Book 3: Chapter 16

"You both did great." Emma said as she leaned a bit more into the chair. Ryder smirked at her as he leaned against the table a bit. The group of six sat at a café waiting for their food.

"Yah, it was awesome." Izzy responded as she watched joltik trying to steal a small piece of bread from Shady. He grabbed the little bug type and looked at it for a moment before setting it on his shoulder. Breaking off a piece of bread, he handed it to the bug who greedily took it.

"You know what I can't believe." Jack stated getting the group's attention. "That you somehow snuck away from us enough to make two friends." Izzy chuckled at the statement as Nappy smirked.

"Yah it was kind of an accident." Nappy responded.

"How so?" Ryder questioned as liepard pulled herself closer around his chair. Her head resting on his lap as she stared up at him. He ran his fingers through the pokemon's soft fur knowing that wasn't why she was sitting there.

"We saw her getting chased by a group of beedrill. I knew that something bad was going to happen if we didn't intervene."

"Well I'm happy that you did." Jack stated as he smiled before taking a drink of water.

"I would have been fine."

"You were screaming." Shady responded as Izzy sent him a glare. Shady laughed as umbreon shifted on his feet, making himself more comfortable.

"I was not."

"You totally were." Nappy laughed as he leaned back crossing his arms.

"Whatever." Izzy stated. "So who are you fighting tomorrow?" Izzy asked.

"Just another round of trainers and cutting down the group." Ryder stated. Izzy nodded as the waitress came to set down their orders. The group fell into a comfortable silence as they ate and told stories. As they finished their meals, a small tap came from Jack's shoulder. He turned, noticing Princess Allie standing there. Her fingers were digging into her shirt as she looked up at him.

"Yes?" Jack asked.

"Um... I wanted to thank you for battling me the other day..." Allie said before her face went red. Jack gave her a small nod before Allie smiled and rushed off.

"Who was that?" Izzy questioned as Ryder rose an eyebrow at his friend.

"Just a girl that I fought a few days ago." Jack stated only to get a smirk from his sister.

"What?"

"Nothing, big brother." Izzy laughed as she rose her hand to joltik on Shady's shoulder. The electric bug climbed onto her hand and to her shoulder. Climbing up into her hair, she smiled as she jumped to her feet, scaring umbreon.

"Ready?" Nappy asked as Izzy nodded.

"We'll see you guys tomorrow." Izzy said as the three got up and thanked them. The three trainers headed out of the café, as Emma watched them leave.

"It's weird."

"Yah, it is." Jack responded as he fiddled with his fork. He tapped his fingers on the table for a few moments before looking at Emma and Jack.

"You alright?" Ryder asked as liepard put her paws on the chair's edge allowing her to see over the table.

"Yah, just exhausted. I got the bill, you two can take off." Jack said as Emma gave him a curious look.

"You certain?"

"Yep, I got it covered. See you tomorrow, Ryder." Jack stated as the two got to their feet and thanked him. Taking each other's hand, they walked out of the restaurant as Jack leaned heavily into the chair. Digging out his wallet he put down some money, as the waitress returned with the bill.

"Thank you." Jack said as the woman nodded and he went outside. The sun had set a bit ago and the cold chill of the air stung his lungs. Heading down the street, he headed away from the city, as the few people he passed headed home. The streetlights disappeared behind him as he walked up the large hill, and stopped. Grabbing the ultra ball from his side, he called out the dark legend as it stared down at him.

"Explain it." Jack whispered. His visions were never anything big, more like a déjà vu moment. But lately his small visions have been more like nightmares. They would fill his head with screams and roars, he could smell smoke and blood.

"Why?" Jack asked as the legend gave him a curious look. Grabbing the pokeball from his side, he called out absol as the disaster pokemon gazed up at him. Her red eyes digging through his soul and he could feel her power.

"What's going to happen?" Jack questioned the two dark types. Yveltal lowered his head towards him as it gave off a faint grumble. Tossing out the other pokeballs, he looked at all his pokemon, their looks giving him no reasons.

"Answer me." Jack hissed as legend stepped forward, pressing it's head against its trainer. He could feel his eyes starting to burn as the tears tried to escape.

"Please. Absol what's going to happen?" Jack whimpered as the dark type looked towards the Lumiose tower. Giving off a growl her fur bristled before looking back at her trainer. "The tower?" Jack asked, getting a small nod from the disaster pokemon.

"Hey?" Jack froze spinning to look at Allie as she stood a few feet away from him. Her eyes scanning the pokemon as absol gave off a growl. Stepping forward, putting herself between her trainer and the princess.

"What are you-"

"Maybe I could help."

"What? Why?" Jack asked.

"Because... I feel terrible for the way I treated you earlier. I... I want to make it up to you." Allie whispered as Jack looked at his partners.

"Maybe... you could... you watching the league?"

"No, I was going to head to Santalune." Allie responded.

"Can you check out Lumiose tower tomorrow for me?"

"Sure." Allie said with a small smile as her face turned a shade of pink. Jack rubbed the back of his neck, he cheeks starting to turn as well. A small nudge from the legend sent him stumbling forward so the two were next to each other. Allie snickered as the legend gave off a content grumble.

"Um... it's dark. I should walk you back to where you're staying." He said as he recalled his pokemon.

"I'd like that."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm so sorry guys. I was away for more than a week and I was in a place where I couldn't really upload. I'm sorry about that.