Freeze (Logicality)

Date Published: Jan 16, 2018
Word Count: 1999
POV: 3rd Person

Patton, Roman, and Virgil are all sitting in the common space. The sat in various positions, with Roman stretched out on the couch, Patton sitting cross-legged on the lounger, and Virgil curled up on the floor, leaning back against the couch.

Thomas was out with his friends, Joan and Talyn, for a movie. The three traits had come to watch, observing through the television screen in the common space, which showed what Thomas saw. Logan was not with them, he was upstairs catching up on "work". Although none of the others were quite sure what work he was doing, they decided it was best not to argue with the logical trait.

After the movie had finished, and they were driving home, when Joan said they needed to stop to get gas. When they pulled up to the pump, Joan got out of the car, and Talyn slid out of the back seat.

"Where you going, Talyn?" Thomas called.

"To go get a slushie, this place has the best slushies. You wanna come?"

The view of the screen shook slightly as Thomas nodded, before he hopped out of the passenger side door. As he jogged up to Talyn, Talyn called back.

"You want one, Joan?"

"Sure!" Was Joan's reply.

Then, Thomas and Talyn walked into the gas station building.

Once inside, the traits watched as Talyn lead Thomas over to the far left corner of the room, where a slushie machine stood. They each grabbed a cup, with Talyn gripping a second one, for Joan, and began to fill them up with their flavour of choice.

Talyn got a Coca-Cola one, and a cream soda one for Joan, while Thomas filled up his with the Blue-Rasberry flavour.

While Patton, Roman, and Virgil commended his choice, they paid for their drinks.

Once Thomas and his friends were back in the car, happily sipping their slushies, with Thomas agreeing with how amazing they taste, the traits broke their focus on the screen.

Roman, Patton, and Virgil resumed discussing the movie, and it's plot, tuning out the similar discussion being held by Thomas and his friends. The traits continued chatting, until a groan from Thomas caused them to refocus on the screen in front of them.

"What's up, Thomas?" Joan asks, and they turn a corner.

Through the screen, Patton can see Thomas's hand fly up above his eyes, which Patton assumed meant he put it on his forehead.

"Ack, brain freeze!"

All of the colour drained from Patton's face.

Roman and Virgil looked up in surprise as Patton shot up from his seat on the lounger, and looked around frantically.

"Patton, what's wrong? Is everything alright?" Roman asked, gently and cautiously, as he watched the moral side's eyes widen and dart around the room, obviously loosing focus on his surroundings. Both the prince and Anxiety were alarmed by the fact that Patton was terrified, when nothing bad had happened.

"Pat...?" Virgil asked, when his friend didn't respond.

Still, Patton ignored them, before calling out, voice threaded with panic.