Book 3: Chapter 19

"You okay?" Emma asked as she looked her boyfriend over. Ryder's shirt hung loosely around her body as she gazed at him from the bathroom. He sat on the bed rubbing his hands together as he stared at the pokeballs on the table.

"Fine." Ryder whispered as he looked down at the ground.

"You don't sound fine. What's bothering you?" Emma questioned. Pulling her hair forward she started to twist it into a braid. Her fingers worked expertly as she did her work.

"Are you happy?" Ryder asked, getting Emma to stop. Her gaze shifted to him as she tied off the hair before walking to where he sat.

"Where did this come from?" Emma asked as she sat down beside him. Taking his hand, she squeezed it tight, getting Ryder to smile a bit.

"Just been thinking."

"What about?"

"About us. About what we're going to do after the league. Where are we going to be? What's going to happen?" Ryder whispered as Emma moved closer to him.

"Well. After the league you are going to go challenge Diantha. You will become the champion and..." Ryder looked over at her.

"What about you? I don't care about me, what will happen between us?" Emma fell silent as she thought.

"I guess, I will go home for a while. I'll learned a lot from our travel let's hope that's enough to get me into teaching." Emma started as her mind sort of sputtered.

"Is that what you want to do? Because you know what'll happen if I become champion." Ryder stated as Emma tightened her grip.

"We may be separated but that won't end our relationship." Emma said as looked into Ryder's eyes. Her heart panged as she saw what he was saying, they wouldn't be together very often. If she got into a teacher's school, she would see him even less.

"Emma."

"Wait, how often does the champion interact with the professor?" Emma asked as Ryder hesitated.

"Almost every week." Ryder stated.

"I'll become Sycamore's assistant." Emma said with a smile.

"Is that what you want? I'm not going to push you into it."

"No, that works better than being a teacher. I can teach people and I can actually help out pokemon as well." Emma said as she laughed a bit. "It's perfect." Ryder chuckled as she pulled him back onto the bed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys. Sorry that this took me so long, a lot of issues have come up. Hopefully, I can get the story up on schedule again but I'm just not sure.  Also sorry about the short chapter, the next one is just as short.