Book 3: Chapter 14

"Don't get overconfident." N stated as he munched on the few chips he dug out of the bag. Auster chuckled at the statement as he sat on venusaur's back. Vaporeon asleep to his left and sylveon watching the television to his right. The fairy type's ribbons wrapped around his right arm as he took a drink of his water.

"He won't lose this battle." Auster said as lucario looked down from where he sat on venusaur's flower. N smirked at the statement as he leaned a bit more against the grass type's side. Before offering the bag to the former champion. A small shake of his head and N nodded before offering the bag to Moon who happily took it. Gladion leaned against silvally.  Her feathers, opened a bit before closing a few seconds later. Patting the pokemon's neck, it gave a faint coo before settling herself again.

"Doesn't mean he won't lose a pokemon or two." Gladion responded as Auster shrugged.

"Maybe so. That means he has to think things through a bit more." Auster stated as he took another gulp of his drink. A ribbon wrapped around the water bottle, pulling it toward sylveon as she got a sip of the water. "Now you are stealing my drink. First you stole some of my dinner, now you're stealing my drink." Sylveon gave Auster a smile before moving more into him.

"Mimikyu doesn't steal food from me." Moon said.

"Mimikyu rarely eats." Gladion responded as Ryder beat the carbink on the screen. A commercial flickered onto the screen as they prepared for the next trainer.

"That trainer tried her hardest." N said as he grabbed the bag back from Moon.

"Can't count on sucky type match ups." Moon bit into a chip once she finished speaking. "Also don't hog the chips."

"You gave them back."

"You took them." Moon stated.

"Children." Auster said, getting the two champion's attention. A raise of his eyebrow and they fell silent.

"So the fight with Lysandre went well?" Gladion asked. Auster chuckled at the question, before taking another sip of the water.

"He hasn't changed his strategy since we traveled together." Auster replied, remembering the battle between the two once friends. Lysandre was always overconfident, and that was his flaw. It didn't take long for Auster to beat him and give his threat. It wasn't much, but it was all he could do for now. They couldn't do much more without more information, which was a slow process.

"Is that a good or bad thing?" Moon questioned.

"A good thing." Auster responded as the commercial ended. Two random trainers walked onto the platforms as N turned the volume down a bit.

"Can we skip to Jack?" N whispered.

"Want to see him kick someone's butt too?" Gladion asked as N smirked.

"No harm in wanting to see friends win." N responded as he grabbed his own water bottle and took a drink. The four fell into silence. They watched the battle on screen and every so often passing around food for the others. Auster tapped the water bottle nervously as he watched the screen, he wanted to see his son.

"So..." Gladion started as one of the trainers lost their first pokemon. "Is it..."

"We aren't talking about that." Auster responded, cutting the president of Aether off before the conversation even started.

"It needs to be discussed." N stated as he turned to look up at Auster. The champion was shaking a bit at the thought of what they wanted to talk about.

"Nothing is going to happen, it won't happen. It's a vision, they can be wrong." Auster snapped.

"Auster." Moon whispered as the group stared at him. He was their leader and he knew that. He was the leader that they all needed right now. Auster was the glue keeping their whole operation together, even before he woke up. They were all here because they trusted him. Right now he knew they needed to discuss this possibility. He couldn't however bring himself to talk about it.

"If the legends react, the way the vision says they will... If Zygarde reacts like that..." Shaking his head Auster pushed himself from that thought.

"Will we win?" Gladion asked, looking at his uncle.

"I...I don't know... If we lose control of the legends... If we lose zygarde... if the vision is correct..." Auster stuttered.

"That last part won't happen." N stated.

"Your right you know. Her visions are rarely wrong, I can't..." Auster whispered as he gripped the water bottle tighter, hearing the plastic crinkling.

"We will do everything in our power to make it not." Moon says grabbing Auster's arm.

"I can't... I can't lose my son too."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you're all have a great day!