Chapter 37: Slow Down

I sat on the bench with my bros waiting to get bail. So much was running through my mind I felt dumb for going. If I would of just went home after the bar night everything would have been fine. But then again I would have gotten a call telling me that my wife has gotten assaulted. I never thought that I would bring so much drama into our lives. I know I'm attractive and all but these women and mostly my exes bash Cori so badly I guess it's because they're jealous. Sometimes I feel bad because no one should go through that; especially her even, when I tell the women to back off they don’t listen. So now I'm just filled with guilt and unsureness.

“Chresanto August” I heard and officer call my name unlocking the doors. I quickly jumped up and looked over at my bros. Rayan was sleep and Jacob was up furious. “Ard cuz I'll see you when you get out just call me” I said dapping him up. I quickly walked out of the gate and followed the female officer to the lobby there I saw my father. “Wassup pops” I cheered hugging him. “How you feeling son”? He asked. “I don’t know just ready to get in shower” I laughed. “I believe this belongs to you” the officer smiled handing me my possessions. I grabbed them thanking her as we made our way to his truck. The car ride home was kind of quiet until he noticed.

“What's wrong”? He asked.

“It's nothing really just tired that's all”

“Come on now you can talk to your dad, plus I want to know what really happened” he begged. I placed my head back and closed my eyes. “It all started at the sports bar, I was with the usual squad and Jacob had an idea for us to spy on our girls just to see how they act in the club or events when where not visible you know”

“Yeah but why would you spy that's kind of childish, actually it is”

“I know when I think of it, it is... I knew Cori wasn’t doing anything I had complete faith in her but I didn’t want to back down so I just went, so basically we were watching them have fun except wifey because you know she's prego. So she wasn’t having fun so I talked to her. Then I left for like 5 minutes came back and she's swinging at this girl, because she was talking a bunch of garbage.”

“That child stays fighting man I swear that's all ya'll do, you guys are made for each other” he joked. I chuckled a little bit just to make myself feel better. “So I pull her outside she laying me out I'm trying to play cool then all of a sudden my ex tries to hit Cori with a bottle and I quickly moved her to the side and punched the girl and I feel bad but then I don’t” I explained.

“You know you're not supposed to hit a woman but at the same time she tried to attack your wife so you had to protect her and your child. I honestly think both of ya'll need to slow down on the fast life. When you're married you have to do married couple things not clubbing all the time find something new to do”

“Like what” I asked

“ I don’t know be creative you guys are still really young so maybe the park, concerts, bike riding, camping, panting, and walks anything besides the club”

“True well have to look into that so how was she last night”? I asked worried. He looked over at me and chuckled “A hot mess she wouldn’t change eat or anything she's worried sick and throwing up all over the place but before I left she was fine” he explained.

“I kinda feel bad that it's always my exes that mess with her I tell them to stop but they don't hear me I don’t want to stress her to death”

“Hmm just keep her away from the drama and continue to take care of her you'll be fine son see my wife didn’t leave yet” he giggled and stopped the car. “Alright pops thanks for the bail I'll call you later” I said waving at him pull off. Once he pulled off I walked into the house placing my keys down. “CORI” I yelled. “Baby I'm home” I shouted hoping she would hear me. I walked into the living room to see her stretched out on the sofa sleep. She still had on her tight dress and heels with freezy hair. I sat down besides and tapped at her taking her heels off. “Honey” I called. She slowly opened her eyes and once she saw me she jumped up. “Baby, Oh my gosh you're home, I was worried sick this is my entire fault” she said hugging me tight. I hugged her tight “It's only been like 8 hours” I laughed. She pulled away “I don’t care if it was an hour no one wants their loved one in jail” She pouted crossing her arms. “You know I wasn’t gonna leave you girl” he said making his way upstairs.

Cori

I had to stop him he had no idea Tre was home or what happened to him. “Wait umm Tre is here he's sleep” I said nervously I didn’t know how he would react. “What? He turned around “What is he doing here? He asked raising his voice. “He came last night” I explained. He walked quickly upstairs to his room. He opened the door “Tre you gotta-“ he had a look of worry and sadness on his face “What happened? He whispered. “He got jumped” I sighed running my hands through my hair. He closed the door “I'll talk to him when he wakes up” he sighed walking to the bedroom. “I knew that would happen to him, I knew he would have to learn” he pouted taking of his Jordan’s and throwing them on the floor.

“I know he apologized to me last night, he came in here crying and everything his face looks horrible” I explained. “Man too much is going on you always got hurt last night I got arrested   man it’s always something” he argued. I walked over and rubbed his back “Well it’s not your fault if anything it's mine I'm always fighting and I could of left matter of fact I should of just listened to you and not go” I sighed.

“No, No Baby don’t blame yourself we were just at a bad place at the wrong time and I feel bad it seems like my exes and girls that like me always find a way to put you down because of jealously and I'm sorry you have to go through that babe” he said pulling my hand down so I could sit next to him. I didn’t say anything I didn’t know what to say. “I love you so much I don’t care what anyone says you're my soul mate and now your bout to have my children and I'm just the happiness man on earth baby” he cheered rubbing my belly I looked down at how bigger I got I swear it happened over night. He lifted my dress up and I helped him take it off. He smiled looking at my breast and poking them. I gave him kiss that turned into a deep make out session he got on top off me and started kissing his way down to my stomach. “Hey guys” he laughed placing his ear by my belly. “I’m your daddy and this is your crazy momma you'll definitely have fighting in your genes” he joked. I heard my cell phone ring and I picked it up to hear Toni crying.

“Toni what's wrong? I asked getting up.

“Lisa- Lisa… she's in the hospital” She cried. “Babe what's wrong? He asked. I put the phone on speaker so he could hear.

“What's wrong with Lisa? I asked I could feel myself starting to cry.

“They won't tell us why I'm so scared” She sobbed. “Ohh my god” I placed my hands on my face. This is entirely too much to take in.

Yayy! He's home and his dad was right maybe they do need to do married couple things and take a chill pill lol

What do ya'll think happened to Lisa? Guess?

Like & Comment