Chapter 45: Mishap

I felt him place his hands around my eyes. I was so excited to see what the surprise was “Okay on three I want you to open your eyes” he said. I nodded my head.

“1,…..2,…..3” he cheered removing his hands from my face. I opened my eyes and was shocked. “Aww you finished the nursery, this is nice” I smiled walking through the room the colors were fully painted. The two cribs and the rocking chair. “How did you finish it”? I asked. “Ehhh while you were with your mom Jacob and I finished painting it plus you're not supposed to be inhaling strong fumes like that” he explained. “You're right” I said pulling him into a hug. I looked up at him and pecked him on the cheek. I felt a kick to my stomach “Sheeshhhhhh twins” I chuckled. He looked down “What? He asked. “They're kicking” I blushed. His eyes widened in excitement “Forreal? He bent down and placed his ears to my stomach and I started to laugh. “You can’t hear them” I laughed.

“Hi little ones it's your daddy” he said.

“ You guys are gonna be on the all stars team, and you're gonna be heartbreakers and charming and I'm gonna teach you how to fight when needed and how to be a man and you're gonna get to meet your crazy mother” he laughed looking up at me. “Very funny” I blushed. It's crazy how he can still make me have butterflies in my stomach and we've been together for a minute. He started rubbing my stomach and planted a kiss. “I love you” he said. He got back up “And I love you” he smiled kissing my cheek. “I love you more” I said looking at the wall. “Awww you put their names up” I asked. “Actually Tre did, he painted them on there” he explained.

“I forgot how talented he was where he is actually” I asked. “He's at school” he laughed. “Oh yeah I forgot that quickly, I'm losing it” I said. “You know it's almost time to sign those papers so we can have him officially under our custody” he cheered. “I know I'm excited as well”.

I felt my phone ring and it was my father I picked it up “Hey Daddy” I asked.

“Hey baby girl” he said weakly.

“What's wrong? I asked.

“Nothing hun just a cold but I need you to come over here we need to talk as soon as possible” he said. “Okay I'll be over there shortly” I said

“Ok see you then bye”

“Bye” I hung up the phone. “Who was that? Chres asked. “It's my dad he doesn’t sound well so I'm going to go over there and see him for a while” I said. “Okay want me to take you” he offered. “No I'm fine babe thanks” I smiled. I could tell he could see that I was worried but I'll be fine. “Okay I'll be back soon” I said closing the door.

When arrived to his house he was laying in the bed. Christina and her mother had a worried look on their face. “Hey sissy” I smiled. “Hey sis” She pulled me into a hug. “Hey pops” I smiled kissing his cheek.

“Hey Cori” he said coughing. “Umm Christina and Michelle give me some alone time with Cori please” he asked. They nodded and got up leaving the room. “What's wrong dad, what's going on? I asked. He sighed “I'm going to be honest with you Hun, your father has been very sick for a while and I didn’t want to tell you especially while we were pregnant” he said.

“What kind of sick like sickle cell or lupus you know it's in our genes but I had to be the one to catch it” I said trying to lighten up the situation. He started coughing again “No honey I have cancer” he said.

“I'm on chemotherapy now and my doctors are doing their best to keep me comfortable I don’t know when my time is up but I thought you should know” he said taking his cap off his head. I could hear Christina crying from the other room.

“Noo you can’t have it” I said trying to hold in my tears. “W           e just started to build our relationship back and for once in my life I am happy you can’t leave me know” I sobbed.

“What about your grand kids, what about me dad? I cried. “I've lost you for so long I don’t want you to leave me permanently” I cried.

“I know baby, I know it's going to be rough but I promise I'll get through it you know we are fighters in our family and as long as you're fighting, I'm fighting” he smiled. I sat on the bed next to him and pulled him into a hug. “Daddy please don't go” I cried hugging him tightly.

“I promise you I won't” he said weakly.

Later that Night

It was around 10 at night and I walked in the house to see Chres watching TV. When I shut the door he turned around. And I walked upstairs I went into the bathroom turned on the shower I stripped all of my clothes and got in. I started to bathe unto everything hit me. I didn’t want to lose my dad because we just gained a relationship again all of those times that he reached out to me and I would give him the cold shoulder played in mind. Secondly Chres lost his mother and that still till this day effects him and I don’t want that to happen to me. I'm already stressed already. I busted out crying again. I sat on the bottom of the shower and just let the water splash me all over. It had to be for an hour and I heard the door knock.

“Baby you okay? He asked.

“Yeah, I'm fine I'll be out in a second” I said. I turned off the shower got out and wrapped myself with the towel. Wiping myself off, I opened the door and quickly placed on some sleeping wear and shirt. I got in the bed and laid there. Chres came back upstairs and got in the bed and laid with me. He knew something was wrong that's how well he knows me. “Wanna talk about it? He asked. I shaked my head and started crying again I placed the pillow on my face and was balling.

“What's wrong baby? He asked taking the pillow off my face I placed my hands on face.

“Is it me did I do something? He asked. I shaked my head and continued crying. He got over me “Come on Cori I hate to see you cry, talk to me? He begged.

“My, My dad he has, he has cancer” I stuttered. His eyes widened and he got up “Oh man Cori I'm sorry to hear that” he said.

“Imma give you some time to yourself okay baby” he said getting up. I nodded my head letting him know I appreciated him giving me space. I swear it's always something.

Like & Comment

What ya'll think?

:(