Chapter 51: Meant To Be (Interview)

The Next Day

I was downstairs eating breakfast with Tre. He took one of my pancakes and I swear I was ready to attack him. “Give me y pancake sir”

“No, you have like 5 of them” he whined.

“So what and I'm gonna eat them all too, don’t trip off me boo” I said sticking my fork in his plate and taking my buttermilk pancake back. “That's crazy how you don’t want to share” he laughed. I grabbed my plate and playfully coughed on it. “I have a cold” I laughed. Chres came downstairs with a suit and tie on. “Good lord you look good” I smiled. He started smiling with his cocky self. “I try” he said kissing me. “Good morning Tre” he said.

“Morning OG, where are you going? “He asked.

“Yeah where are you going, you know the interview is today at 12” I stressed. He wrapped his arms around my waist. “I'll tell you what's going on at 12” he smiled. I looked up at him giving him an unsure look. “Okay, I'll see you there”

Later on that day

 I was in the car listening to some good music. “Will you come on” I yelled at the car in front of me. And there was a car beside me honking at me for the past 5 minutes. I let down my window and looked over to see Chres beside me. “You know I was honking for the last 5 minutes” he laughed. “I wasn’t even paying attention to you I was focusing on the road you know” I said yelling out of the window. “You look good in that car I got you” he winked. “Whatever” I winked driving up. We finally made it to the New York Daze Building. I parked to the side and a few minutes later Chres parked behind me. I watched him get out of the car and he walked over to my car and opened the door for me.

“Aww aren’t you nice” I said grabbing my purse. He shut the door and he held my hand while we walked in the building I was so nervous I didn’t know why but I was. We went on the elevator and it I became so excited. Although this is a local newspaper I still feel like a little celebrity because they're interested in me and Chres. There's also a lot of celebrities that live in Newyork so as soon as word gets around of my clothing line I'm all set. I knocked on the door and some really tall dark skin lady opened the door.

“Hello Mr. and Mrs. August how are you? She asked letting us in.

“Fine” we both answered in unison.

“Honey you are gorgeous, and you're definitely glowing” She smiled.

“And look at you all fancy in the suit and tie” She said. He didn’t say much he just smiled

“You look good as well” I smiled sitting on the couch.

“Well of course I brought you both here because we've been very interested in you for a while. You both are always on someone's instagram if you search power couple the whole tag is filled with you both and you have a lot of instagram followers.” She said.

“And we are both happy that you found interest in us” Chres said.

“You're welcome, well if you didn’t mind I would love to start this interviewing process” Gina cheered.

“Ok so tell me about yourself Cori?

“Well, I am 26 years old going on 27, I'm from Trenton, New Jersey. I am manager at H&M, I love traveling and I am very creative.

“How about you Chresanto?

“I am 27 years old, I'm from Compton, California and moved to New York when I was 6. I am a celebrity trainer and I'm also a coach of a basketball team.