Book 3: Chapter 28

"Breathe Jack. Just relax." Izzy laughed as Jack glanced at his sister. Zoroark gave a call as he ran his head against his trainer's leg, getting the green haired man to stroke him. Izzy reclined on a bench her smile big as she held raichu on her lap. Elekid sat on the bench beside her as the electric type rose an eyebrow at the other trainer. Shady sat on the backrest of the bench his feet slightly bouncing on the seat, umbreon sat under the bench beside furfrou as the group sat around talking. Allie stood beside her boyfriend as he bounced on his feet he was more nervous than excited. Nappy rose an eyebrow at the group as gengar loomed in the shadow of the building.

           "I am breathing and totally relaxed."

           "Coming from the guy who looks like he could bounce off the pokecenter walls." Shady stated as Jack sent a glare to the brown haired man.

           "I'm just worried about this." Jack muttered.

           "Don't worry about it. It won't happen, you said yourself that sometimes the visions don't come true." Allie said as Nappy got to his feet.

           "Is this about the battle or the visions?"

           "Both." Jack responded.

           "We can challenge you to a battle if that helps. But otherwise for this vision, you are going to have to tell Ryder about it." Nappy admitted. Jack nodded, he really should talk to Ryder. Not only to talk about the battle, which they probably are going to try to avoid, but he needed to inform him about the visions. Maybe he should also tell Auster? Pushing the thought out of his mind, he leaned down and scratched zoroark behind the ear getting the pokemon to move more into his hand.

           "I probably should go talk to him." Jack stated as the group gave a nod.

           "Talk to who and about what?" A voice asked as Jack spun on his heels to face Ryder and Emma. Liepard's ear twitched as houndoom have a huff smoke filtering from his nostrils.

           "You, about tomorrow and-" Emma held up her hand cutting him off mid sentence.

           "I don't think it's wise to talk about your strategy for tomorrow. Let's just see who is the better trainer, without comparing." Emma addressed. Jack stared at the girl for a few moments before shaking his head.

           "I don't care about the battle I ne-"

           "Then what's it about?" Ryder asked.

           "If you let me finish, please." Jack said getting them both to nod. "I've been having visions, similar to my mom. However these are not good visions. I see the world being destroyed and I don't know what it means." Jack muttered as Emma's jaw fell open a bit. Ryder thought for a few seconds as he ran his fingers through liepard's fur.

           "I'll talk to the others, and alert them of it. You don't know when this will happen?" Ryder asked as Jack shook his head no. "Alright. For now, focus on the battle for tomorrow. It's going to be the hardest day yet, so I wanted to wish you good luck." Ryder stated as Jack nodded before offering his hand to his friend.

           "And to you as well." Jack said as the two shook hands. A small competitive spark lighting in their eyes before they pulled away and Ryder headed off with Emma. Jack watched them go for a few moments, before he said over his shoulder. "Nappy, I accept your challenge." Nappy smiled as Allie headed over to the bench. Pulling a pokeball from his side, he tossed it into the air for a moment before catching it.

           "Empoleon!"

           "Sceptile."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Short chapter. Sorry.