Book 3: Chapter 10

"Thanks for the battle man." Jack stated as Mark recalled his dragalge. Mark chuckled at the statement before returning the ball to his side.

"No problem at all. Although I have to say your team is scary strong. Maybe you should also look into evolving your grovyle." Mark said as he put a hand on Jack's shoulder. Jack looked over at grovyle as he leaned against a tree, zoroark curled up beside him.

"I know. It's his choice when though." Jack said as Mark nodded.

"I'll see you later alright." Mark added as he walked out of the arena. The silence was almost deafening he thought as he walked over to absol who was sitting on the bench. Scratching her head he sat down beside her.

"Now what?" Jack asked. He could head towards the league, or he could wait in Lumiose for a bit longer. He really needed to evolve grovyle though, if he wanted a chance to beat Ryder.

"Excuse me?" A voice cut off his thoughts. A young girl with red hair looked at him, she wore a simple pink shirt and black shorts. A smirk covered her face and Jack froze for a moment he recognized her but from where.

"You're Jack right?" She asked as she grabbed a pokeball from her side.

"Um... yah." Jack responded.

"I would like to have a rematch." The girl stated as she called out a furfrou in a matron trim. Jack stared at the pokemon for a minute before getting to his feet.

"Wait... Princess Allie?" Jack asked. The girl giggled as she covered her mouth with her free hand.

"I was hoping you would recognize me. I decided to go on a journey and when I saw you. I thought what a better first battle." Allie stated as she fixed the backpack straps on her arms. Jack smiled as he ran a hand through his hair.

"It would be an honor." Jack said as he waved at grovyle, getting the grass type to get up.

"I have two pokemon now and am ready whenever you are." Allie said as grovyle took the field as the furfrou trotted in front of the princess.

"Tackle." Allie shouted as the furfrou rushed forward. Grovyle held his ground as the pokemon grew closer and closer.

"Move." Jack stated as grovyle jumped out of the charge. Furfrou crashed to the ground before shaking the dust from her fur and getting back to its feet.

"Bite." Allie ordered as Jack watched the normal type spin. Its mouth opened as it ran towards grovyle. The pokemon jumped backwards out of the poodle pokemon's range.

"Leaf blade." Grovyle's blades on his wrists started to glow. He rushed forward the glowing leaves striking the furfrou tossing it backwards. Dirt covered the pokemon's fur as it got to its feet, growling. Jack watched the princess for a few moments almost expecting her to call off the battle.

"Charge beam." Allie yelled as the furfrou threw back its head for a moment. Sending the column of light searing towards grovyle awaited a command.

"Dragon breath." The purple flames soared from the grass type's mouth, cutting through the pokemon's attack. A loud explosion cloaked the field as the dust kicked up into the air.

"Leaf storm." Jack ordered as the leaves swirled around the wood gecko pokemon. Hitting the furfrou it was thrown into the air as it spun around and around. The tornado died away after a few moments dropping the normal type to the ground as it fell unconscious.

"Good job furfrou." Allie said as she recalled the downed pokemon. She smiled at the poke ball as grovyle looked at Jack for a moment. Giving its trainer a thumbs up, Jack laugh as the blue light started to encompass him. Jack smiled as the pokemon changed in front of him and his tail grew longer and spikes covered it. The leaf on his head disappeared as the evolution came to an end. The blue light disappeared as sceptile nodded to his trainer. Pulling out the dex, he scanned the pokemon smiling.

"You look great bud." Jack said as the grass type gave a hum in response. Allie released her fennekin as the pokemon looked up at the towering grass type.

"You chose fennekin." Jack stated.

"Is something wrong?" Allie questioned. Jack smiled as he gave a wave of his hand, telling sceptile to return. The forest pokemon nodded walking past his trainer. Taking a seat beside absol who was laying out on the bench.

"Bisharp." Jack said as the steel type got to his feet. The blade pokemon looked down at the little pokemon. Fennekin gave a faint whimper before looking over at its trainer. "What do you think?" The dark type stepped closer to the fox pokemon getting it to stumble backwards.

"Fenn..." The male fennekin called as his ears fell against his head. Bisharp knelt down in front of the little fire type as it scanned him over again.

"What's it doing?" Allie asked.

"This fennekin's first battle?" Jack questioned as she nodded.

"Sharp." Bisharp said as he got back to his feet.

"Agreed." Jack stated as the pokemon took up his position.

"Wait, what?" Allie asked as her fennekin glanced over its shoulder at her.

"Nothing to concern yourself with. It's something between me and bisharp." The dark type nodded in return.

"Oh... um... okay. Fennekin, scratch." The fennekin rushed forward. His front right paw glowing as it rushed towards the much larger pokemon.

"Dodge." Jack whispered as bisharp moved around the little fire type easily.

"Ember." Allie ordered as the few pieces of flame soared from the fox pokemon. Bisharp swung around the incoming attack, not bothering to attack the small pokemon. Allie gave Jack a curious look as her hands clenched at her side.

"Ember again." Allie yelled as the projectiles flew.

"Knock them down." Jack stated as bisharp swung up cutting through the attack like it was nothing.

"What!" Allie yelled.

"There's a reason we aren't attacking." Jack responded. "One hit and you'd be down. Bisharp is very powerful." Jack stated. Allie chuckled at the statement as her fennekin gave her a curious look.

"Fennekin is powerful too. Try us." Allie laughed as Jack smiled.

"If you wish. Bisharp..." Jack called getting the pokemon's attention. "Stone edge." Slamming his hands down on the ground the blue stones came ripping through the arena. Throwing fennekin up into the air the fox gave a cry.

"Fennekin!" Allie shouted.

"Iron head." Bisharp leapt up into the air striking the fire type. Thrusting it into the ground the dust cloaked some of the area. Once it settled fennekin was revealed to have been knocked out. Allie recalled fennekin as she gave a sigh.

"That wasn't fair." Jack gave her a curious look.

"How so?"

"You used a much stronger pokemon than fennekin and furfrou. You rigged the match." Allie yelled.

"You challenged me an obviously stronger trainer than yourself. How did you think you would beat me?" Jack asked.

"I thought..." Allie started, but stopped herself. "I'll pay you for your bisharp." Jack was a bit surprised by the sudden statement. Bisharp cast his trainer a curious look before the two started chuckling.

"Not in a thousand years." Jack responded as he grabbed the pokeballs from his side. Recalling absol, sceptile, rampardos, and zoroark. He returned the balls to his belt before looking at bisharp for a few moments.

"Once you figure out how to thank a trainer for battling with you. Come find me." Jack laughed as he and bisharp headed away from the arena. Leaving the princess alone with her unconscious pokemon.

"Show off." Allie whispered before noticing she was blushing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's only Tuesday guys. Hope you're all having a great day!