Chapter 50: Opportunity Awaits !

1 Month Later

 I was on my way home from work, I know I'm not supposed to do anything but I needed to check on my employees this has been the longest time since I've been gone and the place was a wreck literally having me screaming inside. I folded half of the clothes placing them neatly because H&M can get really sloppy and I order Victoria to sweep up in there. Even though I'm a strict manager they were very happy to see me.  I pulled up home thinking Chres wouldn’t be there, he hates when I go out alone so I know I'm gonna hear from him. I closed the door slowly getting out of the car. I walked to the door and opened it  seeing Tre struggling doing his homework. I walked in taking off my wedges, “Hey Moms” He sighed.

“Hey Hun what are you doing? I asked coming behind.

“This algebra homework I don’t know where the numbers go” he sighed. I looked at his paper “You substitute the number in the variable, so 8 would replace the x, So X*4 is” I asked. “32” he answered. “Yayyy’! I clapped. “I get it now” he smiled. “Good, I'll be back in a minute” I said walking up the steps. I walked into the room looking for Chres but I didn’t see him. I looked outside to see him sitting outside on the balcony.  I slid the door to the side and he turned around with a blunt in his hand I grabbed it and threw over the balcony. “Well hello to you to miss” he said. “And bye to you Chres I swear this better not be a hobby or I'm out of here” I spat. He started to laugh “You not going no where girl, stop playing” he said. I walked away but stepped back down when I saw a red cup I picked that up too. “Oh you just turning up huh? I asked. “Damn Cori I'm just relaxing geeshhhh” he shouted. “No your starting to drink your problems away is what you're doing” I said walking in and shutting the door in his face. I sat on the edge of the bed taking off my shoes and I threw my blazer to the side. He came in and sat next me kissing my shoulder, I got up quickly and he leaned over. “What I do ma? He asked playing dumb.

“I took my skirt off throwing in the hamper as well and placed on some comfortable sweat pants. “Don't play dumb” I scoffed. He got and wrapped his arms around my stomach placing his chin on my shoulder. “I was just chillin, don’t worry it's not going to be a everyday thing” he said. I turned around “Please don’t let it be I don’t want you to be an alcoholic just talk to your da-

“IM NOT TALKING TO MY FUCKIN DAD” he shouted.

“Okay fine don’t talk to him just be fucked in the head forever” I said.

“What did you say? He asked.

“Nothing Chres, I didn’t say anything” I said lowly.

“Right, that's what I thought” he said walking off he went back outside and slammed the door. I pouted and sat on the bed until I heard my phone buzz it was a missed call. I played the voice mail.

“Hello, Ms.August this is Editor Gina Hill editor of Newyork Daze magazine and I am interested in putting you on the cover of our magazine. You and your husband Chresanto has been the talk around town for a while and I would love for you both to be on the cover of our magazine. I would also like to interview you personally Cori so please call back again my extension is 6060 Thank you”. I quickly walked in our closet going all the way in the back of it pulling out my thick binder of my clothing line ideas. I sat on the floor and started smiling while going through my book. I plan on naming my line Made in Chic for women of all sizes. I looked at my phone and called Gina back I waited for her to pick up and when she finally picked up my heart was beating fast this could be even a quicker start of making the rest of my dreams come true.

“Hello Gina, this is Cori August” I smiled.

“Hello Cori, I am so glad that you called back I've been interested in you for a while are you interested in this project? She asked. “Of Course I am, when can I come in for an interview? I asked.

“Is tomorrow at 12 too soon? She asked.

“No that's perfect” I said with excitement.

“Ok see you then”

“Okay thank you goodbye” I cheered hanging up the phone. If I weren’t pregnant I would be jumping up and down right now. Tre ran upstairs “Cori” he yelled out of breathe. “Yes, baby” I smiled. “Yasmin's family invited me over her house for dinner can I go, they said they would pick me up and bring me back? He asked. Chres came in “Back from what? He asked.

“Yasmin's parents inviting me over for dinner again can I go” he asked.

“Did you finish your homework? He asked.

“Yeah I did” he said breathing hard.

“Okay you can go” he smirked. “Thanks Dad” he ran out of the room. “They're here already” he yelled from downstairs. “Make sure you put on your jacket and keep your phone on” I yelled before he shut the door. It was an awkward silence in the room I didn’t mean to make him upset. “What's that? He asked looking down at my book. “It's a goal book I made like three years ago of my boutique and how's it gonna be” I smiled.

“Oh that's cool” he said laying back on the bed. “I'm sorry for what I said earlier, I'm just worried for you that's all” I explained. “It's fine, my bad for raising my voice” he apologizied looking at me and smiling. “It's fine” I smiled back. “Come here” he said.

“I can’t” I laughed. He started laughing getting up he walked over and slid the balcony over “It's hot in here” he said. He sat beside me looking through my book “You know I've never saw this book” he said looking through my pages. “I didn’t want anyone to see it but since you're my husband you can” I chucked. “Exactly, I'm your husband so I can have it my way” he smirked.

“Nigga this ain't burger king” I laughed placing the book down. I looked out at our view we could see the city view in our suburban neighborhood. “Baby, remember when we had our first anniversary on the deck? I asked.

“Hell yeah I was sore from practice and you were on so we weren’t in the mood” he said.

“Then you placed a mattress on the deck and lights and food it was so romantic”? I blushed.

“Want to sit out there”? He asked. He helped me up and we walked out and sat on the balcony watching the view. “It's crazy because we were way younger getting to know each other and now you're having my kids” he said holding my stomach.

“Awww and I know we were a hot mess we still kinda are but way better than before” I laughed.

“Yeah we are but hey that's just us” he said

“Chres I have some good news” I said

“What's that? He asked curiously.

“Umm okay so New York Daze called me they want an interview with me and they want us to be on the cover of their magazine, I have proof” I cheered replaying the voice mail.

“That's great baby, I'm proud of you, you're doing great things. Give me a hug “he cheered getting up. I got up and hugged him tightly. “We're gonna be the new power couple” he said kissing my forehead.

Yayyy Cori has a gig!

Chres you better talk to your dad

The Babies are almost HERE! J