Book 3: Chapter 9

"Abomasnow." Wulfric yelled. The ice and grass type looked at Ryder for a moment as he grabbed the pokeball from his side. Pieces of hail fell to the ground, and Ryder knew what it meant.

"Aggron." Ryder stated as the steel type gave a roar. His tail slamming on the ground cracking the ice underneath.

"A strong opponent." Wulfric laughed as he smiled at Ryder. Ryder nodded as he remembered the new move that the steel type learned when he evolved.

"I hope so." Ryder said as Wulfric smiled. "Iron tail." Ryder ordered as aggron rushed forward his tail glowing.

"Ice shard." A flurry of ice flew from abomasnow's mouth as they soared towards, aggron.

"Knock it away." Aggron spun his glowing tail up and hitting the flying shards as the iron armor pokemon kept moving. Its feet piercing the layers of ice as it created a trail towards the ice type.

"Wood hammer." Abomasnow obeyed as its hand turned green and it grew larger taking the shape of a tree. It swung out as aggron turned his tail. Catching the incoming attack and throwing the large pokemon back a bit. Aggron's tail stopped glowing as the two stood a few feet from each other now.

"Stone edge!" Ryder yelled as the blue stones ripped up through the ice.

"Move." Wulfric commanded as abomasnow moved out of the way of the stones.

"Iron head." Aggron's head started to glow as it surged forward catching abomasnow in its horns. Throwing the grass type backwards it slid along the ice as Wulfric laughed.

"You most certain are strong. Let's see how you handle us at our full strength." Wulfric said as he opened up the necklace around his neck. The key stone becoming visible as Ryder froze from the sight. The streams rushed forward as abomasnow's mega stone reacted to its trainer. The mega looked up at them as the emblem appeared in front of the ice type.

"Back up." Ryder shouted as aggron obeyed pieces of hail injuring the steel type.

"Energy ball." Wulfric called as the ice type formed the orb and sent it sailing.

"Bat it back." Aggron's tail glowed as it spun, hitting the orb. It went flying backwards, hitting abomasnow in the face. "Get close." Ryder yelled as Aggron started moving. Abomasnow shook his head clearing the remains of the attack from his eyes. Once the pokemon was able to properly see, it noticed aggron was on top of it.

"Fire punch." Aggron swung out his right hand becoming engulfed in flames as he struck the ice type. Pushing it backwards it stumbled for a few moments.

"Blizzard." Shards of ice came flying from the mega's mouth as aggron was hit with the attack. The pokemon was pushed backwards as it gave a cry.

"Stone edge." Ryder ordered as the blue stones flew up from the ice.

"Wood hammer." The green beam struck the stones breaking them apart. A cloud filled the field as aggron moved again on Ryder's order. His head glowing as he tore through the smoke. Ramming abomasnow and pushing him backwards. The frost tree pokemon tried to get out of the steel types horns as it rammed into the wall.

"Fire punch." Ryder yelled as aggron hit the mega a few times before he spun his tail glowing. Slamming it into abomasnow's side, it soared to the other side of the gym. Abomasnow roared as it got to its feet.

"Ice shard."

"Stone edge around yourself." Ryder said as the stones flew up and aggron hid behind them as the shards flew trying to break through the snow.

"Wood hammer." The tree beam flew down as abomasnow jumped the stones. Aggron flew backwards across the ground in front of Ryder as the steel type huffed. It pushed itself to its feet as it gave off a roar, ignoring its injuries as more hail hurt the pokemon more.

"Your very stubborn aren't you two." Wulfric laughed. Ryder looked at aggron for a moment as the two nodded.

"Yes, we are. Fire punch on the ground." Aggron slammed his flaming fist into the ice causing it to melt as it rushed along the edge of the arena.

"What are you doing?" Wulfric asked.

"Again." Ryder shouted as aggron hit the ice that remained as it rushing up along the walls. Pieces of ice started to fall, hitting abomasnow causing the pokemon to get injured. "Get over there." Aggron charged forward, his feet making the building shake.

"Ice shard." Wulfric commanded.

"Stone edge to block it." Wulfric smiled at the command, Ryder was making the same mistake.

"Wood hammer." Abomasnow rushed forward. Jumping over the stones as the hammer slammed down on the other side. The dust cleared, revealing nothing there but a hole in the ground.

"Iron tail." Ryder yelled as aggron came around a few stones further away. His tail striking abomasnow as the pokemon flew into the wall. The mega form disappeared from around the pokemon as it fell to the ground defeated.

Ryder rushed out onto the field as aggron walked over to him and lowered his head to the trainer. Ryder wrapped his arms around the pokemon's neck as he thanked him for doing his best. Wulfric recalled abomasnow as he walked over to Ryder with the iceberg badge in hand.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ugh is it the weekend yet. Hope your weeks aren't nearly as long as mine's been.