Chapter 38: Love Is Blind

We quickly arrived to the hospital and I went to the receptionist. “I'm looking for Lisa Scott”? I asked. She looked through the computer and handed me and Chres a visitor band. She's in room 109 4th floor” She said. I walked quickly down the hall to the elevator I didn’t care that I was leaving Chres all I cared about was my best friend. “Hold the elevator” I shouted running into it. I twiddled my thumbs as I watched the glass elevator go up each level. Once it I saw level 4 I stormed out of the elevators looking for the waiting room. “CORI” I heard Toni scream my name. “Toni what happened”? I asked beginning to cry. I saw Chres come out of the elevator and met me over. “It's not looking good” She sobbed. “What's not looking good tell me? I screamed.

“She's beaten up badly” Toni cried. “I gotta see her” I pleaded. Chres held my hands while Toni walked me to her room. When I came I almost didn’t recognize her, her face was swollen with cuts and bruises with an oxygen mask on her. “What the hell happened to her”? I asked. “It was Terrance he beat her up” She said. I felt myself began to feel sick I was literally disgusted. “Baby maybe you should step out for a second” he insisted. I listened and stepped out in the hall. “This shit is so crazy” I cried.

“Why would she go back to that fool why would she put herself through that”? I asked. “I don’t know honey I'm sad this had to happen to her he's a fuck boy for that shit man. He aint nothing he's a coward” Chres said. “I swear to god if he were here man” I shouted. “What was you gonna do Cori”? He asked. “ He would of got cursed out that's what I would of done” I shouted at him pacing back and forth. “And then he would of gotten crazy with you and then I would have to fight so just calm down” I scoffed.

“Oh my goodness this isn’t happening I tried so hard to help her. Even when we were little I always looked out for her because she had no type of back bone. Her mom was barely home to protect her and her dad was a piece of shit. So she never had any type of guidance and then that night she….she came running to my house because she got raped. I couldn’t believe it, I felt so responsible I was like her big sister and I felt like a complete failure that I abandoned her. It's so sad and I'm so hurt……….I'm so hurt that she doesn’t know her self- worth. She continues to let these men treat her any type of way thinking that it's love when it's not. Now look at her in the hospital fighting to make it” I cried. He gave me a hug holding me tight. We walked back to the lobby.

“Please don’t worry everything will be alright it's in god's hands” he said rubbing my back. I wanted Terrance to pay and I wanted him to pay bad I knew there was one person I had to call and that was Raquan. I let go of Chres “Baby just give me sometime alone to think okay” I said rubbing his face. “Okay Imma talk to Jacob” he said walking over. “Toni” I called. She got up and walked over to me. “Yeah” She asked. “Just come with me I have to ask you something? We both walked down the hall towards the café. “Toni please tell me you have Ryan's number or know someone that has his number”? I begged. She looked at me like I was crazy “You want your ex's number? She asked. “Not like that okay remember Raquan”? I asked

“Yeah Ryan's ex best friend” She said. “Okay so basically Chres told me yesterday that Raquan was going off  at the bar when he found out Lisa was getting abused by her boyfriend and you know they had a little thing for each other , you know he always liked her but never showed it” I explained.

“Oh yeah so we could tell him and then Raquan can like beat him up or something” Toni said. “Oh my gosh that's what I'm saying only thing is how are we gonna find out where he lives and stuff” I asked. She jumped up excitedly for the moment “I can ask my husband since he was with him at the bar” She said. “Okay plan” We both walked back to the lobby and I could see the sadness on little Kobe's face. He was sitting on Chresanto's lap and when he saw me he ran over to me.

“Cece” Is what he calls me I don’t know why he just does that was the first thing he called me when he started to talk. I bent down to him “Hi big boy? I asked giving him a hug. “I want my mommy” he sobbed. “I know baby but she has to get better” I frowned I hated to see kids upset especially when they don’t understand what's going on. “Kobes go back with your uncle and I'll be back okay” I said he nodded his head and walked back over to Chres. I slowly backed to her room and saw her sleeping. I sat on the edge of her bed.

“Come on Lisa wake up we need you, your son needs you, and I need you” I cried.

Chresanto

I left Cori at the hospital I needed to finally talk to Tre I wanted to know what happened and I was still debating if he she leave or stay. I opened the door and walked upstairs I heard the television on his room. I opened the door and he quickly jumped up. “Uh hey” he said nervously. I didn’t say anything I turned the television off and walked towards the bed and sat next to him. “What happened”? I asked not looking at him. He bent his head down and sighed “I got jumped” he said. “And why is that? I asked. He sucked his teeth “Man cuz I got robbed and then I got jumped” he explained. I shook my head “So what are you gonna do now? I asked. “I don’t know coach I mean… I don’t even know what to call you now” he said. “Just call me Chres” I said strictly.

I took his rag and went back downstairs to fill it up with ice. I came back upstairs and handed it to him. “Here place that on your face and uhh Tre I don’t know where you're gonna go” I said bluntly. His eyes widened. “Coach – Chres I can’t do this no more I don’t want to sell anymore it isn’t for me” he whined.

I stood against the wall “And why is that, is it because you got jumped and it shook you because I feel like the only reason you don’t want to sell anymore because you got jumped if you didn’t get jumped you would still be selling” I said. He didn’t say anything.

“I miss the team, I miss school I miss ya'll” he sobbed. But I wasn’t buying it yet. “But where not your family Tre we can’t tell you what to do you're grown. You can do whatever you want” I hollered.

“I was just being dumb I never meant it” he said. “Tre I tried to stop you I told you that wasn’t the life for you because I used to do it” I explained. He was shocked “You used to sell”? He asked surprised. “Yup 18-20 I just wanted my own money just like you, my family was struggling at the time. So I needed to help them ; I was associated with this gang and my friend was in it. He didn’t pressure me to be in it but, he gave me the opportunity well the offer to sell and I did it. I had guns and I would sell at other's people houses… OTHER PEOPLE'S HOUSES” I exaggerated. “So then one day I was in the car with him and all of a sudden he got shot and that could have been me so what I was trying to tell you, If you wanted things I would get them for you. You would just have to work for it.

“Wow I never knew that coach” he sighed. “Yeah I barely tell people because it's my past but yeah I could have been in the grave. So after that I had to start changing. That's exactly why you're face is beat up when your selling you can’t just mess with someone's money and then apologize it doesn’t work like that you're lucky you didn’t get killed” I argued.

“I know I feel dumb and what am I'm gonna do with school”? He asked looking at me. I laughed “Well I don’t know Tre you missed like 2 months of school you may have to go back to the 9th grade” I said. He didn’t say anything. “I'm sorry coach I let you down, I was too blind to see that you wanted the best for me. I disrespected your household by bringing in drugs and I let the team down. You know I always looked up to you even the first day of practice when we found out we had a new coach I thought you were cool. I'm sorry man” he started crying. I rolled my eyes while he wasn’t looking and looked up to the ceiling and sat next to him letting him cry. I wasn’t affectionate to men or boys crying. “I let everyone down even my mother” he sobbed. When he said that I felt my heart sink, I didn’t see Tre anymore. I saw me when I was 18 years old being young and dumb. Maybe that's why I favored him so much, because he reminded me of myself my younger days. I hugged him tightly letting him cry that's all I could do at the moment there was too much going on.

They always have a plan Lmaooo

Poor Lisa :(

What do ya'll think is gonna happen next ???

Like & Comment