Book 3: Chapter 21

Jack laughed as Ryder told him what Emma wanted to do.

"Doesn't surprise me honestly. She would make a great professor." Jack stated as Ryder gave his friend a curious look.

"What do you mean?" Jack could only chuckle as a woman walked into the room, calling him and his opponent, Sawyer.

"See you." Jack said as he turned to follow the woman down the hallway. He rolled out his shoulder, it was still sore from how he slept last night. Jack took a deep breath as he heard his name get called and he walked out onto the platform. Sawyer looked at him for a moment as the tree filled arena rose up towards them. Clicking into place Jack grabbed the pokeball from his side.

Zoroark gave off a growl before throwing his head back in a howl. Sawyer smiled before throwing out slaking. Jack stared at the pokemon for a moment before giving a nod to his dark type.

"Dark pulse." The purple beam formed in the illusion pokemon's hand. Sending the beam flying it struck the slaking hard pushing it backwards a bit.

"Counter." Sawyer yelled as the lazy pokemon got to its feet and rushed forward. Hitting zoroark the dark type was thrown across the ground. Shaking some of the dirt off it gave a pained groan as it looked at Jack.

"Slaking is strong, but it has truant. Zoroark, get close." Jack shouted as the purple haired pokemon rushed forward. Jumping into the air, zoroark loomed above the normal type. "Night slash." The dark type's claw became covered in a shadow as it swung down striking the large pokemon. Knocking it backwards a bit, Sawyer smiled.

"Slack off." The pokemon gave a yawn as it laid down and small green sparks emitted from the pokemon. Jack gritted his teeth, realizing that the pokemon was back to full health. Zoroark gazed at its trainer for a few seconds before rushing forward. The shadow cloaking its hands as it swung out striking the large pokemon a few times. It gave a roar as zoroark jumped backwards out of range of the pokemon's attacks.

"Hammer arm." The normal type got to its feet as zoroark jumped around the pokemon's swings.

"Dark pulse." Jack shouted as the beam flew from its hands, forcing the large pokemon to take a step back. Slaking huffed as Sawyer bit his tongue, wishing to give an order.

"Focus blast." The orb formed in zoroark's hands as Sawyer's eyes widened and the truant ended.

"Hammer arm." The normal type charged forward as its arm glowed. Zoroark held the orb close as the larger pokemon swung out at it. Throwing the orb a loud explosion filled the field as dust coated the arena. The wind blew past the two trainers before disappearing. Jack brushed the dirt from his eyes before looking out to the field. Zoroark lay on the ground unconscious as slaking laid beside it, out cold. Jack grabbed the pokeball from his side and recalled his fallen pokemon as Sawyer recalled slaking.

"Wow, the two pokemon knocked each other out." The announcer shouted through the microphone as the arena filled with his voice.

"Salamence." Sawyer shouted as the dragon type slammed onto the ground. Its red wings rising above its head as it roared a challenge. Grabbing the pokeball at his side, he threw out the headbutt pokemon as it dug its claws into the ground.

"Dragon claw." Sawyer ordered as the dragon pokemon flew off the ground as its claws started to glow green. Soaring forward it aims at rampardos as the pokemon dug its head into the ground more.

"Iron head." Jack stated as the rock types head started to glow. Swing up it slammed into the glowing claws as the two pokemon were pushed backwards. "Ancient power." Jack shouted as the stones flew from the ground soaring through the air.