Book 3: Chapter 18

"You certain of what you saw?" Jack asked as he leaned against the building. Allie nodded as she brushed out some of furfrou's fur.

"Yah, they had a big machine set up in the Lumiose gym. The people, they had dyed red hair and red clothes." Jack gave a small nod as he pushed away from the building.

"Thank you for doing that Allie." He stated as Allie laughed.

"It was my pleasure." She said with a small smile. Jack rubbed the back of his neck, he needed to make a call.

"I'll see you around then."

"Wait. Where are you going?" Allie asked as she stared at him curiosity in her eyes.

"I need to make a call, so I'm heading to the pokemon center. Thank you again for helping." Jack stated as he turned to head towards the center. Allie slipped her fingers into the poodle pokemon's fur.

"Fur?" Allie smiled down at the pokemon before continuing to brush out its fur.

Jack rushed to the center his heart pulsing in his chest, he could feel the redness in his cheeks. Shaking his head, he tried to clear it of the emotions as his face drained of the red coloring. Taking a deep breath, he walked up to one of the machines dialing the number N had given the group.

"Hey. Congrats on getting to the semi-finals." N stated as he smiled at the camera.

"Thanks. N, is he there?" The green haired man's smile faded as he nodded. He disappeared from the screen for a few minutes before the champion walked into view.

"What's wrong?" Auster asked.

"We found out that Team Flare is in the Lumiose gym." Auster gave Jack a confused look.

"The Lumiose gym? Where's the gym leader?" Jack shrugged, not entirely sure where the leader was. "So you, Emma and Ryder found this out." Jack stopped for a few moments.

"Not exactly." Jack stated as the previous champion raised an eyebrow at him.

"What do you mean not, exactly?" Auster asked.

"Umm..." Jack said, looking around behind him. "Allie can you come here. I know you followed me." He said as the red haired girl peaked from around the column. Her furfrou poked his head around the stone as well before the two stepped out. Walking over to Jack she stopped. She tangled her fingers into furfrou's fur, it was comforting feeling.

"Who's this?"

"This is-"

"I'm Allie." Allie stated looking up at the screen. Her eyes widened as she stared at the supposed dead champion as his lucario walked onto the screen. "You're..."

"Yes, I am. So you saw what was going on in the Lumiose gym?" Auster asked as Allie nodded.

"Yes, sir."

"What did you see, Allie?" Auster questioned. Allie hesitated before taking a breath and clearing her throat.

"I saw these strange people. They had red hair, and wore red uniforms. They had set up a large machine in the Lumiose gym. I tried to figure out what they were doing, but they saw me. I was able to get away, though." She said, shifting on her feet a bit before meeting the champion's eyes.

"Thank you, Princess Allie." Auster stated getting the young girl's eyes to widen.

"How did you-"

"I knew your father and I'd recognize your hair anywhere." Auster responded before looking at Jack. "Thank you for calling me and alerting me to the situation." Jack gave a nod before the champion hung up.

"I thought the champion was dead." Allie whispered.

"Let's just keep it that way." Jack responded as Allie nodded.

"What now?" Allie asked.

"I... You hungry?" Jack questioned as the red haired girl nodded. He turned preparing to leave as Allie looked him over. She walked to his side as her hand slipped into his.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Short chapter sorry guys.