Book 3: Chapter 36

"Leaf blade." Ryder ordered as he pulled the two other trainers out of the way of the falling debris. Leafeon leapt into the air, his tail glowing as it slammed into the pieces of the building breaking apart. "Come on quickly." Ryder stated as the two trainers sprinted out of the door frame Ryder had pulled them under. Greninja sent a water shuriken flying striking the manectric in the side, as it skidded across the ground. Liepard tackled the houndour to the ground, pinning it there as the Team Flare member recalled his knocked out electric type. A red beam called the houndour back as the member turned to flee the area.

Another roar echoed through the air as another vine tore from the ground in the middle of the road, kicking up more dirt. Zoroark charged forward his claws glowing with the shadow as he sliced through the vine, sending it falling to the ground a few moments later. He continues forward as greninja leads the way, deeper into the chaos of the city.

"Hurry." Ryder calls to his other partners as they rush forward, a loud cry from the snake like pokemon erupts through the city. "Greninja what's happening?" Ryder asks as the water type leaps up and starts to make his way towards the top of the closest building.

"Ninja." Greninja shouts back before leaping to the next part of the building that wasn't destroyed. A hum echoes from within the city as a beam of purple flew past them, and his Pokemon leapt out of the way.

"You're kidding me!" Ryder growled as the silver device charged up again, ten Team Flare members around it as the machine took aim at leafeon. "Quick attack out of it!" Ryder shouted as the grass type zipped forward as the beam tried to hit it.

"Stop moving." A Team Flare member yelled. Greninja landed on the ground, sending two water shurikens, soaring forward, striking the machine getting it to spark and stop the blast of the beam.

"Liepard, night slash. Rip it apart." Ryder ordered as the dark type charged forward the shadow overtaking her claws as she slammed into the machine. It sputtered for a few moments, sparks surging from the device before a bolt of purple rushed from the machine as the beam nearly struck the cruel pokemon. Skidding to the side, leafeon leapt up his tail glowing as it slammed into the machine finally breaking it.

"I'd suggest running." Ryder growled as the Team Flare members did as they were told for once. "I can't believe that worked." Ryder laughed as he started moving again. They needed to help anyone who was still trapped within the destruction zone, who knows what could happen if he didn't.

"Zor." Zoraoark called catching the trainers' attention. Gesturing towards a building, Ryder nodded before rushing after the illusion pokemon. A voice echoed from the apartment complex as Ryder threw open the door, and his heart nearly stopped. It was a small voice, probably a child.

"Can you hear me?" Ryder yelled into the building as he pushed past some debris in the entrance. No response came from the apartment as liepard moved towards the stairs, her head raised as she sniffed. "My name is Ryder. I'm here to help, please come out." He called as a creak came from above and a small sniffle sounded. Liepard was up the stairs in an instant as she disappeared from sight. The dark type emerged a few moments later, with a four year old girl dressed in her pajamas, gripping the feline's fur.

"Are you alone?" Ryder asked as the girl nodded and liepard led her down the stairs and into Ryder's arms. Unwrapping the coat from around himself, he tugged it around the girl before picking her up and heading out of the building into the chaos of the city. Another vine tore from the road as greninja made quick work of the black and pink root. The girl gave a whimper as she dug her head into his neck, her grip tighten around him.

"We are going to get you to safety okay." Ryder reassured as they started moving their steps quickening. A roar echoed as more vines ripped from building to building, as others tore up the road.