Chapter 53: Glory

The Next Day

February 14th, 2014

11:00 am

I was in labor fighting the pain everyone had left not too long ago but promised to be back. I was up with frizzy poufy hair and looked over at Chres sleep I instantly became mad because he's over here sleep while I'm in pain. I hit him real hard “GET UP” I yelled holding my stomach. He jumped up “Baby are you okay? He asked rubbing his arm.

“Yeah I'm doing real fine Chres real fine” I said breathing hard. My second nurse Ava came in rubbing her hands in turning on the light. “Good morning Mommy” She smiled. “Hey” I said. “What's your pain levels 1-10”? She asked.

“Umm like an 8” I said. “Are you sure you don’t want an epidural? She asked. I thought and thought about and although I didn’t want it I couldn’t endure it anymore. “YES PLEASE” I begged. Shortly a doctor came in with the medication. Chres left for a second and I didn’t know where he went but I hopped he'd be back shortly. I felt her lift up the back of my gown and injected with me with the long needle. Once she was done I laid back down and began to feel numb. I was just chilling now waiting to deliver these kids, I saw my dad come in with a camera on record.

“Look at my baby having my little grandchildren, is there anything you wanna say? He smiled. I waved at the camera “Hi daddy and yes ummm I just got an epidural and I feel ten times better I’m just ready to deliver” I said. As soon as I was finished talking to my dad and the camera Chres came in with balloons and a teddy bear “Awwwww” I smiled. “Happy Valentine's Day Baby” he said giving me a peck on the cheek. “Happy Valentine's Day” I smiled holding the bear. “Aww aren't you guys just the cutest” My dad smiled still recording. The energy was really great now that I've been induced I feel fine and I know I'm not acting like a snob anymore.  A group of nurses came in “Okay Cori are you ready to do some practice pushing? They asked. I looked over at my friends and they left out for the moment. “Okay on three you're going to push okay” she directed me and I nodded my head.

“1, 2, 3 push” they shouted. I started pushing as hard as I could out of breath I laid my head back.

“You're doing good Cori they're gonna be coming out in no time” Susan said.

“Okay again”

“1, 2, 3….. Push

I started pushing in pain.

“One more time you're doing good Cori” they all said. Chres held my hand “Come on let's get this money team out of here” he joked. I laughed pushing again “Ughhhhhhhhhh” I screamed taking a short breath. “Okay let's come back in the next hour” the doctor said getting up. I laid back taking a sip of my ice water. “Come on guys come out you're killing your momma”Chres said.

“Yes you are come on” I begged.

12:15 pm afternoon

1 Hour Later

It was time the pain was unbearable the epidural literally only lasted for an hour but at least I got an hour of relief. Chres dad and step mother finally came in, Chres gave his dad a funny look and I looked over at him funny I hope I didn’t miss anything maybe it's nothing. The nurses came in and it was time.

“Ughhhhh” I screamed holding my breath. I was sweating bullets.