Book 3: Chapter 6

Lairon struggled in the pokeball, something didn't feel right to the steel type. Ryder had never tossed his ball around like this before and he could have sworn he heard voices. He shook himself a bit, making the ball move as it hit a hard surface. Wiggling a bit more, he attempted to move the ball a bit. Surprised as the ball rolled a little to the side, he rammed the red beam into the side of the ball. His form was weak but he could still move around as he bounced from one mirror to another.

Slamming into the side he felt the ball rolling again. There was a sudden moment when the ball seemed almost weightless. Before it slammed into something strong as the ball gave a click. With a pop it opened and he formed outside of it. The beam disappearing as his body took its shape. Snapping his eyes open the iron armor pokemon looked around the area. He was in a warehouse of some sort and searched for his trainer. Looking down at the pokeball at his feet, his gaze shifted to the table noticing leafeon's ball sitting there.

Spinning he caught the leg of the table, causing it to collapse and the ball to roll to him. Leaning down, he clicked the button as the verdant pokemon formed from the red light. Leafeon gave him a curious look before noticing he wasn't called out by Ryder.

"The hell was that noise?" A female voice cut through the air. Leafeon grabbed his pokeball in his mouth as lairon followed suit and rushed after the grass type. Hiding behind a stack of boxes they peered out, before slipping back behind the cover. Lairon nudged leafeon as he started to move away from the direction they had come.

Heading deeper into the warehouse, they quietly searched for their trainer. Leafeon jumped up onto a box scanning the warehouse before leaping back down to his partner. Setting the ball down, he took a whiff of the air, trying to identify a scent. Grabbing the pokeball again, leafeon guided lairon towards the side of the warehouse. A hall laid there, a few doors to the side as it was gated off by plastic strip curtains. Quickly entering the hall, leafeon took another sniff of the air before walking over to a door. Placing a paw on the door, leafeon dropped his pokeball. His tail began to glow, as lairon gave a grunt causing the grass type to stop.

Setting the ball down lairon's head glowed as he rammed it into the door, breaking it into pieces. Ryder covered his head as the door exploded in front of him, and once he was certain it was alright he lowered his hands. Leafeon jumped into his lap licking his face as lairon rushed up to him, his head rubbing against Ryder's side.

"How did you? You know what, it doesn't matter." Ryder stated as he patted lairon on the head and set leafeon down. Grabbing their pokeballs he attached them to his belt.

"Come on they have rayquaza." Ryder said as he peered out into the hall. Once satisfied the coast was clear he headed back the way they members had brought him. His two pokemon on his heels gave him a sense of strength that he didn't have earlier. Stopping outside of the door that he knew they took rayquaza into he gazed down at his two pokemon. Taking a deep breath, he pushed open the door. Looking in he saw the master ball sitting on a small pedestal, with glass around it. A few members walked around it talking about how they were going to give it to someone.

"Leafeon, swift." Ryder whispered as leafeon nodded. Rushing past him, the grass type darted into the room before leaping into the air. The stars flew as the members scrambled out of the way, calling out their pokemon. A manetric growled, as a houndour howled. Flames flew from the houndour's mouth as leafeon danced around the fire.

"Lairon, stone edge." Ryder ordered as he and lairon rushed in. The stones pierced through the ground, hitting the manetric. The houndour moved in time with his trainers shout.

"Bite." The member yelled as the houndour charged forward. Aiming towards leafeon, Ryder gave a smile.

"Leaf blade." Ryder shouted as leafeon's tail started to glow, slamming down onto houndour's head.