a roar echoed and reshiram swooped around the lumiose tower. N, held tight to the Pokemon's neck as he led the legend deeper into the city. Oh, please don't be real.

———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Hey guys, here's the next chapter. Hope you enjoy!