Chapter 39: Paranoid

2 months later….

“No no no” I screamed on the hospital bed. I cried and cried I couldn’t believe this was happening again. “There gone” I screamed moving left and right on the bed while the nurses tried to restrain me. Chres didn’t say anything he just watched speechless. They used a tranquilizer and injected me with it until I blacked out.

I jumped up in a sweat “No” I shouted looking around realizing it was just a dream and I was in our bedroom. I looked down at my stomach to see that I was very much still pregnant. I hated having dreams like this; it really messes with my emotions. I smelled the aroma of breakfast downstairs and I figured Chres was cooking. I wobbled towards the bathroom and turned on the sink. I grabbed my toothbrush and began brushing my teeth. Once I was done brushing and washing my face, I carefully walked down the steps gripping on the railing. I peeped him with his shirt off cooking breakfast. I imagined all the things we could do but I think its best if we don’t. I snuck behind him and wrapped my hands around his waist and laying my head on his caramel, muscular back. “Good morning baby” I smiled closing my eyes. “Good morning bumpkin” he said. I got off of him “Eww stop calling me that? I whined. He laughed scraping the eggs off the pan.

“But I love calling you that, you’re just so cute, are you excited for the baby shower tomorrow? He asked. “Yes, I'm very excited I just can’t wait” I cheered grabbing a cup from the cabinet. He grabbed the juice and poured it in my cup. “Thanks babe” I smiled taking a sip. I tried placing the cup down but he quickly turned around knocking the grape juice on my tank top by accident.

“Oh my gosh Chres” I shouted. “My bad baby lemme help you take it off” he said biting his lip. I rolled my eyes taking off this soaking wet tank leaving me with nothing on but a bra and my pajama shorts. He gently lifted me on the counter and we started making out the kiss got deeper he was really tonguing me down. So I pushed him off. “Chres no” I said catching a breather. He sucked his teeth “Oh my gosh you never want to have sex, it's been like forever” he said getting irritated. “I just think it's best if we don’t” I explained hoping he would understand where I was coming from. “You know what, that's cool” he said grabbing his phone and walking towards the door. “Really Chres, Really”? I scoffed hearing him close the door.

Later that Day

My cousin Sydney and I stopped by Lisa's house to check on her. I knocked on the door waiting for her to answer. She quickly opened the door and I could smell her good cooking in the air. “Heyyyy mommy” she smiled looking down at me. “You've gotten so big” she said. “I know how you are honey” I asked bringing her into a big hug. “I'm… I'm okay” she hesitated.  I let go of her and walked towards the couch. As Syd and her were talking. “Is that my taco dip you're making”? I asked knowing what the answer was. “Indeed it is I even made you a little dish so you could have now” she chuckled taking it out. I jumped up “Yassssss I was getting lunchy too” I grabbed a Tostitos chip taking a bite. “This is so good” I smiled indulging.

“So I see your face is clearing up really well how you feeling? Sydney asked.

“I feel alright... I don't know, Terrance got beat up by Raquan not too long ago but like how did he find out” she asked. Sydney looked over at me and I didn’t say anything. “So where is Terrance hmm? I asked. She went to the sink and washed her hands. “We don’t live together anymore he stays with his friend and he actually apologized to me and everything he brings me flowers and he promised not to do again so I'm debating if he should come back for the sake of Kobe and possibly our second child” She explained.