Chapter 29: The Big Night (The Irony)

We both walked hand and hand down the church aisle. The doors opened and we happily walked down the steps as our family threw rice at us and cheered. Outside was a new white Chrysler 300 waiting for us with the just married decorations on the back. I opened the door for her and she got in. I then waved at my friends and family  and pulled off. I looked over at her and smiled “So how you feeling wife” I asked. “I can't believe were married, I'm so happy right now, things are finally coming through for me” she said. “Yeah I'm so happy right now you don’t understand “I said. “By the way I noticed it was a rose on one chair by Caleb but no one was sitting there I was wondering who was supposed to be there or what it was for” I asked. “I placed the rose there for your mom even though she wasn’t there she would be in spirit” she smiled. My eyes widened and I pulled over to the side of the road. “Awwww come here” I said. She came over and we hugged. “I love you so muchthat was very thoughtful, I appreciate it very much” I said I felt like I wanted to cry. “You're welcome baby and I love you more “she smiled letting go. I wiped my tear and got back in the lane.

______

“Okay everyone it is my honor privilege and pleasure to introduce the reason why we are all here today I would like to welcome Mr. and Mrs. Cori and Chresanto August”

Everyone clapped as we walked inside by  the hall we rented was big and it was nicely directed with my favorite colors red and black. I could see my dad and step mom shed tears of joy and Cori's mom in an emotional wreck in the corner. We got in position and did our first dance to of course our song.

Nothin' is promised, to me and you
So why will we let this thing go?
Baby I promise, that I'll stay true
Don't let nobody say it ain't so
Baby I promise
That I will never leave
That everything will be alright, I
I promise, these things to you
Girl just believe
I promise

We rotated slowly in circles staring into each other eyes. “Why you so quiet”? I asked a little concerned. “Ohh nothing I'm just speechless right now I can't believe were married it's everything I ever imagined” She said. “You look absolutely gorgeous tonight I'm so lucky to have you and I don’t plan on any divorces. We're in this for the long run” I said. “Yeah I don’t plan on any divorce that's not an option, plus I was thinking we should get matching tattoos “she cheered holding her hands around my neck. “I'd love that and of what I don’t think you ready for the ink life”? I joked. “Boy please don’t forget I have two tats” She said laughing. I loved that adorable laugh “And I got 8 so what you saying” I challenged her. “That's cuz you wanna be all extra creative and having and art book on ya damn chest” she said. “You just reminded me of why I married you” I smirked. She poked my chest “Anddd why is that Mr. August”? She asked. I gripped her tighter around by her waist and she pulled back a little. “Cuz you're so damn and funny and that mouth, that mouth get's you in trouble a lot I wonder how it's all gonna be since were married now” I said. ‘Yeah I wonder too” she chuckled. After our dance we sat at our table and had diner. Jacob tapped the glass with a spoon.

“Ummhmm uhhhhh I just wanna wish my 1st cousin Chres and his beautiful wife congratulations. Man I remember when we used to hit that club every weekend tryna get all the numbers, well me especially I was being super thirsty but it seemed like you were always looking for Mrs. Right someone that loved you and seen past your looks and flaws. And you finally found her so I am truly happy for you bro” he said lifting the glass. I grabbed the glass and she grabbed her glass we toasted but I noticed that she didn’t drink the champagne. “Why didn’t you take a sip” I asked. “Uhhh I have heart burn”She said. I could tell she was lying and even though it was our wedding I was getting a little irritated she's been acting a little weird today.