Chapter nineteen- Friendship

Chapter nineteen

Hanji POV

“I'm sorry.” I apologized realizing I was letting my emotions get the best of me I wiped my eyes quickly removing the remainders of a tear. Eren looked at the table with a sigh, I knew he was feeling the loss of the group to. Mikasa and Armin hadn't known them very long “I'll continue.” I began the story again

Alya POV

I smiled at them “I trust you will do this to the best of your ability’s.” They nodded and went inside leaving me standing in the hazy morning sunshine. I sighed closing my eyes and soaking in the rays for a while listening to the sound of nature in silence. The sound of boots on the dust caught my attention and I opened my eyes slowly to look up at Erwin he put his hand on my shoulder. “Sometimes I wonder how you keep so much trust and faith in your heart for people who don’t deserve it.” He said I looked into the tall man’s blue eyes. “Everyone deserves a second chance, even if they are rude spoiled brats.” I said with a smile. “Even if he doesn't like me, it doesn't mean he’s not human and humans should stick together… We have bigger problems then social issues don’t we?” a rhetorical question. He brushed his hair from his forehead sweeping it back in a quick motion. “I wish the world could think like you do Alya.” I looked at my hands in silence for a moment “Maybe one day they'll learn that if they don’t work together this war will never end.”

He exhaled quietly “Perhaps, I wanted to thank you for taking on this… problem.” He said folding his hands behind his back and pacing in front of me I chuckled half-heartedly. “No problem.” He looked down at me “I never noticed how short you are.” He stood directly in front of me and I only measured up to his mid to lower chest. “Maybe you’re just tall.” I chuckled looking up at him. He shrugged “I guess. I wish you luck on your… training.” He put his hand on my head. I didn't know why all the guys in my life seemed to do that to me, I snorted inwardly as he vanished inside again. I went inside to find the group. I'd decided on a name for them. Squad Levi. I was sure that Levi would like that name, because it was named after him. Inside, I saw them all sitting in the sitting room on the stiff brown couches. I hid behind the doorframe wanting to see how they would do without me monitoring them. Gunther and Eld sat on the same couch, while Oulo sat on one of the chairs next to the fire. Petra sat next to a uneasy looking Levi. “So, Levi lets hear about your past.” Petra offered.

The stone faced boy looked at her side-ways “I don’t think this is going to work.” He said stiffly. Petra put her hand on his shoulder and he winced away like he had a phobia against touching.  “Sure it will.” She smiled “You'll just have to try.” He frowned “Don’t you think I am?” He said. I listened intently and silently, waiting for Petra to continue. “There must be something you enjoy.” She said. I thought back to the piano and he remained silent for a moment. “Fine, there’s one thing.” He stood and they walked past me. I jumped behind a wardrobe in the hallway watching them all walk bye and up the stairs. I trailed them as skillfully and quietly as I could. Peeking though the door as Levi settled at the piano. “I didn't know we had a Piano.” Eld remarked.

Levi lifted his hands and then began to play, this time he didn't sing but his hands flew across the keys like wild birds.[listen to the youtube video] Petra let out a little shocked gasp and Oluo turned from the window to look at the young man playing the piano his hair flying around as he slid across the bench to reach the right keys. I listened, a smile on my face. His music was truly beautiful, Levis eyes where closed and a relaxed look on his face as his melody filled the room. I closed my eyes as well to become engulfed in the song, I listened to it a beautiful melody soaring though the air. He finished up and removed his hands eyes still closed, Petra smiled. “Wow… that was amazing!” She beamed.

He looked up at her slightly surprised “Uh…” He wasn't sure how to except the compliment. I chuckled as quietly as I could. “Thanks.” He said awkwardly. Suddenly Oulo sat down beside Levi “I bet I can play it to.” I noticed that Oulo must have been competing with Levi or at least trying to as Oulo put his hands down on the keys to make a very off key sound he bit his tongue as his head was sent down he cried out and fell off the chair. Petra Eld and Gunther laughed. Levi just stared at him like he was completely stupid. “C'mon ackerman, lighten up.” Gunther said, playfully slapping the black haired boy on his back. Levi stood up and shook his torso like he was covered in sand. “What did I say about touching?” He grumbled. Gunther removed his hand quickly “Sorry.”

I continued to smile, I backed away and pulled the little crack I had been peeking out of closed sneaking down the steps. I heard another roar of laughter, and I wondered what that stubborn boys laugh sounded like. I listened for a moment more than vanished down the steps I turned into my room and before me stood to my surprise a young brown haired woman, her eyes two pools of vivid blue and her face was cold. I blinked “Uh.” I noticed the rose marking on her heart and left shoulder. “Oh, you must be…” I trailed off, Pixis had not told us the name of the person who would be arriving here. “Captain Lina.” She said, her voice stiff and emotionless. “I am here to observe your trainee Ackerman.” I took a deep breath. “Alright, we were about to do mid-day exercises.” I said going down the steps the sound of boots against wood told me she was following me down the steps and towards the door.

Outside Erwin had already arraigned the group. Each of them doing the respectful salute.  I noticed that Ackerman and his ‘squad’ were nowhere to be found. I stepped beside the commander as subtly as I could. “Where are they?” I whispered. “Don’t you know?” I snorted at myself, idiot of course they must still be in the music room. Suddenly the five rushed out, laughing together. Levi to, I watched wide eyed as the boy smiled his eyes closed. I peered at them in seer surprise at this new revolution. The stone-like boy never smiled let alone laugh. As they walked past go into formation I spotted him open his left eye and look at the woman beside us. Of course, it was an act.

 The woman’s cold blue eyes followed Levi as he stood beside his ‘friends’ and they straightened up putting a fist over their hearts in respect. Erwin began “This is Captain Lina.” He said, his eyes cold as he kept his arms folded neatly behind his large chest. “She'll be with us for the next week.” He explained pacing in front of the group, back and forth. Making eye contact with one then the next. “I hope you'll be on your best behavior.” 

AN

-

DAT GIF 'DOUH.