Book 3: Chapter 24

Zoroark gave a growl as he walked beside Jack, his eyes locking on Alain as the trainer gave a smirk. Jack called to the pokemon as he turned to look its trainer over. Rubbing the pokemon's head, zoroark laid back down at Jack's feet. Ryder stood a few feet in front of him staring at the screen that sat above him. It was almost time, Ryder kept telling himself as he took a deep breath. Jack shifted a bit as he nodded to his friend.

    "Jack and Alain." Jack took a deep breath before getting to his feet. The woman gave the two of them a smile.

            "Good luck." Ryder stated as he smirked.

            "Thanks." Jack responded as he recalled Zoroark. Alain and Jack followed the woman out into the hallway and gestured towards their directions.

            "Alain." The dark haired trainer stopped. "Good luck, and may the best trainer win." Jack stated as Alain smiled.

            "Good luck to you as well." Alain said as he gave a small nod and turned away. Jack took a deep breath before turning away and heading towards his side of the field. His heart was thumping and his head was racing. All of Alain's pokemon were rushing through his head, the moves they had and the best strategy he could come up with. Calming his heart rate, he closed his eyes, gaining some of his frayed nerves. Jack's eyes flew open as his name was called and he walked out onto the platform. The hilly meadow rising up between the two trainers as it prepared for the battle.

            Alain grabbed the pokeball from his side and called out an unfezant. Jack grabbed the pokeball from his side as rampardos crashed onto the ground, a roar escaping its throat.

            "Steel wing." Alain ordered as unfezant soared towards rampardos its wings glowing white.

            "Crunch." Jack ordered as the head butt pokemon clamped down on the flying type's left wing.  The proud pokemon cried as rampardos spun.

            "Get out of air slash." Unfezant swung out with its right wing hitting rampardos in the face allowing it to get free. "Sky attack." The flying type bolted into the air, soaring high above the field.

            "Hold." Jack stated as rampardos dug his claws into the ground. Unfezant spun diving headfirst towards the ground. "Keep it in your sight." Rampardos gave a hum in response as the proud pokemon grew closer. "Ancient power." Jack shouted as the stones flew from the ground.

"Dodge it." Alain shouted as unfezant kept up his pace and swung around the incoming stones. It seared towards the rock type, the flying type locking eyes with its opponent.

            "Iron head." Rampardos swung down as its head struck unfezant hard, causing it to crash into the ground. The momentum sending it skidding past the rock type and in front of its trainer. Unfezant stumbled to his feet and staggered for a moment before collapsing.

            "Unfezant is unable to battle." The ref said as Alain recalled his flying pokemon.

            "Bisharp." Alain shouted as the sword blade pokemon landed. It looked up at rampardos as the rock type gave off a growl.

            "Crunch." Jack stated as the rock type roared, before charging.

            "Thunder wave." Alain yelled as bisharp jumped out of the way of the attack. The electricity surrounded rampardos as the paralysis took effect. Jack took a deep breath, relaxing himself, don't get worked up.

            "Guillotine." Jack's eyes widened. The blades on bisharp's wrist grew longer and pulsed with power.

            "Rampardos move." The rock type jumped backwards as bisharp charged after. The two swung around the field barely missing each other as bisharp's blades finally disappeared.