Chapter 43: Couples Therapy

The Next Day…

I opened the nursery room and looked at the pile of gifts we received for the babies. It's crazy because we both never got to open due to me being mad at him and our argument last night. I honestly don’t even want to see his face but then I do. I haven’t talked to him all week basically despite the fight and I'm just trained. I carefully sat on the floor and started going through gifts. I grabbed the biggest box ripping off the paper I turned it around to see a double blue stroller. “Aww this is so cute” I smiled looking at it. I then grabbed the bag next to me taking the tissue paper out of it and pulled out a Johnsons Johnson's bath set and a  $100 dollar baby r us gift card. I heard the door open and figured it was Tre since he's been outside with his friends up the street. That's all he does since he's not on the team anymore he can only go to school and he has to go to summer school since he ditched 2 months of school. I then opened the bag to the left and sorted through it. “Tre can you stop making all of that noise” I shouted not realizing it was Chres. “Oh hey” I said looking back down at the card. “I see you're going though the gifts” he said. “Ummhmmm” I said not giving him much attention. “I came to get some of my things Imma be at Trey's house for a few days” He said. “K” I said looking through these piles of gifts. If I would look at him I know I would get emotional. He looked at me one more time and then walked to our room.

Chresanto…

It's so tense between us it 's so uncomfortable I know we said some things well especially me that we didn’t mean but I think it’s best if we just cool down for a second. I need a breather and I'm not getting it by her constantly nagging and giving me the silent treatment all at once. I grabbed my Nike bag and threw a few of my clothes and hygiene products in there.  I walked out of the room past the hall “Ard I'm gone” I said. “See ya” She said dryly. I rolled my eyes and threw my bag on the floor I walked back in the room sat next to her and started opening the gifts. I looked through some of these bags realizing that we got a lot of gifts. I pulled out a set of pants. ‘’Where does this go? I asked. She grabbed it from my hand folding it and adding it to the pile. “Are you going to my dad's house for dinner? I asked. I didn’t want to talk just as bad as she. “No, I'm not really hungry? She said. I got up and just walked out I couldn’t take this. I called my dad telling him that I'm on his way. “Tre” I called. “Y-yeah” he screamed from down the basement. “Are you coming or no”? I asked. He came up the steps out of breath “Yeah is Cori coming” he asked. I looked upstairs “No she's not coming” I said. He opened the door and we both began to leave.

Cori

I continued to finish organizing the nursery the only thing we had to do left is paint it blue and yellow. I looked over at the two cribs and figured how I was gonna put it together. I damn sure wasn’t going to ask Chres like they should have been up and ready. I felt a poke at my belly and looked down I could feel them kicking and I was super excited, I almost wanted to cry. “Hey Chance and Carmelo” I cheered feeling them poke me it was almost as if they were communicating with me. I heard a knock on the door and my phone ring at the same time. “I wonder who that could be” I said walking down the steps. I looked out the peep hole to see Jacob. I quickly opened the door I wanted to curse him out but what use what that make. “Hey Jacob” I greeted. “Hey Cori” he said twiddling his thumbs. “Can I come in? He asked. I opened the door completely gesturing him to come in. I closed the door behind him and he sat on the kitchen stool.