Chapter 34: Let Go

I got up from the bed and looked at the mirror I smiled to myself and turned on an angle rubbing my baby bump. What Chres and my friends been drilling in my head is finally getting to me. I need to have faith in myself and know that everything will be fine. As of now I will just hope for the best. I peeked over at my husband and stared at him I was just amazed at how good of a guy he is to me, even with all the arguments we had and things we went through he's still here and he uplifts me all the time I was definitely sinking it in. I turned back around in looked in the mirror

“Hey babies” I smiled whispering to myself I didn’t want Chres to hear me talking to my unborn children. “I'm your mother and yes I'm a little crazy but I promise I will love you with all of my heart and nourish you, provide for you , watch your first step, make sure that you know how to treat a woman and I'll be at all of your games, spelling bees, and ceremonies. I just want to let you know that you will have a great father he's gonna teach you how to fight, how to fix your tie, teach you how to drive, make sure you get the ladies and how to treat them. Most likely you're gonna have to join a sport I won’t be able to get you out of that one with your drill sergeant daddy sorry but I'll try.” I chuckled. “Just know that you both will be happy and safe my Chance and Carmelo I love you so much” I said smiling to myself. I felt weird that I just talked to my sons but I felt a connection this morning.

“And I love those names” Chres said waking me up. I jumped up “Oh my goodness you scared me, you heard everything didn’t you” I asked blushing. He got up walking towards me and wrapping his hands around my waist “Yes I did and I thought it was beautiful, but what about the middle names” he asked. “I was thinking we just give them half of your long ass name” I joked. “Like Chance Romelo August and Carmelo Lorenzo August” I cheered. “That's tough I like that, they sound like serious names like they belong in the mafia “he said nodding his up and down. “Oh hell no, no mafia's over here” I shouted. “Yeah I know I know, but you didn’t have to call me a drill sergeant” he laughed.  I paused “I mean you do act like one you be too hard on those boys especially Trevon” I argued. “Well Trevon needs someone to be hard on plus we only lost one game so I want to keep it that way” he said.

“Yeah I understand but at the same time they have school practice is from 3-9 the boys don’t get home until like 10 they have to eat and finish up in school and you never know about their personal lives one of them may have to watch siblings and take care of them too” I explained. He unwrapped his hands from my waist and went to the bathroom. “Well then they shouldn’t join the team they knew what they were signing up too” he said. I followed him “Yeah but you know no teenage boy is gonna turn down basketball even if it hurts. I mean you would think you would cut the boys some slack because I remember you crying home complaining because your coach over worked you plus this isn’t the NBA Chres “I laughed grabbing my toothbrush.

“Ok I'll make practice over 20 minutes earlier”

“Chres” I pouted placing my hand on my hip

“Ok 30”

“Ok and hour fine it'll be 3 to 8 are you happy mom” he joked brushing his teeth.

“Yup”

“I bet Trevon put you up to this”

“No well he complained and I told him I'd see what I can do” I smirked. “Ummhm I just think it's crazy how his dad just took him like that” he sighed shaving his mustache. “I know baby but he'll be back sooner than later and then you talk to him” I said. “I'm starting not to care anymore honestly” he admitted. “Don't say that you're just disappointed in him that's all I just think he's acting out because of his mother” I said his eyes widened. “Yo I never thought of it that way baby oh my gosh you're so smart” he gave me a peck on the cheek. “I gotta get dressed” he said in a rush. “Okay Okay” I giggled walking back into the room. I heard my phone ring I picked it up and it was Paris.