Chapter 24: Enlightment

Chresanto

“What the fuck yo, learn how to fucking drive” I yelled beeping the horn. “I swear we ain't never getting home” Jacob laughed. I didn’t even laugh I really wanted to get home. Once I dropped them home I sped home. I ran up the stairs and opened the door to see her washing the dishes I shut the door. She turned around “You scared me “she jumped and turned around. I didn’t say anything I just hugged her tightly closing my eyes. She looked down at me “Uhh aren’t you mad at me” she asked. I gently unwrapped myself from her waist. “About that we need to talk” I said walking and sitting on the stool she followed and sat next to me. I placed my hands on my face sighing.

“So much shit happened today I just had to get home to you” I said. She crossed her arms “Oh so you come to just tell me some drama and don’t think I forgot that you just left for 3 days “She pouted. “We'll talk about that later but I was playing basketball with my boys and I saw Marc and then all of a sudden niggas started shooting and we all ducked” I explained. She got up “OMG are you okay you don’t have any wombs or nothing”? She shouted checking me. I chuckled “No and then we got in a car and we almost got in a accident, what I'm saying is I don’t know what could of happened and I felt like that could of be me then I wouldn’t be here for you anymore. And life is too short to be not talking over petty shit we can talk about; Sooo I was wrong for leaving you alone for like three days I love you too much” I smiled grabbing her hand.

“Oh my god I wouldn’t even be able to live if I lost you” she sobbed hugging me tightly we rocked side to side. She let go of me “Chres I wanna apologize too I know I'm a very high maintenance and difficult woman and I never want to compromise with you but I'm willing to with you , It's not fair that sometimes and I know and I just really sat down today and realized all the shit you’ve done for me and I really appreciate you , you've helped me with my confidence, you came to my rescue twice, you stopped me from overdosing and you're just the full package you're the real mvp” she laughed making me laugh. “Aww you're so dumb come here” I laughed. She walked towards me and pulled her into a hug she looked up at me and gave me a peck on my lips. And then closed her eyes “Chres”? She said. “Huh”? I asked.

“We can adopt Tre , I never said we couldn’t maybe I could of said it in a better way I just figured this situation plus the wedding planning would be too much stress on you that's all” She explained my eyes widened I pulled her away from me so I can see her “For real”? I asked in excitement. “Yeah I don’t mind “She smiled I felt like a kid getting Halloween candy. I jumped up “Yes Yes I'll call him” I cheered. “Wait you want him over here tonight”? She asked biting her lip. I quickly hung up the phone “Oh you little freak” I laughed walking over to her I backed her against the wall. “Just for the record Miss Cori when you become Mrs. August just know that I wear the pants in the relationship and I'm the king up in here and you do as I say or you can get that act right everytime”I insured looking in her eyes with pure lust. She laughed pushing me away ‘Boy bye I'm not doing everything you say now “she laughed. I playfully pushed her back “Oh yes you will, you will bow down to me, the king” I said. “A queen only bows down to her king if the king bows to no one in his kingdom” she said walking off. I stood there for a second thinking hard at what she said “That was a good one” I said following her.

The Next Day…

I called Trevon but he wouldn’t answer I called the last time and he answered. “Hey coach” he said. “Hey Tre be ready in an hour I'm coming to get you” I said. “Okay” he said in excitement. I hung up and looked over at Cori lying in the bed “This is it “I said. She yawned “Yeah this is one big step two more to go “she cheered. “Awww I had my baby up all night “I laughed. She grabbed her pillow and hit me in the head. “Yeah whatever” She said. I got up mocking her “Ahh baby don’t stop “I laughed. She blushed “I don’t sound like that stawpppppp” she whined. “Go get Tremar”She insisted. “It's Trevon” I corrected her walking to the bathroom.

Cori

I plopped myself back on the bed and stared at the ceiling thinking here I am ready to adopt children and I can’t even handle that were about to take Tre in. Even though it won't happen over night just the thought of adapting to it will be weird. I feel like it I don’t know my life is really changing in front of my eyes and I'm getting nervous.

8 hours later

I was looking for my flash drive all around the house it was very important all of my files and papers were in it. I was going slightly crazy I heard the door open and in walked Chres and Tre behind him. “Hey honey” I smiled. Tre walked in with is adidas bags on his shoulder he looked around and looked up at me. “Oh hey Cori the last time I saw you was when you made those bomb ass shakes” he smiled. I laughed “Hey Tre and me remember you especially “I giggled. “Uhhh well since we’re moving soon uhh you can uh” he couldn’t get his words out. I laughed “Trey you can sleep on the couch it’s a pull out bed and you can place your bags over there” I said. Chres looked at me “It's a pull out bed I never knew that” he laughed. “Me either” I said. He walked over towards the door and placed his bags there “Who's flash drive is this “he said picking it up. “Oh my goodness it's mine I've been looking for it” I smiled grabbing it for him.

“So Tre for now you can crash here on the low, you know if the school finds out you stay here its gonna be a whole bunch of commotion” he sighed. “I got it coach and I appreciate it so much I swear Ms. Caroline couldn’t cook for anything she mixed hot dogs in mac and cheese it was discussing and she burnt water how you burn water coach “he laughed. I laughed at Tre he was so funny you wouldn’t think his mother just passed.

“Well you don’t have to worry about that I can cook well” I smiled. “Great because I haven’t eaten well in ages” he sighed. I frowned at his statement poor thing.

They're so cute but they needed that reminder

I hope she likes him they can't adopt him right now but at least he has somewhere to stay :)

The wedding is coming up soon ^_____^