Chapter 22: Consideration

We were both on our computers scrolling on websites looking for houses. I felt like everything was moving so fast. Just the other day we were  at Toni's wedding being shy around each other and now it's my turn. It's finally my turn ,I watched all my cousins and friends have their spotlight and I could never have mine because my heath always got in the way. It's finally my turn I took another sip of my tea. “You find anything”? He asked. “No not really I think we should just go out and look out” I said.

“You want to look around today”? He asked. I held my stomach “No not today I think I have food poisoning or something, I knew we shouldn’t went to that Indian restaurant yesterday” I said. “What? We needed to try something different” he laughed. “Yeah well now my stomach is doing flips” I laughed. “You owe me a ginger ale” I laughed. “Ard I'll get you one before I leave out” he said flipping through the mail. He stared at one particular letter and looked up at me. “What's this”? He asked flipping the envelope over so I can see it. “Oh I was looking at some adoption agencies” I nervously said. “Soooo when were you gonna tell me this don't I have some say in this? He said getting a little upset.

“Yeah I was gonna tell you and it was just a brochure” I said innocently. He turned his laptop off and began to get up. “This is too much right now I have to get ready for a game later so I'll see you later” he said getting up heading towards the bathroom. I opened the envelope and stared at the brochure for the longest I threw it to the side. And placed my hands on my face. “Ughhhh this is too much” I sighed.

_____

Once he was done getting dressed  he was ready to walk out the door. “Wait”? I stopped him I grabbed his tie and fixed it. “You know your tie is all over the place” I laughed fixing it but he didn’t say much. “Thanks, I'll see you later” he said closing the door. When he left I knew it was time for me to get ready for work also even though I wasn’t up for it.

Chresanto

I stood there watching my boys play even Trevon played despite the tragedy of his mother. I called for a time out and pulled him to the side. “Aye Tre you don’t have to play tonight if you don’t want to “I suggested patting his back. “No coach I'm alright” he said taking a sip of his Gatorade. I was on the edge of my seat “Brian pass the damn ball quit being a hog” I yelled. The game was 35 to 30 we were almost there I needed them to win. After the game I sat outside with Tre I didn’t know what to do or what he was feeling. “Sorry we didn’t win coach” he sighed. “It's alright we can't win every game but I do applaud you, even with this whole situation you still went out there and played” I cheered. Damain game outside “Aye Tre my mom said she'll be here in like 2 minutes come on” he said. But Tre didn’t get up he didn’t want to go home with Damian. “Coach I don’t wanna go home with them, Damian's mom can’t cook and its uncomfortable there” he sighed. “Is there any other family member’s house you can stay at” I asked. “Besides my dad and I refuse to live with them, I heard they were a bunch of bums just like my dad” he snapped. “Hmmm, Well go home with Damian tonight and I'll try to figure some living arrangements out for you” I explained. He dapped me up “Thanks coach” he sighed getting in the car and pulling off.

When I came home I could smell the aroma of some good cooking coming my way. “Umm what's that? I asked. She just turned around “Just some spaghetti you want some”? She asked. “You know I do” I smiled. She made her plate and then mine handing it to me. “Here you go “she said placing the plate in front of me. “We need to finish talking”? I insisted. “Yeah sure “she sighed turning her fork. “Where do you wanna move, I was thinking upstate newyork or like east river” he said. “Ehh not fond of those too I was thinking Tribecca, Queens, or Central Park” she said. “So what is Trevon gonna do? She asked. I sighed I don’t know he doesn’t really know his other side of his family. They don’t seem to show interest so I was thinking he could stay with us I wouldn’t mind adopting him or something like that” he said. I watched her eyes widened “Adopt him, don’t you think that sounds a little crazy? She asked. I cleared my throat trying to process what she just said.

“What do you mean that sounds crazy? I asked getting highly irritated. “I'm just saying you can’t just scoop him up thinking you can adopt him so fast it's damn near impossible especially since you’re not an immediate family member” she said. I stabbed my fork in my spaghetti harder. “Soooo what you're saying is you can adopt some random child but when I want to take in someone I care for it’s a problem all of a sudden” I snapped. “Well we don’t even know him like that plus there is so much going on right now do you really want to add all of stress on you” she asked.  “You're really being really inconsiderate and difficult right now” I expressed.

“How, I'm just say-“No you're just being difficult lately “I say let's go look for some houses today you say no, I say how about we move upstate you say queens, I say Pepsi you say coke, I mean damn I can't win” I shouted placing my hands up in defeat. I got up and took my plate to the sink leaving her there to think. She got up and walked next to me “Well I'm sorry for being difficult I just know what I want and don't want” she explained.  I turned around “That's the thing Cori you're so selfish it’s all about you, you, you, you don’t like this, you don’t want this, I cater to you on a daily and I do just about everything you've asked but, it seems like I get nothing in return” I said slamming my hands on the sink making her jump.

“Chres don't yell” she said calmly. I washed my hands wiped my hands on a paper towel. “Do whatever you want” I grabbed my keys and phone and walked out the door.

Do you think Chres is over reacting? I think Cori is a little selfish everything does revolve around her most of the time. But she was telling the truth about adopting  Trevon

Like & Comment